The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Soca King

A pleasant experience at the gym today

It seems that I've been proven wrong,that not all AAS users are stuck up snobs.Today at the gym while I was having my shoulder and traps workout I spot this huge guy working out and I think to myself "This is one huge guy,he uses AAS but huge none the less"Anyway he asks me where the gym's standing calf machine was since he's only visiting Winnipeg & didn't really know his way around the gym.To finish the story after my workout was done I started to talk to him again in the change room and asked him what his height and weight is.He told me he's 5'11 240lbs,so I ask him in a respectful tone if he uses AAS and he tells me that he's been bodybuilding for 12 years & did use AAS for about 2-3 years but for personal reasons decided to stop.I thanked him for being so honest and told him that it actually refreshing to meet a serious bodybuilder who has done AAS and is not stuck up and is honest about his use.Who knows maybe I'll be fortunate someday to meet another bodybuilder like that someday

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

He's prolly still using
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

i meet guys like that alot.

our guys around wbb are like that. i think it's an unfair assumption to say guys who juice are stuck up. no matter what people do, they are still human beings. and for the most part human being are generally pretty cool.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Soca King
    Originally posted by Tryska
    i think it's an unfair assumption to say guys who juice are stuck up.
    Good point Tryska,although in my experience AAS users at my gym are stuck up and you can tell by the way they act and come across.But meeting and talking to this guy was a refreshing change

Cool...should have also asked training advice dude
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Soca King
    Originally posted by Orange357
    Cool...should have also asked training advice dude
    That's what I have people like you for

Originally posted by Big Show

That's what I have people like you for

Yeah, but this is a live person who is big and bad....many on this board are 125 pds soaking wet
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Soca King
    Well to tell you the truth I wouldn't have known what to ask.But who knows a similar oportunity will probably arise again someday

Yeah that's great man, maybe you wil meet more men like him and you can one day meet the one for you.
    Horns: 36 inches
    BodyWeight: 1650Llbs
    Canines: 12 inches
    Current bench press: Nissan 300zx (8 reps)

"Mate I will bench press you and your whole family." - Typhon (Australian Powerlifting Champ)

There are many AS users who don't admit use because they still like shiat!

I've had buddies from grade school who I have know all me life lie right to my face and say they quit. Little do they know I had just talked to the guy at the gym who told me he sold them stuff the week prior. That shiat kills me!

You won't find many people who are honest about AS use. They would like to perpetrate like they have superior genetics...I find it comical!

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I think you should have hit him in the neck with a crowbar. Just cause he's bigger. But aside from that, realize that a stereotype is just that. The majority of big guys that juice that I know are incredibly nice, well-mannered dudes.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Soca King
    Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
    The majority of big guys that juice that I know are incredibly nice, well-mannered dudes.
    Well Gyno Rhino I have no problem with being proven wrong.And who knows maybe in the near future my life will take an ironic twist and I'll end up having a good friend who's a muscled up AAS user

Perhaps people don't comment on their use of AAS because......THEY'RE ILLEGAL....
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

I know that if I were using and some stranger came up to me and asked me, I'd tell him to get *****d.
    Last edited by BigChaseyChase; 08-08-2002 at 10:34 PM.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.