The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mystic Eric

Does this girl seem like she's interested?

So anyways, I have this co worker and she's seriously one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen in my life. Let's call her "S." I haven't started talking to her t'il recently because I've been extremely shy around her. She drove me home last week and I made her laugh lots and stuff so all was good. Last night, she drove me home again but one of our other co-worker's car broke down outside of the store. This co worker whose car broke down was an older lady so we stayed with her for an hour just to make sure her husband would arrive to pick her up. So bla bla bla I bought a coffee for the co worker who i'm infatuated with at startbucks and we waited for a while. Then finally, that older lady's husband came and "S" drove me home. I'm moving to Vancouver for university at the end of the month so I asked "S" if should would like to hang out with me when I move down there. (You see, I've been thinking about getting her number since the last time she drove me home. I even had to lie to her about tonight because one of my friends who lives pretty much right beside me was working last night too and he could have driven me home. We made up some excuse that his mom was picking him up instead and they were heading out) She said she couldn't hear me because I was standing outside of the car and she was inside. She stepped out and I asked her again and she said of course. She then asked for my number and I immediately thought: "Oh ****. She's just gonna ask for my number and never call"

But it wasn't like that. She then said "Oh wait, you're gonna have a new phone number!" Then she gave me her number instead. She then walked over to me and gave me a long hug and said "You better call me"

So I dunno. Should I call her to hang out? The problem is is that she's so beautiful that all the guys are after her. She's rich as hell and all her friends are rich too. And she's kinda a wild girl so I dunno if I'm "bad" enough for her because it seems to me that she wants bad guys.

What do you guys think? Should I give it a shot? And even if I ask her if she wants to hang out or not, what would be some good ideas to do? (as you can see, Eric has no game)
    Last edited by Mystic Eric; 08-09-2002 at 01:01 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

go for it
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

I thought you gave up on women?
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Let's put it this way. If she IS interested and you don't pursue it, you've lost out big time. If you pursue it and it ends up she isn't interested, at least you haven't sold yourself short. Sack up, man, it's time to handle yourself.

Oh and you are a dumbass if you don't call...what's the worst that could happen? She rejects you? Nothing new there ...might as well go for broke.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Mystic Eric
    Well seriously though. For now, I guess I just wanna get to know her better and be friends with her to hang out and not go on a 'date' because that could be extremely awkward.

What do y'all think? Does she seem like she's interested or is she just being nice? I wanna do somethign where there wouldn't be opportunity for 'awkward silence' 'cause that would suck.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Awkward silence comes from not thinking. What do you want to know about her? What's the wildest thing she's ever done at work? If you really want to know her, and you have just met her, then there's plenty to talk about. Calm your nerves and play the game.

I think you are making THIS way too DIFFICULT lol. Call the girl and ask her out!
    peace-

Craig

decease, RIP
    call her you dumbass, she's interested. Worst case; you'll be back here typing crap like the rest of us.
    big.

Originally posted by BennettBoy
    I think you are making THIS way too DIFFICULT lol. Call the girl and ask her out!
    :withstupi
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Ask her what her favourite position is. If she tells you...well...then she's a keeper.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Mystic Eric
    Originally posted by ElPietro
    Ask her what her favourite position is. If she tells you...well...then she's a keeper.
    Ya, that'd be a GREAT way of losing an awesome girl.

Her last boyfriend was 20 and she's 17
    I'm in way over my head

You're psyching yourself out Eric. Pretend she's ugly or something -- anything to just get yourself thinking straight. Go out with her, have fun, and see what happens. You've got nothing to lose.

Eric you stupid bastard! Call her and ask her out! Stop being a whiny ass homo and just do it! Don't ******* CB yourself by being a tard-ass biatch!
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

We will all send a cheque for $1 to Maki until it adds up to enough for him to purchase a crowbar and beat your little pansy ass with! Be a man, or go back to being a woman!

Current FFFA Enforcer

Re: Does this girl seem like she's interested?

Originally posted by Mystic Eric
    she's kinda a wild girl so I dunno if I'm "bad" enough for her because it seems to me that she wants bad guys.

lol, all gurls want bad guys.......even if they dont admit it
    go break a window!
    -deFenDeRs oF thE unDerRateD

If it doesnt make dollars, then it doesnt make sense

I never knew how skinny I was untill I started gaining a little weight

Yes, you're right, you ARE in way over your head, but not because of her. You are because you're telling yourself that you are. That's defeat right there, and as long as you have that attitude, you'll never get her or ANY halfway desirable girl.

The others are right; you're making this way too complicated. You're making it into some life and death matter. She's just a girl, dude! She eats, sleeps, drinks, farts, and masturbates...all just like you. She's human. She deserves no special treatment. In fact, if you treat her just like another human being, which is how she wants to be treated anyway (and not put on a pedestal), you'll stand out from all the other guys. You know how many guys kiss her ass? Just about all of 'em if she's as beautiful as you say she is.

And please don't give me that crap about not wanting any relationship with her, only wanting to get to know her better, etc. You want to have sex with her, man. Don't try to suppress your sexuality. You're a man; you want women. Act like it! If you just wanna "be her friend," then that's just what you'll be: her friend. You won't ever be anything other than that to her. Let her know in not so many words that you want her now. Be a man about it, dude.

-Justin

Banned
    If she has lots of guys pursuing her all the time, AND lots of hot, rich friends, what _I_ would do would be to definitely call her, hang out and just be her friend.

The upside is that you then get to meet all her hot rich friends, and you can pursue them. Plus if she's used to being pursued, maybe you not pursuing her will drive her crazy with desire until she rips her clothes off and jumps astride you wearing nothing but a cowgirl hat and a maniacal grin.

Or something like that.

Mystic Eric
    Originally posted by K-Daddy
    Yes, you're right, you ARE in way over your head, but not because of her. You are because you're telling yourself that you are. That's defeat right there, and as long as you have that attitude, you'll never get her or ANY halfway desirable girl.

The others are right; you're making this way too complicated. You're making it into some life and death matter. She's just a girl, dude! She eats, sleeps, drinks, farts, and masturbates...all just like you. She's human. She deserves no special treatment. In fact, if you treat her just like another human being, which is how she wants to be treated anyway (and not put on a pedestal), you'll stand out from all the other guys. You know how many guys kiss her ass? Just about all of 'em if she's as beautiful as you say she is.

And please don't give me that crap about not wanting any relationship with her, only wanting to get to know her better, etc. You want to have sex with her, man. Don't try to suppress your sexuality. You're a man; you want women. Act like it! If you just wanna "be her friend," then that's just what you'll be: her friend. You won't ever be anything other than that to her. Let her know in not so many words that you want her now. Be a man about it, dude.

-Justin
    Dammit, you guys are all so wise

Well dude, of course I want her. But gotta take each step slowly.

Why take it slowly?

Eric, you'd probably give someone else the same advice I gave you if you weren't in the position that you are. You'd be able to do that because your emotions, fears, etc. wouldn't be in the way. Don't let those things stop you from getting what you want. Just look at it from an outside perspective and do what you'd tell someone else to do. That's usually the best advice you can get.

Look at it this way: What is the worst possible outcome? It would be that you didn't get her, right? Well, where are you now? You don't have her. If you don't go for this, you're already putting yourself in the worst possible situation without even giving it a shot. You're putting yourself (or letting yourself remain) in the one place you DON'T want to be. If you go for her, and she wants you too, then you get her. That would rock. If she doesn't want you, then you don't have to wonder anymore, and you haven't lost anything. In a nutshell: it's only logical to go for her.

-Justin

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Eric, what did I tell you two weeks ago...seems I was right, huh? Just chill out and be yourself...it really won't kill you.
    Last edited by IceRgrrl; 08-09-2002 at 02:52 PM.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I've seen so many women with ugly guys. So you DO have a chance. Call her.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Banned
    I agree with K-Daddy's advice for the most part. He's right about the stuff that speaks to being confident and not making it a big deal, etc. This applies to any kind of personal interaction that you're nervous about, whether it's a girl, or a job interview, or meeting your boyhood idol or WHATEVER.

But it doesn't have to be about "going for her" and "getting her". In my opinion, this is a sadly limited view of how to have relationships with women (and in fact, with any other human beings). My previous post was being (I hope obviously) a bit facetious. But the kernel of truth was there. I'd call her up, hang with her and see where it goes. If you start attaching expectations and overtones and stuff, you'll drive yourself crazy and possibly alienate her as well.

Just be a human being interacting with another human being. Go from there. YOu'll do just fine.

Cal

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Originally posted by big
    call her you dumbass, she's interested. Worst case; you'll be back here typing crap like the rest of us.
    Exactly!!!!
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |