Thread: calories

calories

i know this is the never ending question everyone wants to know.. but aproximately how many calories do most of you eat when your bulking again just aproximately and how much you weigh.. i basically do bodyweight x 20 and try to eat that as a minimum and not go over too much but if you do that for a 200 lb person thats 4000 calories and thats a damn lot.. just curious thanks

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    people are less likely to track cals when bulking

x 20 sounds excellent @ 4000

If your worried about how you will get those cals
    take in around 100+g's of simple sugars postworkout

1 cup of sunflower seeds is 820cals

you could mix it up with different kinds of nuts on other days
    incredible source of efa's the link gives a breakdown of the fats

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/list_nut.pl
    Last edited by Holto; 08-13-2002 at 07:06 PM.

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

aprox how many calories are you taking in and how much do you weigh?

Just add some cals to your current schedule and track your progress, then add more if necessary.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

I tried to count cals, but I'm too lazy right now. All I know is I more or less get my six meals in a day, and I bulk clean.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

good point i wish i could do that but im trying hard to gain weight.. i dieted wrong and lost too much muscle and weight now i have to get it back..

I did the exact same thing Puttn, I lost like 20lbs, but now I've gained all that back and some more.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

grats... unfortunately i overdid it.. when i was a freshman in highschool i started to get fat.. i did nothing but drink and sit and eat.. i was 202 when i peaked off... i pertty much went anerexic... now i lift every other day and trying to gain all weight back in muscle. right now im only 142 sadly but ive only been lifting a month and half or so

Whenever I want to get a good estimate of how many cals I am taking in I just subtract the calorie total of my post workout shake and then divide the remaining calories evenly over 6 meals. Makes it easier keeping up with calories meal to meal. I am trying to gain weight right now and I am eating approx 3600 cals a day (weight 203lbs.). It is going up slowly but hopefully I will not add too much bodyfat.

thanks for all the replies... im just like a little boy asking a thousand questions but what do most of you think about carbohydrates do they make up a lot of your diet?

They make up quite a bit of mine. Last time I counted my cals, I was eating somewhere in the neighbourhood of 300-400 grams a day.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

What would you guys consider a slow bulk and what would you consider a fast? Slow would be like 5lbs a month, and fast maybe 10+ a month? And if your not worried too much about BF what wouldn't you exceed to stay healthy?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

I think when your hitting 10+ pounds a month (provided your not juicing) I think you'd be hitting a danger zone with fat gain. Imo, I would just stick with like 1lb a week, I think it's the most rational approach.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    I agree with manveet 10/month is too much

try this...

450g carbs
    300g protein
    100g fat

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

I am with Manveet on this one. Anything over about a pound or a pound and a half a week is likely to be fat. I would shoot for 1 pound a week and when you stop gainining weight just add in about another 500 calories to your daily totals.

i agree with all the posts above about the 1-2 lbs of weightgain a week however i do agree that if your just beginning you can see a lot faster gain