The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Time to show my fat ass, in case anyone cares.

Well, not my ass literally. And not all of me, just part. The pictures are kind of crappy and I have about 20-25 lbs of mukluk to lose.

These pics are a couple of months old. I've gotten a little beefier since. I'm 5'5" after hanging by the neck overnight with ankle weights. Arms are currently 16" cold flexed (pumped, 16.5", about 15.75" in the pics), chest is almost 46"... you get the idea...

[edited] Oh yeah, and I'm 210 lbs.

Last edited by Bullrider Billy; 08-09-2002 at 12:40 PM.
    The weights won't lift themselves.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Ecoli die
    Go to it bro! What are you doing, bulking more or cutting?
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    LOL, couldn't you have gotten a timer or someone else to do the shot for you?
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Banned
    Good work, mate. You have almost as little neck as I do.

Bulking. I haven't been able to lose any fat because of thyroid and growth hormone deficiency. Ironically I was low in testosterone too, yet I managed to pack on a good deal of muscle. I'm on testosterone and thyroid replacement, soon to start GH (all through my docs), so I'm hoping to become a monster. Maybe even sprout horns a la a Minotaur.

The camera does have a timer and a tripod... I just never learned how to use them, and no one was home at the time.

Callahan...
    Last edited by Bullrider Billy; 08-09-2002 at 12:22 PM.

gh eh?

lucky you.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Yeah, but I've had to jump through hoops to find the right doctors (an endo and a uro) to finally get my hormonal nightmares under control. It was never only my thyroid. I have 'ideopathic hypopituitarism'... for an unknown reason, parts of my pituitary don't function. Lovely, isn't it?

strange.....i can see how that would kind of throw off the tsh feedback loop tho.

at least your working with someone who can help ya figure out what's going on.

let me ask you..do you have difficulty putting on muscle? judging from the pics, ya look pretty beefy. (in a muscly way)

Banned
    Hey Billy . . . I know a guy named Jim Brooks in Monmouth County . . . you don't happen to know 'im, do ya? Just curious.

Tryska... the irony is that I've put on a good deal of muscle in the past 6-7 years. But I think the testosterone and GH deficiencies only recently started. Like within the past 2-3 years.

Callahan... Nope, don't know anyone by that name.

Originally posted by Bullrider Billy
    so I'm hoping to become a monster. Maybe even sprout horns a la a Minotaur.
    Now that I would like to see!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if you did sprout horns! good luck and keep up the good work!

Dave

billy...yeah i've noticed i put muscle on quite easily myself, which i thought funny because of the whole muscle weakness thing (not that i'm anywhere near strong, but i can put on muscle. *lol*)

anyways....i'm sure once you've got the t and gh going you will feel like superman.

Back at it
    Hey Billy...

Major props to ya! Thyroid probems deffinatly make losing weight (or even maintaining) a more difficult task than the average Joe. Lookin good and I'll be curious to see your progress over the months.

Thanks guys and guyette.

I also don't understand how we can add muscle when our metabolisms are slowed down. Adding fat is no problem. Though I have to say that maintaining strength is a slippery slope. I very often find myself backsliding and plateauing for long periods of time.

I'll definitely be keeping a photo diary of my (hoped for) progress.

I won't start the GH for another 4 or 5 weeks because my endocrinologist is still on baby leave. But by Monday I should have my adjusted thyroid dosage. I'm cheating and adding some T4 from my previous prescription in the meantime (my med. is Armour, a natural T4/T3 combo). So I'm just adding some T4 to start lowering my TSH. Three days of this won't hurt.

you know...now that you mention it.....i definitely have difficulty breaking plateaus.....hmm.

anyways, i've got an endo appt at the end of this month. can't wait either, because i think my recent foray into dhea supplementation has resulted in me needing a t-4 increase, if that makes any sense. either way, i'm not feeling 100% at the moment.

Bullrider Billy...if you get your diet squared away you should be able to make some great gains once you start on the gH and test...good luck !

damn the sex life must be lagging.
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    dayÖonly then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Billy, tell me what model that camera is and I'll help you figure out the timer and how to set the flash right.

Drop me a PM if you want to know more than you could ever imagine.