The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Upside down rows

Been thinking of dumping my Yates rows for dumbell incline rows on a bench. Save my lower back for squats

But I had an idea - what about doing rows upisde down on say a smith machine bar, pulling yourself up like in a chin but upside down like a row?

Just stack some weights on your chest somehow for progression, or hang a dumbell off your toso with a dipping belt
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 08-12-2002 at 05:06 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

3:16
    it will work.
    but may be complicated to do.

if you back and biceps are contracting at sufficient intensity you will progress.

though it make take a long time to master. so you could use your energy doing other exercise.

why not try on armed dumbell row. so you your spare ahnd supports the weight plus. the over all weight is less. so lower back is not worked as hard?
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Well I used to do single arm bench rows, but the thing is, its almost like a static hold single arm pushup for me. My whole body tenses hard to stabilise the move and my chest and legs get tired

Plus gains were average. When I switched to Yates rows my back freaked out, and its looking much bigger now. I think its the angle of the pull.

So I suppose I may try dumbell rows on an incline bench - both sides together or on the T-Bar supported row bench at my gym, which allows you to swing the T-Bar out of the way to use a bar or dumbells. Range of moiton maybe be poorer with a bar though.

But its sure a long way from where the dumbells are...