The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

What's The Best Exercise To Get Rid Of A Gut?

I have a protruding gut that i am working hard to get rid of, what is the best exercise to get rid of the gut?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You can not spot reduce fat on your body. You need to clean up your diet and work on losing some bf in order to get rid of the gut. There are plenty of exercises that strengthen the abdominal muscles but in order to see them you must lose the extra fat.

Diet, only way you will lose your gut, no matter how many hours you spend on a treadmill.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Change your diet. I doubt your gut sticks out because of muscle. Cut carbs back a bit (maybe 10%) and do cardio.

Since Feb 1st I have lost 4" from my waist. It could have been done quite a bit quicker if I was more strict with my diet. Basically what everybody else has already said. I cut cals, did cardio and weights. Still have a way to go, but much better than when I started.

Ya gotta dig in.

Jerry

Wannabebig Member
    Best exercise? How bout the fork put down supersetted with the table push-away?
    Seriously, just cut back your portions a little.

PR blaster!
    Diet to cut the fat and lift to maintain muscle.
    "****, if you told teenagers it was trendy to wear a paper bag on their heads with holes for the eyes they'd all be doing it."

Originally posted by MWB
    [B]Best exercise? How bout the fork put down supersetted with the table push-away?B]
    hehe must try this one.
    To get good at most things takes 2-4 years i.e BodyBuilding, Martial Arts, Musical Instrements ect.
    To Master it, takes a life time - Buff Stuff

The answer to every query is, of course, "squats". - drew

BUFF

Re: What's The Best Exercise To Get Rid Of A Gut?

Originally posted by MIGHTY DOG
    I have a protruding gut that i am working hard to get rid of, what is the best exercise to get rid of the gut?
    Sprints.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Amen to all of the above.

Don't eat a carb unless you eat the same amount of protein (grams). Eat 5-6 smaller meals. Don't eat processed sugars and be careful with fruit and juices (sparingly).

Basically, follow the eating plan in Body-for-LIFE (I call it "Bodybuilding for DUMMIES").

Just by doing that and keeping my regular (changing) workouts, I went from 18% to 12% without losing a pound of lean mass last year (hydro testing) and then I managed to put on a couple of lbs of muscle (and a couple lbs of fat) so that now I'm 14%, and I just started leaning again.
    Brett

You gonna do squats?

--(*lllllll*)--
    The voices tell me to crawl it.

Originally posted by jeep4414
    Amen to all of the above.

Don't eat a carb unless you eat the same amount of protein (grams). Eat 5-6 smaller meals. Don't eat processed sugars and be careful with fruit and juices (sparingly).

Basically, follow the eating plan in Body-for-LIFE (I call it "Bodybuilding for DUMMIES").

Just by doing that and keeping my regular (changing) workouts, I went from 18% to 12% without losing a pound of lean mass last year (hydro testing) and then I managed to put on a couple of lbs of muscle (and a couple lbs of fat) so that now I'm 14%, and I just started leaning again.

how long did it take you to drop your BF that much? a year? 6months? i'm at 17% and am trying to get to 10-12%(goal)
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Deadlift 355 (no belt/straps)
    Squat

Cut back on what you eat.

Have to go with the push-a-ways here.

B.

Originally posted by jeep4414

Were your calories sub maintenance when you went from 18% to 12%, and were your calories over-maintenance when you went to 14%?
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    Originally posted by MWB
    Best exercise? How bout the fork put down supersetted with the table push-away?
    Seriously, just cut back your portions a little.
    bahaha. oh, and db kickbacks