Thread: shoulder popping

shoulder popping

Yesterday while doing inclined d.b. bench presses my shoulder started popping. Today my shoulder hurts when I lift my arm over my head.

What happened?
    "What mean expendable, Rambo?", Julia Nickson-Soul as Co Bao, in Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)

"this would be an excellent forum, for him", Shelley Long as Diane Chambers in the TV sitcom "Cheers" (1982-1993)

NHBFAN

stuffed your rotary cuffs most probbaly. Start rehabing em.

and then always strnegthen yoru external rotary cuffs!

How do I rehab my rotator cuff?
    "What mean expendable, Rambo?", Julia Nickson-Soul as Co Bao, in Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)

"this would be an excellent forum, for him", Shelley Long as Diane Chambers in the TV sitcom "Cheers" (1982-1993)

NHBFAN

I did bb and db curls today without a problem. Maybe I didn't hurt my rotator cuff too much.

NHBFAN

The Chicken Mr'ga
    my shoulders make a clicking sound when i do incline bench also..
    what i found was when i was doing my reps slower, they wernt making the noise any more.. this could just be me, but its worth a shot..
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

I wonder what the popping noise is?

NHBFAN

out the back of the gym snorting an oz of creatine
    i have the same prob, the physiotherapist said i have loose joints and i pulled the rotator cuff tendons

i dont know if you have the same prob but what i was told to do was,

pull back my shoulders, and put my shoulder blades together on all excersises to stabalize them, i gotta do incline pushups(arms on a chair, toes on ground)

also i gotta stand on my knees with one hand on the ground and one straight out to strengthen my rottator cuffs, and also i gotta do rotator cuff excersises wich are on another thread.

you gotta stop all shoulder press excersises, and if your getting clicking/popping when lifting and your shoulders are back then dont do that excersise, trust me when it gets worse it gets really f****** anoying

I am having the same problem

Going to drop barbell press movements and start exercising my rotar cuffs.

Do I need to drop all shoulder exercises or just the ones that cause pain and the "popping" noise??

How long does it generally take to subside??

Cheers Guys

DD

picture a box from each shoulder to your waist

its a good idea to drop all shoulder excersises where your hands go outside the box(shoulder press for eg) i think upright db rows would be ok, and also rear delt excersises, im not sure when it subsides, i could imagine it being afew months.

for me as it got worse more and more excersises would cause clicking, before it was only lat raises, now its also shoulder press, and pecdec(when my shoulders arnt pulled back) and front raises.

my shoulders atm are really pissing me off, they click when i do everyday movements such as throwing a shirt or towel or reaching up.
    and im getting slight barely noticable sharp pains in my cuffs.

im not trying to scare you all.
    if you take care, it wont get worse, if you wanna be extra cautious, try avoid all movements wich cause the clicking.
    Last edited by MaFi0s0; 08-20-2002 at 03:57 AM.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Rotator cuff exercises and rear delt. work is what I've been doing for my sloppy shoulder. It's really made a difference. The thing about shoulder rehab work is that you shouldn't be working with a ton of weight...you're dealing with smaller muscles and perfect form is the key.

Good luck!

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

yea 2lbs should be enough, and you dont goto failure, you stop as soon as you feel the lactic acid.