The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Legend in the Making?

i thought i post this to get some opinions on this guy, he's huge but still only 18!

http://pacwestfootball.theinsiders.com/2/11100.html

crazy stuff!
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

holy ****. He should go into part-time bodybuilding while he's at it. I can only guess the chemicals used to achieve his glory. If the real answer is 'none' he has the best genetics I've seen.

galileo, I can't believe you're questioning whether he's natural, of course he is, come on, all 18 year olds look like that.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

lol, you will look like that

but of course!
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

1) He did 43 reps in the strength test. That's just absolutely unreal. I can't get over that.

2) He's crazy IMO not to go to Stanford, but realize that I know nothing about the various football programs.

43 reps of what? 225?

43 is insane. I met a guy that did 51, but he was 270 pounds.

yeah, it's 225

Strongman
    A few issues back Sports Illustrated did a big story on this kid - he wrote journal entries for them during his first semester at USC (he didn't wait until fall to attend as a freshman). There are some pictures in there where he just looks insane, and either the 43 reps weren't legal or he is just off-the-wall strong. More often than not, guys CLAIM x number of reps on the strength test and don't get anywhere close to it at the NFL combine where all reps have to be legal.

Rumor is he will play at USC this fall so we will see if all his great stats = a good football back. If they don't, he needs to join the IFBB And Stanford has a good program but is in an off year - USC is a perennial top 25 team.
    Four-Time World's Strongest Man

USC top 25??

he needs to go to Texas,Miami Or Oklahoma

Thats where the creme of the crop go
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

4.49 40 meter? 6'1 242 pounds of solid muscle? switching to fullback?
    put him on linebacker, fools!
    "Let's hope the ship has a captain, in other words, since we're not taking part in what's going on."
    -Noam Chomsky
    "It's like putting pearls on swine. You can dress up a pig... but it's still a pig... isn't it? oink oink oink..oink oink"
    -Henry Rollins
    Push the envelope... watch it bend..
    -Tool
    "In the valley of the shadow of death... I fear no one, because i am the baddest mother****er in the valley!"

I believe 43 may be the NFL record as well, so the 43 may not have been legal, although it was at a Nike camp I think.

Capt. Love Handles LabiosDeMierda's Avatar
    what a sick monster, i have the same physical stats...

'cept i have a large bone build and ive only been dieting 2 months and hitting the gym for 1

Originally posted by MarshallPenn
    I believe 43 may be the NFL record as well, so the 43 may not have been legal, although it was at a Nike camp I think.
    I believe it's in the 50's. The guy I met did 51 at the bears training camp, which was the record there. I've heard a story of Ronnie doing it 70 some times, but I'm not sure hot legitimate it is.

Strongman
    In 2000 Leif Larsen of UTEP set the NFL combine record with 45 reps in the strength lift.

As for actually NFL veterans, Magnus remembers hearing about guys doing 50+ but that could just be a bogus team claim.

BCC - Coleman claimed he did the 70 reps!? What does he bench?

I was reading up on this guy in Sports Illustrated in the spring. It was really fascinating how mature this guy is. He is making all the right decisions right now. He went to USC because of the girls man. I'd go to USC if I were him too.

Originally posted by Magnus

BCC - Coleman claimed he did the 70 reps!? What does he bench?
    I recall hearing a story of the arnold classic years back (possibly 98) where a certain powerlifter who I can't seem to think of his name, challenged Ronnie (who was there as a spectator after winning the olympia prior that year.) Supposedly the PLer was a great bencher and repped out 225 for 50 some reps and wowed the crowd. Then as I was told, Ronnie proceeded to rep it out a good high 60 or 70 some times.
    Ronnie does have quite a powerlifting background, and is unbelievably strong. But I highly doubt either of their reps were locked out.

Strongman
    At these years NFL combine, he would have been the fastest and strongest linebacker/running back by far - with the exception of 3 speedy backs - one being T.J. Duckett: 4.42 40 (6-0, 250, 25 reps).

The most reps at the 2002 Combine? 38 by LeCharles Bentley, who is 6-2 299 lbs.

Sorry, just having trouble believing this kid's claims - even the 4.49 40. They seem like typical high school exaggerations (i.e. Florida St. claiming they had guys running 4.2 40s that they signed this year).

Strongman
    BCC - Ronnie claims he can bench 500 x 8. He also deflected the question of his max bench at a 99 Olympia press conference saying something like, "bodybuilders are concerned with sculpting their bodies, powerlifters are concerned with how much they lift."

Yeah, you never know though. Ronnie's crazy strong, he deads over 800 for a couple reps.

Brian Urlacher ran a 4.57 time with a broad jump of over 10 feet (10'2") and 27 reps of the 225-pound weight. That was in 2000, Urlacher is one of the strongest and fastest linebackers in the NFL. I don't know if I believe this kids stats, although his phisique is remarkable.

Great phisique indeed, but I guess that's far from how the IFBB pros looked @ 18.
    Stats
    5'10,185-190lbs, 12-16%bf

the kid from oz
    as if he would be natural thats f***en impossible

What is the 225 strength test exactly?
    Stats:
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 210
    BF: plenty
    Chest: 46"
    Arms:18"
    Thighs:29" now down to 28"