The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Back!

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar

I'm Back!

Remember me? Well, it's been a long, hot summer, but training was optimum... Changed my workout, changed my diet, changed my whole way of thinking...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

More...
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

Still more...

Another...

And finally...

It's GREAT to be back, please feel free to comment. I would appreciate your opinion. Can't wait to continue my education!

You look good man. But you need to show us your back. You look better now than before.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Back... ok... I think I have one...

Thx, RussianRocket-

Been working hard.

You looks good, props for w8
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    nice wheels

that looks like a lot of mass

I'm sure it would be more impressive in person too

look good...btw what do you neighbors think of you taking pics of yourself on the front driveway in your underwear?
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Originally posted by Orange357
    look good...btw what do you neighbors think of you taking pics of yourself on the front driveway in your underwear?
    lol, lookin' big w8
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

LOL!

Those are $6 workout shorts from Sports Authority.

Luckily for me, I work from home and lift at home, so very few of my neighbors are home during the day. At the end of the month, I set the self timer on the digi and let 'em rip!

I DID freak out some women from Jehovah's Witness one morning, though!

good to hear, the less they come knockin the better if you ask me
    "Poor is the pupil that does not surpass the master"

hey,

your definetly looking alittle slimmer than before the summer, i dug up some old pics of yours, i hope you dont mind
    Last edited by someoneunlikeyo; 08-09-2002 at 12:25 AM.
    my goals: gain weight and muscle mass

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Hey, it doesnt matter what they think about him taking pics of himself in his front yard. A guy that big can take pictures of himself wherever the **** he wants!

You're a big boy, w8. Good work.

Own any guns? I..uhh...have an opening.

Banned

What is your diet?

Seems you have lost quite a bit of bodyfat.

Trying to figure this out JohnCollins's Avatar
    Originally posted by EVO
    good to hear, the less they come knockin the better if you ask me
    Of course, you also might attract some, uh, non-Jehovah's Witness wymens, too, with that technique!.

Looks awesome, W8. I'm curious about your diet, too. I lost a bunch easily at the beginning of the year, but the last little bit won't come off very easily. I can't do too high a protein ratio or I feel loopy at work. I'm doing "The Zone" basically, now.

JPC

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Originally posted by W8_4_Me
    LOL!

I DID freak out some women from Jehovah's Witness one morning, though!
    LMAO! Good job...that's what they get for bothering people at home

Looks like your summer is going well...welcome back! What prompted the change in diet/routine/etc?

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Well, basically, it was people at this board and another board who caused me to re-think just what I was doing.

Back in 1999, when I started working AND working out at home, I bought a couple of items to basically just try to "tighten it all up," if you will. I bought a multi-station machine and a smith machine.

I decided to lift with the multi-station on one day, then use the smith the next day. It was more about the motion & exercise than the gains, but all of a sudden the gains were going pretty well.

I wasn't doing anything to separate muscle groups on the whole. 2 months ago, all that changed. I finally started listening. As a result, I completely re-worked what I was doing... I employed the information contained in Schwarzenegger's revised Encyclopedia. I started training using the "Advanced Level I" program; a 6 week program that's not for the faint of heart.

Diet-wise, I am a grazer. I always have reduced fat, low-fat, no-fat stuff around, and I eat when I need to eat, not when the clock says it's time to eat. I drink a ton of water, some juice, a bit too much Diet Coke, even a beer here and there!

Cardio - swimming, biking, blading, chasing my 3 kids around.

Height: 5' 8"
    Weight: 205 lbs.

Thank you all for the kind words! It means a lot coming from wannabebig. Y'all know your stuff!

Oh- and I like my supps.

Protein powder (x2 per day), creatine (10g per day), a multi-vitamin, and a generic thermogenic (like Xenadrine).

This week is my off week, mercifully... I needed the 7th week just to rest and heal. Next week, I think I'll start another 6 weeks before venturing to the next level.

W8 - The legs are looking especially impressive, and I agree with what everyone else has said, you are looking leaner than before.

Are you looking to drop more bodyfat? I think you would look insane about 20lbs leaner, you have some great mass.

A couple of diet questions:

Why all the low-fat foods? How many grams of fat do you think you take in each day? Total calories?

Marshall-

Ya know, diet has always been my weak point. Right now, I am more concerned with the quality of my lifting than the diet side, but diet concerns me too, of course. That's going to be the next step... refining my diet.

I would like to drop some more body fat and I will, but unfortunately, I don't really have the answer to your questions right now, but I'll try to keep better track.

Like I said, I eat when my body tells me I need to eat. On the weekends, I am not so strict, but I need to tighten that up as well.

I have a goal to compete in a local natural BB comp by the time I reach 40 (7 months to go), just to say I did it, and to thumb my nose at the big 4-0. With that in mind, it really is time to get more serious about diet.

Hey - I think you should do it! The reason I asked about the fat content in your diet, is that you may actually end up cutting down on the calories you're taking in if you stopped eating low fat, fat makes you feel full, and in turn you might eat less, therefore making it easier to shed those last lbs. A certain amount of fat in your diet is actually good for you too -- healthy fats. I would shoot for 30% of your total calories at the least.

Keep up the good work, and nice to have you back.

You look good. Where have you been?

W8,

Looking good! I am in a similar situation as you... I am 37, I workout at home, would like to compete by the time I am 40, etc... I still have a long way to go just to get where you are now but I have a couple more years before the big 4-0.

By the way, isn't it nice living in Florida? We can workout in the garage year round! Although it does get a little hot in the summer. I tried installing an air conditioning vent in the garage but it sucked too much from the house. Oh well, fans do the trick pretty good.

Keep up the good work and let us know how things are progressing...