Thread: Gym closed for two weeks, ideas?

Gym closed for two weeks, ideas?

I go to a gym on my college campus and the summer semester ends today and fall doesn't start for a couple weeks so there won't be anyone around (except me ). Anyways, everything on campus is closed for the break (gym included) which means I can't workout during that time. Now, I've thought of trying to get a week free pass at some of the local commercial gyms, however, a friend of mine said he tried that last year and the gyms are very cautious about giving out passes during this time just because of people like me. Although, I don't really know why because they may actually attract some students from the campus gym. Anyways, I don't have any money to get a membership anywhere (I'm in college, give me a break). Assuming I can't get some free access to the commercial gyms, what would you guys recommend for working out?
    Last edited by DaCypher; 08-09-2002 at 10:22 AM.

When was the last time you took time off from working out. If it's been awhile your body would benefit from a couple of weeks off. Or maybe no lifting and some outside cardio.
    sometimes slowly

My stats:
    Age - 43
    ht - 5' - 7"
    wt - 152 lbs
    bf% - 10.5%
    pipe dream goal 175 lbs @ 10% bf
    making the switch to power lifting

Banned
    Talk to whoever's in charge of maintenance and/or student services in your college... you may be able to get a key to the gym if you ask nicely enough.

Or if there are other gym's in the area, if you ask nicely most of them will give you at least a one week pass to try their gym out, voila....free gym hee hee....
    Just have to say that you are not sure if this gym is right for you so you need a trial membership.....
    I live in an area with at least a dozen gyms within a half hour ride so they are always competing for more business.
    30 y/o
    5'10"
    210lbs

I agree with runt.. take the first week off and then if you want, do some BW exercises (bodyweight that is).. such as pullups (both gripped away and facing), feet elevated pushups, crunches, etc... get creative... do side raises with milk jugs or books... don't worry about the reps either just do your best.

If you are really really serious about this, I can email you an article about lifting your own bodyweight with handstand pushups against a wall that is amazing.

Well, I took a week off about a month ago, so I dont think its really necessary for another break, but its not a bad idea, although I think 2 weeks is a bit long.

I know a few people that work at the gym but they're going to be out of town and they don't have keys. I doubt they would just give me a key like that, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm going to try to get some free trials, we'll see how that goes...
    Obstacles are what you see when you take your mind off the goal.
    -Unknown

Energy and persistence conquer all things.
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 weeks arent long at all. Just do something else jog, play football, baseball something.
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'

That's true, might not be a bad idea to take two weeks off. I actually can't remember the last time (2+ years) that I took more than a week off at a time.

My apartment complex has a cardio room so I could at least do some of that...
    Obstacles are what you see when you take your mind off the goal.
    -Unknown

Energy and persistence conquer all things.
    -Benjamin Franklin

wrestler
    Originally posted by DaCypher
    That's true, might not be a bad idea to take two weeks off. I actually can't remember the last time (2+ years) that I took more than a week off at a time.

My apartment complex has a cardio room so I could at least do some of that...
    I can't lift becuase of a back problem right now and my muscles are growing! It funny how much some time off can help your body.
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

My Journal

God Bless!

if you are worrying about losing muscle chances are that wont happen, just eat alot. Or if you are worrying about losing strength just really do some active rest do something go to the beach something.
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'