The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journal

Sunday September 28 2002 (Back/Hamstrings)

weight=166.30

BB Deadlift (345/4!) Ten more pounds for the same number of reps. That is 40 pounds improvement in four weeks for the same number of reps! My hands got torn up, but my grip was strong.

SL Deadlift (275/8!)

BB Row (135/7.5!) I upped the weight mainly for easier loading/unloading.

Shrugs (230/11!) I probably should have more weight on these, but I'll just keep upping the weight 10 pounds per week until I can't get as many reps.

Pull Up (BW+15/8) I still can't get that 9th rep, but I am slowing these down and making sure I lower my body until my arms are straight.

Leg Curl (125/8.5!)

Extra Credit Trap workout (~50 pounds of groceries/4 stories) I had to shrug my shoulders up to keep the bags from hitting the steps.

Hot Chicks: One looked really good, but after I finished my last set of deads, she was gone. Therefore, I can't really give a report.

Mysteries: You know what happened a couple of lifters after me on the deadlift rack! Also, there was a guy doing 1/4 ROM push ups at a rapid speed. I found it no surprise that he went on to 1/4 ROM dips right after that. He went down to about where his pelvis was even with his hands.

Calories~2950
    5-9 170

Monday September 30 2002 (Chest/Bicep)

weight = 166.20

Yeah, I know this is supposed to be a rest day for me if you have paid attention to my previous journals. However, we have octoberbreak coming up from Saturday to Tuesday. Due to me not being here during those days, I have to finish up this entire week by Friday. My lats are freaking killing me today. Bending down to pick up DBs for bench really was torture on them!

DB Bench (85/7) I dropped 3 reps from 10 extra pounds this week. Normally, I usually drop 2 reps for every 10 pounds I add. My stabalizers were struggling somewhat on this. They trembled a decent amount. However, my stabalizers always seem to have the most trouble whenever I up the weight.

DB Incline Bench (70/8!)

Alternating Hammer Curl (45/9!)

Bicep Curls (80/8) Damn, I dropped 1/2 a rep here!

Dips (BW+75/9!) I got one more rep here, but those lovely stabalizers of mine really got worn out by the last rep on this (my arms were trembling).

45 degree incline situps (25/8!)

Gym Mysteries: I went in expecting to get a page full of these due to going in the afternoon as opposed to the morning. It sort of shocked me to not see much. All I really saw was some guy doing 100 pound 1/4 ROM smith machine squats.

Hot Chicks: This one was tan, dark hair in a ponytail, awesome face, a little bit skinny but not anorexic looking. She was wearing short shorts along with some sorrority shirt for intramurals or something.

Miscalaneous: Okay, this one guy came awfully close to bumping his leg against one of my 85 pound DBs while I was doing bench. If he would have as much as touched them, I would probably have changed from my normal "passive" self to a very "aggressive" person. If someone were to bump against a DB, I probably could easily get a major injury.

Calories~2850
    5-9 170

October 1 2002 (Leg Day)

This is my 4th straight day lifting and my 3rd straight day doing one of the big three. Luckily, my lifts didn't seem to suffer despite having some soreness. I'll take tomorrow off and then get shoulders/triceps on Thursday, back/hamstrings on Friday, and then be on break until next Wednesday.

weight = 165.10

Squats (265/8!) I might up this to 275 next week. Mainly because it will be easier to load and unload. The curl jockeys always seem to steal the 2.5s, 5s, and 10s. Then, I'm stuck scavengering the gym for those weights!

Sitting Calf Raise (260/10!) Ouch! This is starting to hurt my quads. It doesn't have near enough padding on it for such a weight. It kind of cuts off the circulation.

Hack Squat Machine(160/9)

Leg Extensions (138/11!) I once again was pausing these at the top of the extension. I really feel it in the quads when I pause at the top. I don't know if that helps or not.

Gym Mysteries: You know what a guy went on to do right after I finished squats.

Hot Chicks: This one I saw today was what I would call "my kind of girl" She had extremely low bodyfat, yet didn't look anorexic. The hair was black with a ponytail. She must have been on the soccer team b/c she was wearing a soccer shirt.

Calories~3150
    Last edited by ryan1117; 10-02-2002 at 10:07 AM.
    5-9 170

Wednesday October 2 2002 (Rest Day)

This is kind of strange. I still have soreness from chest day on Monday. Usually I get 1/2 a day soreness tops from chest day. My legs aren't quite as sore as they usually are. All I have is a slight stiffness in my quads and hamstrings. I don't feel anything in my glutes.

The reason I always keep viewing soreness as a positive as opposed to a negative is because I always seem to see the best improvement after having soreness. I don't have any "scientific facts", it just always seems like I improve better.

Calories~2950
    5-9 170

Thursday October 3 2002 (Shoulders/Triceps)

Weight=166.80

DB Press (60/9!)

Lying Tricep Extensions (70/9)

DB Laterals (25/12!) I'll probably up this to the 30s next week.

Smith Machine Shoulder Press (110/9) This smith must not be counterweighted or anything. I highly doubt that I would lift 10 pounds more with DBs than I would on a smith machine. Therefore, this bar must weigh something.

Tricep Pushdowns (120/11)

Ab Crunch Machine (170/8!) I think 180 is the highest this thing will go. I'll have to pause them for multiple seconds I guess once I can do about 10 or so at 180.

Hot Chicks: One looked pretty good, but I forgot almost everything about how she looked other than pretty good.

Gym Mysteries: Some guy was doing 60lb tricep pushdowns with straps. Some other guy was doing a 235lb bench press with a 1/2 ROM. You know what happened on the deadlift rack

Calories~2950
    5-9 170

Friday October 4 2002 (Back/Hamstrings)

weight = 166.75

BB Deadlift (355/Lost grip after 1st rep) I noticed a different bar with a less rugged grip on it. I probably should have switched bars and used the one I have been using. But, I figured that it probably wouldn't make too much of a difference. Boy was I wrong! Since I did 345/4 last week with a very solid grip, I highly doubt it was me rather than the bar's grip.

SL Deadlift (275/Lost grip after 4th rep) Of course I didn't want to lose my grip on this but was kind of happy I did. That way, it proved it was the bar and not me. I had 275/8 last week on this with a decent grip throughout. So, I feel it is pretty safe to say I wouldn't have lost 4 reps on an exercise in one week!

Machine Shrugs (250/11!) I upped the weight by 20 pounds with the same number of reps. I figured I need to start upping the weight by more than 5 pounds per week!

BB Row (135/7.5)

Leg Curl (125/8.5) This goes to prove my problems on SL deadlifts and deadlifts were more likely the bar's bad grip than myself. If the 4 rep loss on SLDL would have been due to me, I probably would have went down in leg curls (which I didn't).

Pull Up (BW+15/9!) Woo hoo! I went down a rep two weeks ago, got it back last week, and added another this week. I also am using better form than I was at first by making sure I lower myself so my elbows are straight at the bottom.

Gym Mysteries: Some guy was doing 1/3 ROM dips. I had to wait awhile for the pullup/dip machine for some guy doing BW minus 58 lb dips (he wasn't fat either). I saw a really ugly pair of hammer curls that pretty much were momentum based.

Hot Chicks: It has been too long from this workout to remember.

Calories~Can't remember, but somewhere around the usual 3000.
    5-9 170

Tuesday October 8 2002 (Chest Bicep)

Weight=166.40

DB Bench (85/8!) I got one more rep with slightly better form.

DB Incline Bench (70/9!)

Hammer Curl (45/9)

Bicep Curl (80/8) I went down 1/2 a rep last week and still couldn't get it back this week. I'm letting the curl jockeys down! Maybe I should get my back involved in the motion. (kidding of course)

Dips (BW+75/9) I had a little bit better form on this for this week. My arms didn't tremble as much.

Incline Situps (25/9)

Gym Mysteries: I waited over 20 minutes for a trio of people doing DB bench. I ended up getting on a different bench. I finished off my flat bench and incline bench and they were STILL DOING BENCH! They had to spend at least 45 minutes on bench. Plus, a couple guys were using the 40s for it. While I was waiting, some guy was doing a 1/2 ROM shoulder press. He brought the DBs down to the level of the top of his head.

Hot Chicks: One was kind of short with long black hair in a ponytail. Another was tall with light brown hair and a well proportioned body. Both were doing real exercises too.

Calories~Not sure, didn't keep track since I got back from Octoberbreak today.
    5-9 170

Wednesday October 9 2002 (Rest Day)

My delts and pecs are super sore today. I'm kind of surprised that I'm starting to feel bench as much as squats and deadlifts the next day! What is even more surprising is that I wasn't feeling anything from bench until the last two weeks. Anyways, here is a theory of mine on why that could be.

Weeks 1-6 (no soreness)-I'm thinking the reason I wasn't sore here despite great improvement was due to my stabalizers catching up to my strength. Early on, the weight felt extremely light, except I would have a tough time balancing the DBs. Therefore, I'm thinking that my pecs and delts weren't being pushed due to my stabalizers being the weak link.

Weeks 7-8 (lotsa soreness) I'm thinking my stabalizers are caught up and now my pecs and delts are actually working to their ability. The weight actually feels heavy now.

Other than that, I felt real fatigued today, and hopefully will feel better for leg day tomorrow.

Calories~2900
    5-9 170

Thursday October 10 2002 (Leg Day)

weight = 166.30

Squats (265/9!) I got an extra rep without much trouble. I could have went for a 10th but wasn't positive I'd get it.

Seated Calf Raise (270/10!) The padding on this isn't made to handle 270 pounds! It kills right above my knees.

Hack Squat Machine (160/10!) I hate hack squats!

Leg Extensions (150/8) I upped this to 150 this week.

Gym Mysteries: Wow, there weren't any today!

Hot Chicks: One had the hair in a ponytail and some nice spandex leggings. She really impressed me by doing SL Deadlifts. The only problem was that she defeated the purpose of it by just doing the bar! tuttut

Calories~3100
    5-9 170

Friday October 11 2002 (Shoulders/Triceps)

weight = 169.20 (it was taken at night which means more hydration, etc)

DB Shoulder Press (60/9.5!)

Lying Tricep Extensions (70/9)

DB Laterals (30/5) Damn it! Back down to the 25's next week. Going from the 25's to the 30's is way too big of a jump! I'll probably stick with the 25s until I get around 17 or 18 reps.

Smith Machine Shoulder Press (110/10!) For those of you that say the bar weighs nothing, pay attention to my DB press weight (it is more)

Tricep Pushdowns (120/12!)

Ab Crunch Machine (170/9!)

Gym Mysteries: You people will love this one. One curl jockey was doing bicep curls with form that wasn't great but also wasn't horrible. As he finishes, a "more experienced" curl jockey comes up to him and gives him advice. This curl jockey said to him, "lean back as you curl up" That's so pathetic it's funny!

Hot Chicks: One had some blonde hair with some short shorts. She looked firm but not anorexic so that's good.

VH1 Rock Body Show: I'm so f'ing sick of these TV programs trying to make it sound harder than it is to get a good body. They make it sound like you need to go to all these drastic measures.

Calories~3000
    5-9 170

Sunday October 13 2002 (Back/Hamstrings)

weight=168.00 (It is kind of high, but it is the least important number for my workouts since it is the easiest to change)

BB Deadlift (355/4!) This proves my point even more that it was the bar last week and not my grip. My grip was solid with the "good bar".

SL Deadlift (275/9!)

BB Row (135/8!)

Machine Shrugs (260/11!) I probably should just up the weight to 300 or so next week. I started out way too low on this.

Leg Curl (125/9!)

Pull Ups (BW+15/9) The extra couple of pounds on my body probably kept me from improving here.

Gym Mysteries: Why do people put the safety bars at ankle level in the power rack while doing squats without a spotter? They are probably the people who give squats a bad name.

Hot Chicks: It's about time a good looking one went out of her way to hold a door open. Courtesy and attractiveness are usually inversely related on campus.

Calories~2750
    5-9 170

Tuesday October 15 2002 (Chest/Bicep)

weight = 167.75

DB Bench (85/8)

DB Incline Bench (70/9)

Alt. Hammer Curl (45/10!)

Bicep Curls (80/9!)

Incline Situps (25/7)*feet slipped on the 7th rep; therefore not to failure

Dips (BW+85/6.5!)

Hot Chicks: That one that was on there last Thursday was doing "just the bar" SL Deadlifts again. After that, she let me down by going over to the abductor machine.tuttut

Gym Mysteries: None

Special Note: It's been two weeks since I've spoted anyone doing you know what on the power rack or deadlift platform!

Calories~2720
    5-9 170

Energizer Bunnie
    Originally posted by ryan1117
    Hot Chicks
    Hey Ryan,

I can't believe that whilst I was at the beach I was thinking about your "hot chicks" report and as various females strolled by I was wondering what you would be rating them out of 10. .

Bizarre I know...... cuz I care .
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

I can't believe that whilst I was at the beach I was thinking about your "hot chicks" report and as various females strolled by I was wondering what you would be rating them out of 10. .
    Wow! My journal is making a difference in the world!

I've got to admit though that it is frustrating seeing many of the ones I mentioned not even working hard or using any kind of effective routine. I sure wish I could get a modelesque body solely by watching my diet! That is also why I note when I see someone that is doing a serious looking workout. It makes me feel better that they earned their body by training hard!
    5-9 170

Thursday October 17 2002 (Leg Day)

Weight = 167.40

Squats (275/8!)

Seated Calf Raise (275/9)

Hack Squats (165/9)

Leg Extensions (150/9!)

Hot Chicks: Wow, there were three today! Number 1 had a tye dye shirt, short green shorts and some nice legs that looked like ones you would find on a soccer player. Number 2 had blonde hair, a pony tail, and a nice proportioned body. Number 3 was pretty much exactly like number 2. As a matter of fact I thought she was her until I saw both of them on different machines!

Gym Mysteries: I knew I'd jinx things with what I mentioned last night. I walk over to the power rack and see a bar with 65 pounds on it. Of course, they never re-rack their weights. I also had to switch bars b/c this one literally had no grip on it. It was perfectly smooth across the bar. There also was some guy thinking he was impressing people by rolling up his sleeves and doing 55 pound bicep curls!

Calories~2800
    5-9 170

2 Month Update

Here are my updates for my improvement in the last month and also the total improvement in the 2 months on my routine based on estimated maxes from that useful repcalc program. I expected to see great improvement in deadlift, and it isn't letting me down. As a matter of fact, it may be my best exercise now.

Deadlift (31 in month 2)/(57 total)
    Squats (19 in month 2)/(38 total)
    DB Shoulder Press (15 in month 2)/(36 total)
    DB Bench (10 in month 2)/(36 total)
    DB Incline Bench (6 in month 2)/(25 total)
    BB Row (3 in month 2)/(39 total)

Favorite Exercise..............Deadlifts!!!! I probably made a bunch of friends and enemies at the same time!

Least Favorite Exercise.......Hack Squats

Weakest Exercise........Tricep Extensions

Strongest Exercise....A case could be made for bench, dips, or deadlifts
    5-9 170

Friday October 18 2002 (Shoulders/Triceps)

DB Press (60/9) Damn, I lost a half a rep!

Lying Tricep Extensions (70/10!)

DB Laterals (25/12.5!)

BB Shoulder Press (115/9!) I switched over from the smith to barbell. I think my body has a lot of adjusting to do (I'm doing more with the DBs)

Tricep Pushdowns (120/12.5!)

Ab Crunch Machine (170/10!)

After the workout was done, I did mainly out of curiosity:

Barbell Bench (205/7) I'm very pleased with the weight I did for a few reasons. First off, it is at the end of a workout which usually means weaker lifts for me and I also haven't done barbell bench in a long time. My form was great and I didn't arch the back (which I used to do a lot on barbell) I'm thinking in about 3 or 4 weeks, I'll start working in barbell bench just to get the technique down. Then, before I christmas break, I'll do some maxing.

Hot Chicks: Not many are there at 11pm. One looked okay but left before I could really get anything.

Gym Mysteries: A guy was using a weight belt for hammer curls.

Calories~2750
    5-9 170

Energizer Bunnie
    Congrats on your improvements. Just think how great its going to be when you reach some major goals and can reflect on your progress eh??

btw - nice pic in the wbb faces....although can't believe you read that ENTIRE thread....lol
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Sunday October 20 (Back/Hamstrings)

weight=168.40 (hmmm...)

Deadlift (370/2)(Lost Grip) This is gonna bug me for awhile. I pulled up the first two reps without much trouble strengthwise. But, my grip started to give out as I attemped my 3rd rep. Unlike last time when I lost my grip, I was using the bar with the good grip.

SL Deadlift (275/9) My grip was kind of iffy on this too.

Machine Shrugs (270/11!) Guess what was giving hints of possibly having trouble with higher weights in the future....my grip

BB Row (135/9!) This was good improvement for today. I have surpassed my month 2 improvement for month 3 on this already on the first workout for month 3! I'd say my form was better also. It has kind of been a little iffy on this in the past.

Leg Curls (125/9)

Pull Ups (BW+15/8) I lost a rep but my BW was a few pounds heavier than usual.

Hot Chicks: I was too mad about my sorry grip on deadlifts to really pay attention.

Gym Mysteries: A guy about my size was doing 75 pound shrugs.

Positive Stuff: I left my sweatshirt there on Friday night right as they closed. I figured it would be gone. However, just my luck, they actually have a lost and found. Sure enough, they had it there. It kind of surprised me they would have that since we have two broken flat benches that haven't been fixed in over a month.

Calories~2700

Fran, thanks for the compliments. I felt month 2 would be very pivotal for me on this routine since most improvements in month 1 were more so "new exercise" improvements. I feel fairly confident that the month 2 stuff is more so because of "increased strength". Also, I didn't read that entire thread at once. It was more so over the course of a month.
    5-9 170

Chalk?
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Originally posted by Belial
    Chalk?
    I didn't have any on Sunday, but I ordered some.
    5-9 170

Tuesday October 22 (Chest/Biceps)

I got 10 hours of sleep last night and walked into the gym feeling like I was going to have one great workout. Well, my instincts suck! I had by far my worst workout since I started this journal.

Weight = 166.55

DB Bench (85/8) I started off the day bad here. I had horrible form on the 8th rep. I was better on this two weeks ago!

DB Incline Bench (70/8) Lost a rep

Alternating Hammer Curl (50/6)

Bicep Curls (80/9)

Incline Situps (25/8) Lost another rep

Dips (BW+85/7!) At least I didn't get shut out!

Hot Chicks: I noticed the quality is the best in the middle of the day. They don't seem to come around at opening time or before closing time. Girl number 1 sort of found a loophole in the no sportsbra rule. It pretty much was the same material as a sportsbra, only it covered the midsection. There was dark long hair and she kinda looked like Natalie Portman. One slight flaw was that she was kind of on the skinny side and needs to hit the weights! Number 2 had long kind of wavy blonde hair in a pony tail. Her body looked decent, but she had a major clothing flaw. She was wearing shorts that went past her knees Those shorts are for guys! Chicks are supposed to wear shorts that don't go past finger level when standing straight . The exceptions here are 250 pounders with cottage cheese legs. The proper dress code there is to wear sweats. Number 3 looked pretty much like number two, but was following the proper dress code for her body! She also had straighter hair.

Gym Mysteries: Yet another guy was doing squats with the safety pins out of the power rack. Another guy was doing reverse grip cleans in the background while I was doing my bicep curls. He then proceeds to start flexing his flabby upper arms in the background of the mirror while I'm using it to monitor my form. This guy was just doing 50 pounds on bicep curls with shitty form, weighed maybe 210, and had absolutely no definition in his upper arms. Yet, he feels the need to make me look at him while doing my curls. Another guy was wearing some shorts that would have went well on "hot chick number two". Too bad they couldn't have traded shorts! I mean, I don't want to see some dude's hairy legs in shorts that go about an inch below his ass. I had this saying about guys in short shorts a few years back. I said that they are either clueless or gay. This guy didn't look clueless.

Miscellaneous: Some guy had really good strength today. He was kind of tall but not huge. Yet, he does 10 good reps of 305 on bench without the spotter helping. I bet he weighed maybe 200-210. He may have the best strength for his weight I have seen in my life in person for bench.

Rant Section: Okay, I'm f'ing tired of these workouts where my strength mysteriously goes down! I did not skip any workouts or slack on my diet. It is BS like this that keeps me from making long term progress. I always have this attitude that I'll get it back next week. However, it seems like when I finally do get some improvement, the same **** happens the next week and I'm back to square one! The days go by and before I know it, I've went months without improvement! I'll eventually change the order of my workout, but I don't have a ton of flexibility b/c I still want to keep my compounds first like most people say I should. I could possibly switch dips to the first exercise on chest day and move bench to last. However, I'm not even thinking about doing anything before squats or deadlifts! I'll probably wait until second semester to change my exercises since it will be following xmas break where I probably won't work out.

One last thing, don't worry about me giving up if I don't like my improvements. I guarantee you that won't happen. I had practically no progress 2nd semester for last year. Yet despite that along with overtraining, I still wanted to go to the gym. I guess I'm addicted to lifting!

Calories~2820
    5-9 170

Geez, this whole "hot chix" thing has really got me worried! I really believed that the gym was the one place that i was "allowed" to look feral!! Obviously not.... hand me a pair of those short shorts!!!

BTW- i think it's about time you got "rated" Ryan!!!!
    'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday October 24 (Leg Day)

weight = 167.90

Seated Calf Raise (275/10!) Both power racks were taken so I did the unthinkable by doing something before squats! It sort of bugged me b/c one guy was doing upright rows with like 65 pounds, yet had to hog up a power rack. God forbid he would actually deadlift 65 pounds to the starting position outside a power rack!

Squats (275/9!) I'm on a 9 game winning streak on these! Look out Oakland A's!

Hack Squats (160/11!) I loaded the wrong weight but it still is improvement. I meant to do try for 165/10

Leg Extensions (150/10!) Time to go to 163 next week!

Hot Chicks: I think girl 1 may have made this list sometime this year. I can't remember which lifting session though. Anyways, she had black hair, nice proportions, and dressed for success with some short gray cotton shorts. Girl 2 must be reading my journal! She had already short shorts and decided they weren't short enough, so she wore them higher up around her waist (which made them shorter looking) One drawback though was that she was too tan. I like fair tans during the summer, but not these overboard tans during the late fall! Plus, tanning year round will make you look 60 when you reach 40!

Gym Mysteries: That same guy hogging the power rack was using straps on 155 pound shrugs.

Miss Rezza: I'm probably somewhere between a 1 and a 2 when I'm working out. My face turns many shades of red when I do things like squats and deadlifts. It's not too pretty!
    My face looks like this while lifting (only without my hand waving)

Calories~2725
    5-9 170

Friday October 25 2002 (Shoulders/Triceps)

DB Press (60/10!) I got to 9 good reps on this and thought, I'm not letting this one go another week without improvement. The 10th rep had horrible form, but eventually the DBs got up. So that's improvement and I'll go up to the 65's next week. I'm tired of the banana-shaped 60 pound DBs. (they got dropped and the handle is all bent)

Lying Tricep Extensions (85/8) No, I didn't up this by 15 pounds. I found out that the bar weighs 30 pounds. I was only counting it as 20. So, all my bicep curls and tricep extensions just went up 10 pounds.

DB Laterals (25/13!)

BB Shoulder Press (115/10!)

Tricep Pushdowns (13 plates/10)

Ab Crunches (180/9!) I've reached the end of the road on this machine. 4 45's is the most I can load on it. I guess I'll have to start holding it for a couple seconds at the bottom of the lift to make it harder!

Okay, now for the goofy part of my workout. I was just screwing around here:

Curl Jockey Style Bicep Curls (130/1) I thought the other day, how much could I do if I did bicep curls like reverse grip cleans. I did one rep and was too embarassed to continue making an ass of myself with bad form. People might think I seriously train them that way!

Abductor Machine (The Stack/2) Ouch! My groin! I quit, I'm not hurting that!

Hot Chicks: Wow, one was actually working out at 11pm! She actually was one of the best I have seen all year. She kept things simple. She just had her hair tied back in a ponytail. She had nice tone, but could use a little more muscle. She had a weird training routine. She probably worked on every single machine in the gym (which is about 20). Either way, she is about the best I can expect in a gym that banned sports bras! Nine out of Ten!

Gym Mysteries: They fixed a broken machine! That is what I call a mystery! Now if only they would fix the two broken flat benches (which are always crowded)

Calories~2735
    5-9 170