Thread: Small changes to WBB #1

Wannabebig Member

Small changes to WBB #1

Maki,

I'm trying to follow the WBB #1 routine as closely as possible.

I've made two changes:

1) Dumbbell flat bench instead of barbell. My left pec is bigger than my right; I'm trying to balance them out.

2) Seated calf machine instead of standing. My calves are pretty strong and it stresses me out to have all of that weight on my shoulders (there's no standing calf machine).

Are either of those changes problematic?

Thanks

Nope.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig Member
    Is it possible to balance your pecs out doing flat dumbbell presses instead of barbell????

How would this work??????

Wannabebig Member
    no big secret really. using dumbbells instead of a barbell prevents you from compensating for your weaker side with your stronger. if one pec is stronger than the other it's easy to "cheat" when using a barbell.

pump your damn weights
    why don't you try to train the weaker points on specific day?
    19 years man
    178cm high
    78kg weight
    sent time training:3 years
    [img]C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/ahmed%20nawwab/Desktop/bodybuilding/bodyBuild_champ.jpg[/img]

Wannabebig Member
    So isn´t more "logical" to work your whole routine with the dumbbell bench presses rather than the barbell presses if there´s a possibility to be more symetrical????

If dumbell presses indeed helps to balance your pecs out, why are barbell bench presses preferred then???
    Last edited by Michael Only; 08-14-2002 at 04:57 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    a good question. that's why i asked if i could make the replacement in the first place.