The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Bespoke Super Mod
    Ever since i have been training I have very weird symmetry to say the least. My left pec is larger than my right one and my right lat is considerably large than my left, and to say the least itt looks a bit weird, i was told that this level out over time but so far has yet to do so. Is this doue to genetics, because i dont think its to due to anything from my training

Thanks
    Fran
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    It's probably part genetics and part development. Just like your dominant arm is probably bigger and stronger than the other, your other muscles can do the same thing. As long as you're not doing any one arm movements, everything should equal out eventually. It may take a while, but be patient. The worst thing you can do is do one arm movements for only one side to try to correct the problem. That will only make things worse.

[Edited by j_dubs on 01-31-2001 at 03:28 PM]

Bespoke Super Mod
    Nope I dont any one arm movements that involve back

Cheerts for the reply
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

Wannabebig Member
    How long have you been lifting?

Chances are that you will not even out unless you are training improperly currently. Your genetics dictate the size and shape of your muscles. I have been training for 13 years and my left bicep is bigger than my right and the reverse is true for my triceps. Asymetry is completely normal, everyone has it to varying degrees. Arnold even had it, look at a picture of him doing a double bicep pose. His right bicep is larger and better peaked than his left, and I know he trained for a long time.

Hey Fangel I am the same..

My left bicep is bigger than my right and my right tri bigger than the left...

Just the way it is..

The way I see it I am no where near the size to be moaning about symetry.. When I get up to 220 then I may start to think about that stuff...

For the time being I will just concentrate on squatting and deadlifting and let the rest come

Wannabebig Member
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the problem would TOTALLY fix itself. However, your body should even out some if equal stress is being applied to all areas.

Bespoke Super Mod
    Ok thanks,you can see all my info on my jounrnal regarding how long i have been training
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

j_dubs. one arm movements are not bad if you train each side the same. if you do more with one arm than the other than thats definatly bad, but if you do the same amount of reps with both arms it is good because sometimes when you do movements with both arms or legs at the same time the dominant side will lift the bulk of the weight while your weak side isen't working as hard to do the lift.
    LESS IS MORE