The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Yay or nay?

A. F.

Yay or nay?

Someone at the gym showed me this routine that you do with a partner (he needed someone to do it with, so I accepted..).. its a bicep routine.

Starts off like this.. You do a rep, give the bar (the smaller bars, not the BP ones..) to your partner. After he does a rep he gives it to you and you do two reps.. give it to him, after he does two reps he gives it to you and you do 3 reps..

Goes up to 10 like that, then you go backwards (10, 9, 8, etc.).

You don't stop to rest at all, the only rest you get is while your partner is doing the sets.. I tried the routine and at the end my arms were killing me.. basically did 100 reps total... We used less weight than normal - only 45lb, but my arms were killing me towards the last 5-6 reps..

Anyone else ever heard of this? Recommend it? I'm looking for muscle size/strength (strength being the higher priority). Wanted to get some opinions from the professionals here before I continue that routine..

Thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    That sounds like a great toning excercise, but if your looking for mass then go heavy, but for less reps 12, 8, 6, 4 type rep's.
    I have heard of this buddy bar workout, it'll help increase stamina, strength and the overal quality of Muscle, but as the saying goes, " You wanna be big, eat and lift big "
    Hope this helps, try 21's with your gym bud next time, they will kill you Bi's also.
    Peace i'm out
    K
    " Tomorrows coming, like it or not, so just get on with it "

3:16
    Originally posted by Iron Eater
    That sounds like a great toning excercise,
    Hope this helps, try 21's with your gym bud next time, they will kill you Bi's also.
    Peace i'm out
    K
    how does it tone? please explain the process of this toning effect compared to just doing normal sets. i am very interested.

How do 21's make your arms grow bigger and quicker than normal ROM push downs?
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

if you want to get strong lift heavy.

doing that system I would not believe would be ideal and certainaly not the most effective way for gaining strenght.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    That system comes right off the pages of FLEX. A Lee Priest arm workout, or so I believe. Regardless, doing that many reps in a single workout for a single bodypart puts you at severe risk of overtraining and will not increase size and strength by much, if at all.

Originally posted by ExtremeAnabolic
    That system comes right off the pages of FLEX. A Lee Priest arm workout, or so I believe. Regardless, doing that many reps in a single workout for a single bodypart puts you at severe risk of overtraining and will not increase size and strength by much, if at all.
    i do not think it will lead to over trianing as the sets are not particular intense from a hypertophy and strenght point of view.

it might be intense from a duration point of view. butr doing 60 press ups would be as well. but will not lead to much strenght and size changes.

That is an old routine who's origins are a mystery to me. It certainly predates Lee Priest.