The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Please Help - I Need a Healthy Diet and Nutrition Plan

Hi, I am sixteen years old, 6' tall, and I weigh 180 lbs. I try to stay active but I usually only have an hour or two of exercise each day, from my workouts. I have been very enthusiastic about exercise and nutrition for the past three years, after I lost 60 lbs and decided that I would never be fat again.

I am having a problem finding a good diet. I want to lose weight (I am still a good 20 lbs overweight) as fast as I can (while doing it healthily without dangerous drugs or supplements) while I continue to build muscle.

Lately, I have found myself with less energy. If any of you could provide me with some kind of generalized meal plan diets, I'd really appreciate it. I need to have something that I can follow strictly.

By the way, I don't want to do anything unhealthy - I've heard that too few carbs result in lack of energy and too much protein is bad for your health - I'd like to find the healthiest and most effective diet.

Thank you for any help you can provide me (links to resources, plans, general strategies, etc). I appreciate it.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Grasshoppa
    You could probably start cutting on a 2100 calorie diet. Just do a 40 carb/40 protein/20 fat kind of split if you don't want to go low carb.

Base your diet around foods that you like, but make sure you eat clean.

If you want to add in supplements, an ECA stack would help as well.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Yea, that'd be great. Flyersfan's Avatar
    Shao-Lin answered your question, but I have a comment - 180 lbs. is certainly within the "healthy" range for your height. Obviously I have no idea what you look like, but you're probably at the point where your body fat is a better barometer than just the scale.

A huge kudos on losing 60 pounds! Now it's time to start building muscle. If you are lifting every day, you're probably over training. Do some reading over in the Training forum as well as in here... you'll be on your way in no time!
    -Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.-

You shouldn't worry about "losing weight" you probably mean you want to "lose fat"... It is wonderful that you are wanting to learn and get into proper dieting for health and growth... here is some good links to get you going.

www.thinkmuscle.com (articles)
    http://www.wannabebig.com/archive.php?catid=2
    http://www.hussman.org/fitness/
    http://weightrainer.virtualave.net/

all of those have LOADS of good information... its gonna take some time to read, but getting a good understanding of all of this is where you should start. hope this helps...

oh, one more thing... lots of ppl and sites will have somewhat different opinions on diet, etc... just get a broad base of information and choose what's best for you. Just because someone wrote an article about something, doesn't make it automatically true.

Grasshoppa
    Yah, I'd have to agree. I wouldn't focus on losing weight per se, but more on lowering your body fat %. All about what is comfortable for you.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Starting all over again :(
    whats the difference between lowering bodyfat % and losing weight?

bone crusher
    well, losing weight could be anything.
    loss of water, digested food, fat, precious muscle, even bone

Dropping BF% means one of two things, increase in lean body mass (tissues like muscle) or decrease in the amount of stored fat

thus in principle you can achieve a great looking physique without dropping a pound