Thread: Whats wrong with having SKIM MILK Post-Workout

Girlz Luv 2 Ride With Me

Whats wrong with having SKIM MILK Post-Workout

i dont understand....and im trying to make up my friggin mind

half of the forum swears by it, and the other half tuttut
    Current Stats
    Weight: 146 lbs | Bodyfat: 13%
    Bicep Unflexed: 11.8" | Waist: 31" | Neck: 15" | Thigh: 21" | Calf: 13.4" | Chest (Underarm) 37"

Goals
    Weight: 178 lbs | Bodyfat: 8%
    Bicep Unflexed: 15.5" | Neck: 16.0" | Thigh: 25" | Calf: 16" | Chest (Underarm) 44"

its protein, which is primarily casein = slow digesting

its carbs, which is primarily lactose = slow digesting
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    day…only then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

Raise The Fist
    after working out, you need to feed your muscles as fast as possible with protein in order to help them recover and grow.

milk is digested slowly, so your muscles wont get the required nutrients at the right time. take whey protein post-workout, as it gets digested very easily.

milk is great for any time of the day except post-workout so you can still have it at other times, which is beneficial, as you need a slow digesting protein source throughout the day to keep your nitrogen levels constantly high
    "If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine." - Che
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man" - Che
    "Democracy today is the same as in the days of ancient Greece, freedom for the slave owners."
    - Lenin

3:16
    nothing worng with it.

read up a old thread on why you do not need to eat loads post trianing.

Its bascially about. you eat before trianing so you body is not a depleted of nutrients when you finish.

i drink like a pint of skimmed milk before going to the gym.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Originally posted by body
    nothing worng with it.

read up a old thread on why you do not need to eat loads post trianing.

Its bascially about. you eat before trianing so you body is not a depleted of nutrients when you finish.

i drink like a pint of skimmed milk before going to the gym.
    he didn't ask if milk was fine pre-workout.

he asked if it was fine for post-workout.
    pre-workout is a whole different story.

Originally posted by Avatar

he didn't ask if milk was fine pre-workout.

he asked if it was fine for post-workout.
    pre-workout is a whole different story.

read the old thread about post work out nutrition.

we discussed having various things like milk pre-training low Gi. so you do not need a high GI product after training, this make products that are higher in fat okay. eg full fat milk.

you need high GI more. if you have not eaten for a while before trianing.
    thats why i have milk pre-triaing as it take longer to digest. so my body does not need a quick influx of protien after triaining.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

So then, skim milk would be a good thing to drink before bedtime...?

milk is good any time

I agree with body on the milk subject. Although I'm not a big fan of milk I think if used alone it can be beneficial.

When milk is used to wash down a meal it is no longer the perfect food and can be more of a hindrance than help...

read the old thread about post work out nutrition.

we discussed having various things like milk pre-training low Gi. so you do not need a high GI product after training, this make products that are higher in fat okay. eg full fat milk.

you need high GI more. if you have not eaten for a while before trianing.
    thats why i have milk pre-triaing as it take longer to digest. so my body does not need a quick influx of protien after triaining.
    for you to say that is optimal is for me to say those are just theories.

plus for got to metion that in a good trianing programme, your you not use that much glycogen etc anyway.

for you to say that is optimal is for me to say those are just theories.
    find me a HIgh GI study post trianing that is better than what I and some well respected memeber talked about a ages ago.

remember if you have spent 3 hours in the gym, over training. glycogen levels are going to drop far more. than a routine recommened by most memeber here.

But if i was selling cell-tech i would use a subject who has trianed for the last 3 hours. and fasted for a while before. this is when high GI will be far better.

find me a HIgh GI study post trianing that is better than what I and some well respected memeber talked about a ages ago.

remember if you have spent 3 hours in the gym, over training. glycogen levels are going to drop far more. than a routine recommened by most memeber here.

But if i was selling cell-tech i would use a subject who has trianed for the last 3 hours. and fasted for a while before. this is when high GI will be far better.
    Where are your studies proclaiming milk to be optimal?

Where are your studies proclaiming milk to be optimal?
    I never said soley milk was optimal. there are many foods that are suitable. It was one of the food discussed. There will be some foods that are better. but many foods that would be a worse choice.

I just said its a good food. I personally like milk as its has good amount of protein in, plus water and vits and mineral.

also its cheap and convient. as i do not mind drinking warm milk that has been in my car all day. these factors are not nutritional advtanges, but why i use milk and not other foods.

Milk is a great supplement to a diet, you should rely on animal proteins primarily but there is nothing wrong with milk either cutting/bulking. Unless your lactose intolerant but thats a different story.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Girlz Luv 2 Ride With Me
    Originally posted by LAM
    I agree with body on the milk subject. Although I'm not a big fan of milk I think if used alone it can be beneficial.

When milk is used to wash down a meal it is no longer the perfect food and can be more of a hindrance than help...
    cool, but what kinda meals would be a hinderance to help "wash" it down
    Current Stats
    Weight: 146 lbs | Bodyfat: 13%
    Bicep Unflexed: 11.8" | Waist: 31" | Neck: 15" | Thigh: 21" | Calf: 13.4" | Chest (Underarm) 37"

Goals
    Weight: 178 lbs | Bodyfat: 8%
    Bicep Unflexed: 15.5" | Neck: 16.0" | Thigh: 25" | Calf: 16" | Chest (Underarm) 44"

some people may have toruble eating like grapefruit wiht milk.

due to they do not mix. I can drink a pint of milk and eat two oranges with no triuble but that me.

i say drink milk before a workout or at night