The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
    Energizer Bunnie

A Work In Progress

By creating this journal I am now ACCOUNTABLE. Any CONSTRUCTIVE feedback or suggestions with regards to weight training, cardio or diet will be greatly appreciated....

Background

My height is 5ft 4" and I was 78kg. I Lost 21.5kg between October 2001 & April 2002. How did I do it? Quit smoking & drinking, became Vegan (eliminated meat & animal byproducts), exercised daily & did weights 3x per week. Plus of course my unlimited self-discipline & determination...

My pic (in wannabebig faces) was taken about 3 weeks before hitting my target weight.

Okay, since April I have been a wee bit naughty and slacking off slightly to the point that I lacked focus and put on some additional weight - going back to some of the old patterns of behaviour....

Current Goal

My ultimate vision is for a completely sculpted, svelte & muscular physique. I want to radiate vitality, strength, health & energy from every pore in my body.

Target Weight = 54kg
    Body Fat = (TBA)

My Cardio routine currently consists of either Cross trainer (30mins), Spinning class (45mins), Walking on treadmill (30mins at 7.0 speed & 6.5 incline - special thanks to ectx.. ) or swimming (30mins freestyle). Can't wait to get back to jogging but due to injury have to be patient.....

Current weights routine is split programme:-

Upper Body
    Grinder (5min)
    Lat d/b raises using 4kg free weights - 2x12
    Bicep curl barbell(35kg) - 2x12
    Tricep kickback - 3kg - 2x12
    Pec deck (40kg) - 2x12
    Crunches on floor with weight - 2 x 50
    Softball back ext 2x15
    Prone Brace 3x 20 seconds

Lower Body (which I did today)

Leg press (25kg) 2x12
    Softball lunches (using 3kg weights) 2x12
    Softball Squats (using 3kg weights) 2x12
    Softball reverse curl 2x12
    Softball lift 2x10
    Crunches - 2x50
    Prone brace 3x20seconds

Gym membership expires on 13th August & I am changing to another closer to home so that means another fitness test and will post my current girth & skinfold measurements....

Next post will be typical diet.......

Enjoy !

Francesca

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Hey Fran,

Good luck with your journal and renewed focus. Clearly you've already made a lot of progress and the next step will have you migrating from looking 'good' to looking 'spectacular'.

A couple of comments/questions:

1) what's a grinder? (besides a sandwich, that is)
    2) your cardio looks cool, but your weight program is a bit dodgy (specifics to follow)
    3) It's cool that you're Vegan; some folks think animal protein is easier to uptake into muscle, but if you can cram down enough soy and legumes and whatnot to get your protein, then it's all good -- if you 'downgrade' to veggie instead of uber-Vegan, whey protein is my favourite food... perhaps I'm not well for thinking it, but it's fast, and easy if not as cheap as some regular foods and it helps ensure I get enough protein daily to support muscles growing.
    4) you might want to take a look at the WBB lifting programs posted here and/or reconsider your weight training strategy. The short answer is that there's no real reason for women to lift differently from men... we're all humans, we all have muscles that work the same way... you're better off doing compound movements, increasing the weight progressively, and avoiding lame exercises like DB kickbacks. You're a woman, so you don't have to worry about getting all bulky and stuff, but there's little sense in doing lifts with low efficacy; you might as well get the most bang for your buck that you can.

I hope that's constructive enough; I put together what I think is a decent twice-a-week whole-body routine with weights for my wife that I'd be glad to pass onto you as an alternative to what you're looking at now.

Anyway, that's all I have for now.

Cheers!
    Cal

Energizer Bunnie

Legend !!!!!

Originally posted by Callahan
    the next step will have you migrating from looking 'good' to looking 'spectacular'.
    Hey Cal,

Couldn't have put it better myself!!!! Thanks heaps for your constructive advice... you're a legend.....

I would really love to see the whole body routine you put together for your wife too....as I mentioned I am changing gyms next week and I'd rather be a little more prepared this time around..

A grinder by the way is a machine at my gym that looks like an upside down bicycle - instead of feet at the pedals its the arms...it works the biceps & triceps...

Anyway, yesterday went to the gym and worked on the upper body (as indicated in first post). This is my diet for the day:-

Breakfast :

Banana smoothie - made from Rice Dream (rice milk) & frozen banana put in blender - was yummy !!!

Lunch:

Huge Salad - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, beanshoots, carrot, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, 4 tbsp rice. Dressing was olive oil & lemon.

Snack

200g Natural Almonds (I soak these overnight in water and it makes them really plump and sweet - highly recommended!)

Dinner:

Indonesian Restaurant (special occasion as my dad came down from Sydney and took me out to dinner .... )
    Small bowl of fried peanuts (naughty but very nice)
    Green Vegetable curry with boiled rice
    Black rice pudding for desert - yummy....

I drink between 3-5litres of water per day....I dont drink anything else.....

Enough for today !

Cheers,

Francesca

Good luck Fran, hope you achieve your goals.

What are these exercises?

Softball back ext 2x15
    Prone Brace 3x 20 seconds

Softball lunches (using 3kg weights) 2x12
    Softball Squats (using 3kg weights) 2x12
    Softball reverse curl 2x12
    Softball lift 2x10
    Prone brace 3x20seconds
    Again good luck.

Energizer Bunnie

Saturday 10th August 2002

Thanks for your support MonStar - I have been reading quite a number of online journals and I clearly have my work cut out for me..... If I had read these before I posted mine....I wouldn't be here now.......how embarrassing... Didn't realise I was such a novice......

I've been coasting along quite nicely over the past 9 months with slight variations in my weights programme but seeing some of the pictures of the guys & gals on this site (a mighty fine looking group - you are all BABES..... ).

I've always wanted a personal trainer so when would
    NOW
    be a good time to get one ????
    Does anybody have any tips on how to find a BRILLIANT personal trainer?

Okay, today's exercise consisted of 1.5 hours latin dancing .....tres good.....

Here is the diet for the day:-

Breakfast:

Hot water with slice of lemon - aim is to Alkalize the body
    Rice pudding with Banana

Lunch:

100g Raw soaked almonds
    Huge rice salad

Dinner:

Steamed Veges - Brocolli, Carrot, Zucchini, Pumpkin.
    Dressing - Tuscan seasoning with Sesame & sunflower seeds
    Tofu marinated in Plum sauce - yummo.....

Have a terrific day peoples !

Cheers,

Francesca

Energizer Bunnie

Sunday 11th August

Another easy day today......40 minute power walk ( i so miss my jogging... ) around the park...

I only have 3 more days at the gym before I transfer so will do full body weights on Monday & Wednesday..... Tomorrow I'll get my feet fully measured and get some decent shoes...

Anyway, diet for the day:-

Breakfast :

Hot water & lemon
    Steamed Brocolli with Tahini sauce

lunch :

200g raw almonds
    Large salad - usual stuff

Dinner :

Morrocon stir fry with Tofu - delish actually....

I generally only eat when I'm hungry but a few members have informed me that I need to eat more often....Why is that...

Enjoy !

Cheers,

Francesca
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

The Chicken Mr'ga

Re: Sunday 11th August

Originally posted by Franjipani
    I generally only eat when I'm hungry but a few members have informed me that I need to eat more often....Why is that...
    if u eat every 2-3hrs, your speeding up your metabolism ..
    also by training your body that youll be comsuming a meal every 2-3 hours, its letting your body know it doesnt have to hold onto fats (if u dont eat regularly your body will store fat so youll have energy for the rest of the day incase you dont consume another meal, because it doesnt know when your next meal is coming), but by consuming a meal every 2-3hrs your body knows it will be geting a refeed in a few hours time, so those fats wont be stored away for future usage..
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

:withstupi
    also, add some EFA's. They help you get rid of the "bad fats"
    check your pm's

Energizer Bunnie

12th August 2002

Was the last day at my current gym. Did weights today..... First Cardio... walking on treadmill 30mins at 7.0 speed & 7.0 incline). Then it was weights...running short of time today though...
    Does it make a difference doing cardio first or last?

Lat raises using 5kg free weight - 2x12
    Bicep curl barbell(35kg) - 2x12
    Tricep kickback - 3kg - 2x12
    Pec deck (40kg) - 2x12
    Crunches on floor with weight - 2 x 50
    Leg press (25kg) 2x12

Diet was extremely pathetic today as had friend from interstate visit so it was out for lunch and out for dinner....tuttut

Meal 1 = hotwater & lemon to alkalize followed by brocoli & tahini
    Meal 2 = babaganoosh dip with turkish bread & pumpkin & chick pea curry with some white rice
    Meal 3 = Thai - curry puff, spring roll, tofu triangle (with sweet chilli sauce & peanut sauce) then vegetable curry with rice with roti....
    Definitely not enough water today - lots of peppermint tea though

Anyway, I felt totally shite after all that as you can imagine... won't be doing that again in a hurry.....

Pretty excited about joining up with my new gym today...yipppeee.. its part of YMCA (local gym) all I know is I'll be able to start doing Yoga - (I'm in desperate need of increasing my flexibility - heaps of issues with tight muscle groups in calves) and swimming - looking forward to exercising without pain...
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Hey Momma! Don't fret too much about diet. Every once in a while your body needs a curve ball, it keeps it guessing. As far as cardio and weights...do it after you hit the weights or completely separate. You want to have enough energy when you hit the weights. How much cardio are you doing? It sounds to me like your doing it everyday...not good. 3-4 times a week is enough. Your joints and your firm body will thank you later. Sometimes less is best. Coming from a cardio junky, believe me, that was not easy to say.

cheers,
    r

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Do you have any idea what your total calories are for a typical day? It just seems like you should be eating more if you are seriously lifting...I would have a hard time keeping going on your diet.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Energizer Bunnie

13th August 2002

Feeling a bit "blah" as I didnt do any exercise today...but did join my new gym.... I'M EXCITED !!!!! I've booked the best weights instructor to show me the ropes...but booked out until next Wednesday - bummer....

Thanks to Cal & extc, I will be sporting a new and improved weights programme which I will post when I begin - yay !!!! Thanks for your help guys I really appreciate it

I must say, it feels strange 'grazing' rather than eating my three meals a day. I guess I just need to tweak it a bit more and eat a lot less with each meal.

Its also been suggested to me that a protein shake is in order...I know I can get "soy protein" type shakes but is it really necessary? I understand the principles that it will help build more muscle (and lose fat - remember, thats the aim here as well, I need to lose about 8kg more)...

Daily Diet

meal 1 = two heads of brocolli & tahini (i'm really enjoying this breaky at the moment)
    meal 2 = Vegetable fried rice (200g boiled white rice, 1tbsp olive oil, carrot & zucchini) twas yum also..
    meal 3 = 200g raw almonds
    meal 4 = 2x apples
    meal 5 = Huge salad (the basics + avocado + red capsicum + olive oil) with 350g tofu with Herbamare (organic herb seasoning). Adding the seasoning make the tofu crispy..ummmmm

IceRgrrl - I appreciate your comments and the answer is no, I don't tally up my calories....I am certainly getting enough food though, in fact I'm not even really hungry at times when I do eat which is a no, no....tuttut. Think I'm over doing it on the nuts actually.... they are quite moorish....I will do it though just for curiousity sake... (ohh just as an aside - I've really been enjoying reading your journal... )

Enough now !

Cheers,

Francesca

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Way below radar
    Thanks Franji...glad my journal is of interest

The reason I asked about your cals is that it is sometimes a surprise to women that they have to eat a lot more than the conventional wisdom dictates once they get into heavy training. I have a good friend who is vegan and I know that it can be quite a job to blend both training and diet in that situation.

Sounds like you're off to a great start

--Robert Frost

Yeah definitely a great start to a journal FRanjipanji!
    Your diet looks quite apetizing and i'm a total meat lover.
    I am curious as well about your daily total intake of protein. I'm not really up to par on the amounts of proteins you're getting in some of those foods so I'm just curious.

Energizer Bunnie

14th August 2002

Its was my first day in the new gym & I had written all over my face....but it was okay because I was ever so EXCITED...

First day with new Programme:-

WEIGHTS

Bench Press - (first time I've ever done this so they would not let me put any weight on it - the bar was 8kg - too easy of course)

Incline DB press - 2x 10 using 5.6kg (12.5lbs) Felt weird doing this one also on an incline bench. Next time I will go up one as it was not tough enough

Seated Row - 2x 10 using 20kg

Lat Pulldown 10 x 20kg & 8 x 25kg (I overestimated the 25kg and was only able to do 8). I had the bar in front instead of behind head - does it make much of a difference?

Arnold Press (never done this before - felt odd rotating the wrists) 2x10 using 5.6kg (12.5lbs)

Leg Ext - 2x 10 using 25kg

Leg Press - 90degree leg press 10 x 40kg & 10x45kg (didnt like this one much - didnt feel like it did anything at all )

Lat raises - 2 x 10 using 5.6kg (12.5lbs)

Followed Weights with 35 minutes on Treadmill walking 7.0 and incline of 7.5 - increasing by increments of .5 per minute.

STUFF

I really enjoyed the new exercises today although I'm a stickler for form so will be glad when I have my assessment next Wednesday to make sure I'm doing everything properly. Last thing I want is to cause injury to myself. I'd really like to know how to strenghen my inner legs as I pronate on my right foot which rotates my hip (I think??) and I want it to be stronger.

Was my first time at doing weights FIRST before any cardio - wow...felt quite odd. I didnt really sweat much at all (I think my system is far from efficient at the moment).

Stayed on the treadmill for 5 minutes longer than usual as I was distracted by a fine looking guy who jumped into the 50m pool with his suit and brief case..I thought ..what the..... then I saw an underwater photographer....mmmmmm twas a nice sight though...

**note to self - must buy gloves for weight training

Must dash,

Francesca

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Energizer Bunnie

14th August 2002 (part 2)

Daily Diet

Meal 1 = 480g Steamed Brocolli & Tahini (Broc is 49% protein by the way)
    Meal 2 = 200g soaked raw almonds
    Meal 3 = Salad Wrap (salad + 1 piece of mountain bread)
    Meal 4 = as above - delicious - warmed in oven
    Meal 5 = Steamed Vege's

Stuff

I've decided to count calories for a little while so I get an indication of how much I'm eating (thanks to Sav & IceRgrrl ). Is there some online facility that tells you the calories in specific foods ??? Wouldn't have a clue about my Almonds.
    I really love my almonds but I know I MUST cut down on them and get a different source of good protein.....I've been thinking for a little while that I may re-introduce fish back into my diet....I'd rather take something more natural than go to supplements if possible...anyway, I'll see how I go first before making any drastic changes...

Am feeling nice tingles from my workout today....shall get some decent shut-eye tonight me thinks..

Cheers,

Francesca

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Banned
    Good work on the lifting, Fran!

A few comments:
    Peoples' opinions vary on this, but I'm not a big fan of cardio immediately after weight training. Your call of course, but IMHO the best thing you can do right after lifting weights is to consume come protein & carbs and let your muscles grow . . . ectx (above) also has it right; you don't need to cardio every day.

If you're going to lift whole-body 2x a week, a good solution may be to do cardio on 3 or 4 of the other days in a week... this will also cut down on the amount of time you gotta spend in the gym on any one day; doing a whole-body lift-program plus 35 mins of cardio means you're probably looking at 2 hours or more by the time you get in, get changed, lift, cardio, shower and get out . . . far too long in the gym for one day!

Supplements/Protein: Fish is good, and easy to get in Oz, from what I hear. I wouldn't dismiss protein powders as 'unnatural' though. I guess the real thing about them is their convenience; if you don't mind the extra work, then 'real' food is just as good but you may find it a helluva lot easier just to slam down protein shakes to help get your protein up.

For the lat pulldown, I'd leave it at 25kg and push yourself to get 10 reps, if that's what you're shooting for . . . if you only get 8 this session, try for 9 session and so on. It's not about lifting to a set number and then stopping. It's about lifting as many times as you possibly can, which ideally will max out around your target rep range. If you can lift 20kg 13 times and 25kg 8 times and your target reps are 10, you ought to be lifting 25kg and working up to 10 reps. Once you can get those 10-11 reps, you should be bumping with weight up to 30kg and pushing up again from 7-8 reps to 10 again. Get it?

And behind/in front of the neck doesn't really matter for lat pulldowns. Some people will claim it's bad for your shoulders to do it behind, but it's a matter of preference. If it feels comfortable to do it behind, go for it. If it feels more comfortable in front, go for it. The kicker is that there are some people that do it in front and then use their spinal erectors to sway their torso and build up momentum, 'cheating' on every rep simply to lift more weight. These people are only cheating themselves; by doing this with your lower back, you're robbing your lats of the work. Personally, I perfer behind the neck because I CAN'T cheat with that position. But to each their own.

Cheers!
    Cal

Way below radar

Re: 14th August 2002 (part 2)

[BIs there some online facility that tells you the calories in specific foods ??? Wouldn't have a clue about my Almonds.
    I really love my almonds but I know I MUST cut down on them and get a different source of good protein.....I've been thinking for a little while that I may re-introduce fish back into my diet....I'd rather take something more natural than go to supplements if possible...anyway, I'll see how I go first before making any drastic changes...
    [/B]
    I like www.fitday.com. The database is pretty good plus you can add your own custom foods. And go for the fish!

--Robert Frost

Energizer Bunnie

15th August 2002

awwww I'm a sore muffin today after yesterday's weights so I only did a yoga class today to stretch out every single bit of me...

IceRgrrl - you are an absolute legend for directing me to that web site...not sure just how accurate it all is (ie. I never really count some veges as having many calories at all)....but whooooa did I get the shock of my life when I saw the breakdown...!!!

DAILY DIET

Meal I = 2 heads Brocoli & tahini
    Meal II = 250g tofu & Salad (carrot, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado - whole, olive oil & lemon)
    Meal III = 150g almonds (<<<note - cut back slightly )
    Meal IV = 250g tofu - crispy & really tasty - yummo

Now very interestingly, I consumed 2166 calories today - 71% FAT , 11% CARBS & 18% PROTEIN .... Looking at my meals, it looks like nothing but I gotta say that my salads are pretty massive...

STUFF

Okay, didnt quite make the 6 meals but hey, i'll get there now that I have my new super dupa SOY PROTEIN supplement whoo hoo !!! so its bye bye fat & helloooooooo muscle.......

I really had an OUTSTANDING day today !!! I got myself a sexy new pair of runners, got my soy protein sorted, bought some flaxseed oil & gloves for weights.
    Was also my last night of Latin Funk dance class and we put together the routine we've been working on for 6 weeks now....we looked pretty groovy gettin down with our bad selves... Damn good exercise too - I'll be counting that one....

Cal - point taken with the protein powders & doing cardio straight after weights. I will stick with 25kg during Lat Pulldowns and let you know how I go....I have never felt this sore after weights before so its all goooood Great news too, this gym actually have spinning classes so I'm really impressed with the facilities here - will do classes in my off days.

Ectx - I can't thank you enough for your constant guidance & support mmmmmwwwaaahhh - you are a champ !!!

Until tomorrow,

Cheers,

Francesca
    Last edited by Franjipani; 08-15-2002 at 07:55 AM.

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Way below radar
    No problem, Franji...and I know exactly what you are saying about seeing the breakdown. It helps to log everything for a few days and see what you are really eating. I know it really helps me to stay on track and make sure I am getting enough protein.

The database is pretty accurate if you make sure that you are as accurate as possible with your amounts/measurements.

--Robert Frost

Hey gorgeous. Looks like your getting a hell of a workout. I'm really enjoying reading your journal. Well, I'll bug you tonight...or I guess in the morning Oz time.
    r

Energizer Bunnie

Friday 16th August 2002

Got some decent shuteye last night - 7hrs. Upper body still sore from weights on Wednesday so decided to do a spinning (RPM) class at my new gym...How impressed was I?? it ROCKED !!!!! Music makes a huge difference to my workout & motivation level - they have just scored themselves a regular.....

DAILY DIET

Fitday.com was offline today so was unable to tally up my calories etc...I was ever so good too - until dinner time Went out for dinner tonight to the Vege Bar in Brunswick St. & had pizza for dinner but was extremely proud of the fact I resisted a slice of heaven -VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE...mmmmmm its the best i've ever tasted but nothing tastes as good as how I'm gonna feel soon

Now that I've fully recovered from shock about my calorie breakdown from yesterday, Im happy to report that I've cut down on my daily nut & tahini consumption by half and that I have begun taking my protein shake..yiipppeeee......Gotta also add that my body is beginning to get used to the additional feeds too....

Meal I = brocoli & tahini (2tbsp)
    Meal II = Protein shake with Rice milk - delish !
    Meal III= Almonds (100g)
    Meal IV = 2 slices mountain bread with salad & avocado + 1tbsp Flaxseed oil + tahini as spread
    Meal V = Vegan pizza - Moroccan (humous, olives, pumpkin etc...) god it was divine !!!

STUFF

I have found that by dramatically reducing carbs & sugars from my diet it seems to curb any cravings....It helps with womanly cycles too....I used to over-eat at times for comfort and to fill up - even when I was not hungry - a case of my system screaming out for sugar ?? Anyway, I'm bound to gain greater muscle definition as a result... so its all good.

Whoo hoo - got weights in the morning..get to use my new gloves

Cheers,

Francesca

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Way below radar

Re: Friday 16th August 2002

Upper body still sore from weights on Wednesday so decided to do a spinning (RPM) class at my new gym...How impressed was I?? it ROCKED !!!!! Music makes a huge difference to my workout & motivation level - they have just scored themselves a regular.....
    LOL! Yup, I agree...Spinning is an awesome workout and it goes by fast! It's about the only way my short attention span will last through 45 minutes of cardio that is not outdoors or a game of some sort

--Robert Frost

Energizer Bunnie

17th August 2002

Had 6.5hours sleep last night & woke a little bit tired actually....still, jumped out of bed, had my protein shake and made my way to the gym Pretty excited to try out my new gloves...... (always the little things that are so amusing )

WEIGHTS

Bench Press
    1.2kg (2.75lb) weights 3x10
    Second time I've used this - first time was not allowed to use any weight at all (the bar is 8kg). I will improve this next session.

Incline DB press
    5.6kg = 1x 10
    6.8kg = 1x 10
    6.8kg = 1x 10

Lat Pulldown
    20kg = 1x10
    25kg = 1x10
    25kg = 1x8

Arnold Press
    5.6kg =1x10
    6.8kg= 1x8
    6.8kg= 1x8

Lat Raises
    5.6kg= 1x10
    6.8kg= 1x8
    6.8kg= 1x6

Seated Row
    20kg=1x10
    25kg=1x8
    25kg=1x8

Leg Ext
    20kg=1x10
    25kg=1x10
    25kg=1x10

Leg Curl
    20kg=1x10
    25kg=1x10
    25kg=1x10

Leg Press
    45kg=1x10
    55kg=1x10
    55kg=1x10

*Crunches with weight 2x70

DE-BRIEF

For the first time EVER I know what it feels like for muscles to BURN baby very addictive stuff....... The leg extensions did the trick but was the only exercise where i felt that burning sensation. Having issues with the leg press machine - I don't like this particular machine its shite Is there another exercise I can do to substitute????

I went to the gym first thing in the morning and felt the session was tougher than the other afternoon. I was happy that I increased my weight in most cases. Don't understand why I'm not sweating though

DAILY DIET

Meal I = Protein shake with Rice Milk (300g)
    Meal II = Protein shake with Rice milk (300g)
    Meal III= Almonds (150g)
    Meal IV = 2 apples
    Meal V = Crispy tofu with Salad + 1 avocado + olive oil + flax oil

Total Cals: 2439
    Fat: 55%
    Carbs:26%
    Protein: 121 482 20%

DE-BRIEF

I can't believe how many cals I'm consuming !!! They have increased by 273 since Thursday but my fat has gone down by 10% and increased my carbs by 15% & protein only by 2%.....hummmm its the veges with the hidden carbs...I even had two shakes today !!! Okay, will keep an eye on it.. All my fats are good oils. I MUST find some alternative foods to eat......

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!!

IceRgrrl - I can't believe how unbalanced my diet is since I've been using that website you suggested....Its pretty brutal Any idea how many cals I need to be consuming in order to lose the last 9kg???

Ectx - Gonna need to crank things up a gear or two hon

Have a top night guys !

Francesca

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Meal I = Protein shake with Rice Milk (300g)
    Meal II = Protein shake with Rice milk (300g)
    Meal III= Almonds (150g)
    Meal IV = 2 apples
    Meal V = Crispy tofu with Salad + 1 avocado + olive oil + flax oil
    Hehe I like the Roman numerals, phat as hell. Journal looking good as always.
    Last edited by MonStar; 08-18-2002 at 12:44 AM.