Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journal

I just found a workout-related article from my school's paper. It is sort of interesting hearing from a neutral observer.
    One interesting point I found was that serious weight trainers are narcissistic according to the journalist. There also were quite a bit of bad over-training stereotypes in there. However, this one took the cake. This journalist sort of sent a message that it is not good to help someone out with pointers in the weight room.

"Caution: Be careful not to start conversation with these people, however, they may trap you into listening to hours of lifting techniques, proper protein diets and endless accounts of their personal dedication and improvement in the art of weight lifting. Keep your eyes down and walk quickly, if they stop you mutter something about needing a protein shake ó stat."

My thoughts are that anyone who has that attitude better not complain if they ever have trouble with diet, training, etc.

Here is the entire article link:
    http://www.purdueexponent.com/interf...id=gilescolumn
    5-9 170

hehe, that was kinder funny!! Don't really know which category i'd fit into.... maybe a mixture of all three
    'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

If you are eating, you might want to stop. I took a pic of my "battle scars" from deadlifts on Sunday. My hands heal throughout the week only for them to look like this after my lifts. Actualy, there were a few times they were worse. I'd say this would be how they would look on a typical day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    5-9 170

Haha, but don't you just love it. On back day my caluses (sp.) hurt so bad after some sets I just have to stretch my hands out so it can ease the pain. It's like they tighten up from gripping the bar on many of the back exercises, especially deadlifts.
    peace-

Craig

Haha ryan thats the truth isnt it man? My friggin' hands look almost the same way. Battle scars is the exact way to put it man, seriously.

did you like that article ryan??? that is my roommates g/f hahaha i give her info on what to write all the time.
    Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

you know what the sad part is about that article.... its true, all of those sorostitutes at our college? thats why i joined a gym out here and not the co-rec. there are no big guys there anyways
    Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

Tuesday November 12 2002 (Chest/Biceps)
    Are you ready for a marathon journal entry?

Weight=166.55

DB Bench (80/12) My left arm kind of toppled over on the 12th rep. Therefore, I had to regroup and do that rep again. I probably would have had 13 if it wasnít for that. One thing I donít like about DB bench is when one side kind of screws up. On barbell, you can usually make up for one side screwing up without restarting.

DB Incline Bench (75/7.5!) Incline always feels strange for me.

Alternating Hammer Curls (50/6) I think Iíll drop back down to the 45s next week. Six reps per arm does not seem to be enough reps for my body to respond. Plus, a 10 pound increment on DBs with that low of a weight is too big of a jump percentage wise.

Bicep Curls (95/8.5!) I got 9, but felt I might have used a little momentum on the final rep. So, Iíll count it as Ĺ a rep. Iíll save the other half for a rainy day! I also checked my form from a mirror on the side. My form looks weird compared to others (which is a good thing). My back doesnít move an inch so that is good.

Dips (BW+100/5.5!) Here we go! My sternum bothered me after this. I sure hope it goes away or dips will have to go away. As usual, I got the unwanted attention of everyone within a 30 foot radius of me when I strapped on 100 pounds to my waist. Hot chick number 4 seemed to be watching me here, but it was probably more of a ďWhat the f*ck are you doing?Ē type of look.

Incline Sit-Ups (**/**) I tried to use a 35, but only got a couple of reps out of it. Plus, it is a bitch trying to hold a 35 behind my head. Then, I was too tired to get an accurate rep range with the 25, so Iím just going to pretend I didnít do sit-ups this week. Hey, itís my journal!

Hot Chicks: Today was a busy day. There were some that I left out due to me getting tired of writing so many down.
    Hot Chick 1: She had dark hair, a nice face, hair was kind of all tied up into something above her head. (I donít know what it was, Iím not a cosmetologist!) But, she violated the dress code by wearing long pants. Either way, it was a good omen for the day seeing one before I even stepped foot into the gym.
    Hot Chick 2: She is Miss Do Just the Bar for Stiff Leg Deadlifts. It is nice to see her do a free weight exercise for the legs, but she looks like she is having a walk in the park while doing them. At least do a weight that makes you turn a little red. She also wasnít wearing her nice spandex leggings she wore last time.
    Hot Chick 3: Iíll call her Miss Orange. She was wearing the short gray shorts and the bright orange shirt again. I didnít really get to see what she was doing for a workout though.
    Hot Chick 4: This one was wearing some ultra-short green shorts. She made them even shorter when she was stretching. Her face kind of let me down though. It was only average looking. She also decided to tie her hair back on some lifts and not tie it back on others. Like 90% of women through my eyes, her hair looked better tied back.
    Hot Chick 5: The chick formerly known as Miss Volleyball Shorts was stretching or something in a separate room. She was probably getting her muscles ready for the grueling challenge from the abductor machine. Her change in dress kind of sucks too, since that leaves no regulars wearing volleyball shorts. I guess I kind of got spoiled during this last summer when the entire volleyball team worked out sometimes when I did. That was a very good sight for me!

Gym Mysteries: Okay, I was doing some incline bench presses, when I catch this girl out of the corner of my eyes doing cleans. I was thinking, ďAll right! Finally someone is doing cleans!Ē Unfortunately, when I got a better look, she was doing bicep curls. Her bicep curls keep diverging further and further from the correct form every week. For god sakes, she is squatting down to the bar and jumping up explosively with her legs to curl the bar. I saw a guy that fit the ďdazed and confusedĒ category from the article I posted a few days ago. He was wearing jeans and a sweater or something to work out it. It is funny how many times I see things I didnít notice after someone points them out. Finally, a guy was doing bicep curls on the deadlift platform with form that would look like Mr. Humpy if he was holding a barbell!

I really rambled on in this journal today. Some stuff below is not really lifting related.

Sightings: I saw Khalid El-Amin today. Okay, no I didnít. It was funny though because I saw this guy in the hall that looked just like him. Then, I pretty much laughed really hard when he was wearing some UConn basketball shorts. Most of you non-basketball fans are probably saying, ďWho the hell is Khalid El-Amin?Ē He was the point guard for the 1999 National Champion UConn Huskies. They beat what looked to be an unbeatable Duke team in the finals.

Haircuts: Donít ever tell someone that is skinny to cut your hair at finger length. Usually this is what I do. However, that is with 300 pounders cutting my hair with hands the size of a bearís paw! The woman that cut my hair was hot and had really skinny hands. So, since the hands were really skinny, my hair looks bad. I look like Lloyd Christmas! (Jim Carey in the greatest movie of all time Dumb and Dumber)

Slim in Six: I was wrong when I said that the infomercial didnít have some bawling lady saying the program has changed her life. Last Sunday, I saw what I missed. This was toward the end of the infomercial. On the other weeks, I was out the door before this part came up.

Hydraulics Exam: I had one tonight. I skipped two out of the three homework assignments for the material on this exam. The funny thing is that I think I did better on the two questions from the homework I skipped. Even if I didnít do well on this exam, at least I have insurance. I beat the class average by 10 percent on the first exam and by 16 percent on the second exam. The bad thing was that I didnít hear a lot of bitching in the hallways about this exam. When a class is curved like this one, you want to hear people bitching about things after the exam. That is music to my ears!

The Indiana Pacers: They are 6-1 without Reggie Miller! Maybe Isiah Thomas will keep his job afterall!

Marshall Fans: Why do the Marshall fans feel they need to run out on the field to celebrate after beating MAC behemoth Miami of Ohio? They looked almost as goofy as those Kentucky fans that ran out on the field this weekend to celebrate a win when they actually lost.

Calories~2850

The Calvinator: I hear you on the "no big guys" part. Until last Thursday, I never saw someone other than myself deadlift more than 225! I did see some guy with a Bodybuilding.com shirt rack deadlifting 450 one time. But, other than that, most people deadlift like 135. The biggest problem I have are all the curl jockeys hogging up the power racks, deadlift platform, and flat benches. I usually go early so stuff is bearable.
    5-9 170

Energizer Bunnie
    Originally posted by ryan1117
    a guy was doing bicep curls on the deadlift platform with form that would look like Mr. Humpy if he was holding a barbell!
    *lol*

Imagine Mr humpy doing lat pulldowns??? thats what I saw today..... A disgrace I tells ya!!!
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

I can't stand those people humping the bar, or the lat machine for that matter. You just want to walk up to them and ask, "Would you rather do more weight, increase your chances for injury and looking utterly and unbelievabley stupid or use less weight and look like you actually know what you're doing?" I just have to turn my head and not watch.

Nice set of dips btw.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Thurdsay November 14 2002 (Leg Day)

Weight=165.55

Squats (235/8!) I'm still slowly working my way up from a lower depth. I can't really explain why, but they felt good. These weren't quite to failure.

Seated Calf Raises (290/10!) They really need more padding on the part that goes just above your knees. It sort of reduces the blood circulation through my legs. Plus, I don't exactly have a ton of cushioning on my legs.

Hack Squats (170/8)

Leg Extensions (163/9)

Number of People Performing Bicep Curls Incorrectly (new section): 6

Hot Chicks: Miss Do Just the Bar for Stiff Leg Deadlifts was there. She was violating the dress code again by wearing long pants that weren't even tight. She also did some bench press with just the bar. That isn't as bad as doing just the bar for Stiff Leg Deadlifts though since pretty much nobody benches more than they Stiff Leg Deadlift. There was a new face thre with blonde long and straight hair. She had a long sleeve white shirt that almost went lower than her shorts did. Miss Volleyball Shorts brought her volleyball shorts back today and routinely went straight to the abductor machine.

Gym Mysteries: Some big guy who had a decent muscle mass and also a decent ammount of fat was doing 135 for bicep curls. The only problem was that he had crappy form. I don't see why he can't drop it down to maybe 120 with good form. That way, he would still be stronger than most and also be using good form. You know what happened in the power rack after I finished my set of squats.

Structural Analysis Exam: Okay, I've known all year that my professor for that class fits the exact description of a professor that would screw you over on an exam. I'm moving along on the exam tonight and get a reverse type of parabola on my moment diagram. Of course he doesn't give us the equation for the centroid on such a thing. Knowing the centroid of the shapes in the moment diagram is one of the numbers you have to use to solve for the deflection of a beam. I can understand expecting us to know the equation for a centroid of a rectange or a triangle. But, expecting us to know the centroid of such an uncommon shape is total bullsh*t! I spent a lot of my exam time deriving the formula for that stupid thing. The good news is that I just checked what the equation is from the back of my book and I derived it correctly. On top of that fiasco, he didn't give us any of the equations for the fixed end moments of different beam configurations. If you don't know the fixed end moments, you can't even start solving the problem using the methods we were required to use. I got around this by programming the formulas into my calculator for fixed end moments. I'm glad I had the gut feeling that he was going to do that to us and thought ahead by programming the equations into the calculator. I also thought of doing it to the reverse parabola shape I mentioned above. But, I didn't program that in because I thought that even our professor for that class wouldn't do something so cheap! I guess I'll program every equation for the final after what happened tonight. Requiring people to memorize things is not going to help in the real world. The good news on all of this is that I heard a lot of groaning during the exam from other people. Like I said before, this is a very good sign for me since the class is curved.

Calories: 2850

HY: I'm thinking why so many people use bad form is because the majority of people use terrible form. I'd bet most of them think you are supposed to lean back since 3/4 of all people do. I even saw a guy telling another guy to lean back once.tuttut
    5-9 170

Energizer Bunnie
    Number of People Performing Bicep Curls Incorrectly (new section): 6
    *lol* gotta luv that....

Here is one to add to your collection of "gym mysteries"....

Today I witnessed a guy building an incline bench out of a flat bench & plastic "step" building blocks in order to bench press using the smith machine... I said to him that It looked terribly unstable & pointed in the direction of the incline benches.....what a muppet .
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

I hear what you were saying about the teacher and test. Almost all of our professors were like this. There were groups of us that got together to program our caculators. For almost every test in every class.

I once saw a trainer (a trainer mind you) doing curls. During this curl session I looked over and thought I was watching him through the mirror. What I was actually witnessing was him and his spotter for curls struggling with the weight. Both were shaking and had the strained look on their face. I couldn't tell which one was curling. It actually kind of looked they were doing some weird tug-of-war with a curl bar. By far one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
    Last edited by WillKuenzel; 11-15-2002 at 01:32 AM.
    What is elite?

Friday November 15 2002 (Shoulders/Triceps)
    I was running low on laundry so I had to bust out my Abercrombie t-shirt. Don't y'all just love me?

DB Shoulder Press (65/8!) Wow, I can't believe how my delts are responding. I had a plateau throughout October and also didn't have the greatest form. Now, I'm improving along with having better form.

Lying Tricep Extensions (85/9!)

DB Laterals (25/14.5!)

BB Seated Military Press (135/8!)

Tricep Pushdowns (13 bars/12!)

Ab Crunch Machine (180/9)

BB Bench (245/1.5) BOOOOOOOOOO, I dropped from 6 reps at 225 all the way to 1.5 reps at 245. Thanks to my triceps, it is always the lockout that gets me. 270 is back to looking unlikely by the end of the year. The only consolation I have is that this was done at the end of a shoulder/tricep workout. So, two important muscles in bench were probably tired.

Number of People Performing Bicep Curls Incorrectly: 1 (It is not as low as you might think. There was only one guy doing them tonight.)

Hot Chicks: I almost didn't see any tonight. However, a blonde haired girl with short baby blue shorts came to the rescue. She had wavy blonde hair in a ponytail. The second I saw her, she went to do an exercise that you probably could guess.

Gym Mysteries: We had a guy using a weight belt for a 145 pound bench press. Also, just when I think I have seen the worst set of bicep curls, someone has to show me a worse set. Some guy was doing 55 pound bicep curls in the power rack with a huge bend in his knees and a deep lean in his back. I honestly don't think I could bend my knees and lean back as far as he did if I wanted to!

Calories: 2900

Fran: I wonder how that guy would be able to keep from sliding off the bench if he did that since there would be no perpendicular seat to the incline. Plus, if he would start sliding down in the middle of a set, that bar would fall right on his throat. It's amazing how people do such dangerous things.

HY: One of my professors jokingly says the reason you want to become a professor is so you can do to students what professors did to you in school. My argument about the formulas is that if you are in the real world and forget a formula, you are going to look it up! I guess I should be glad it isn't like my calc classes where we couldn't use calculators. I couldn't stand trying to memorize things such as complicated trig functions for integrals.
    5-9 170

Energizer Bunnie
    However, a blonde haired girl with short baby blue shorts came to the rescue. She had wavy blonde hair in a ponytail. The second I saw her, she went to do an exercise that you probably could guess.
    Errrrm, the abductor machine perhaps???

btw... I didnt hang around to watch that guy. I told him it was dangerous but he knew best !!!

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Energizer Bunnie
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hope you have a wonderful day Ryan.....and may those "hot chickies" be plentiful

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Hope you have a wonderful day Ryan
    Thanks but, this isn't looking like a great day for me so far. I have to finish off a hydraulics lab write up along with studying for my materials exam tomorrow. At least my hard drive hasn't crashed. It did that on this day 5 years ago.

and may those "hot chickies" be plentiful
    Actually, that happened today. The "hot chicks" section when I post my workout tonight will be the longest one of the year!
    5-9 170

Sunday November 17 2002 (Back/Hamstrings)

Weight=165.95

Deadlift (390/3!) I meant to drop down to doubles instead of triples this week to try to acclimate my grip and strength to be ready to max in a few weeks. I didnít drop to doubles though due to me needing 15 extra pounds to have improvement with 2 reps. However, Iím still in that situation for next week. I will drop to doubles next week. I want to leave two different weeks to max in case I lose my grip or something on one of the weeks. Anyway, my grip was solid on this and it seemed to be easier to lift than the 385 I did last week. I also started to use my glutes a little more at the start of the lift.

SL Deadlift (295/9!) This also felt better than the 5 pounds less I did for the same reps last week.

BB Row (135/9) I lost a rep. I donít know what happened.

Machine Shrugs (320/11!) This is just too easy. I probably should be doing them with a barbell, but I donít feel like loading it up and I doubt I could grip shrugs long enough to give my traps a good workout.

Leg Curl (125/8) I lost a rep here also, but part of it was trying to focus more on form.

Pull Ups (BW+15/5) I switched my grip to an overhand grip. Iím trying to get myself out of a plateau.

Number of People Performing Bicep Curls Incorrectly: 3 (out of 5)

Hot Chicks:
    Hey, it was the busiest day of the year. There were six today.
    1. This one had some short shorts with a white t-shirt. She was doing tricep extensions and tricep pushdowns. She sort of looked over my way when I was doing deadlifts. But, Iím sure it wasnít for reasons I would want since she was wearing a bandana. Women wearing bandanas usually arenít into men around here.

2. This one had a tight gray shirt on, black hair in a ponytail, and had a dress code violation with long black pants that werenít even that tight. This one was doing DB tricep extensions.

3. This one had very short black shorts but was anorexic-looking. She had a tan at this time of year which means she probably isnít that great of a person.

4. This one came in with number 3 and had short baby blue shorts and pretty much looked exactly like number 3, only less anorexic. Her and number 3 did one ab ďtoningĒ exercise and left. Move over 8 minute abs!

5. This one had some short black shorts, was wearing some short soccer shorts that barely went past where her shirt went down to. She had some dark hair in a ponytail. She did a bunch of machine exercises, but I think she avoided the ďevil machineĒ.

6. This one also had some short gray shorts and had light brown hair in pigtails. She had a mediocre face, but made up for it with a decent body.

So, the winner for the day would come down between the soccer shorts girl, the anorexic, and the lesbian. The anorexic one is probably not a nice person, so Iíll call it a tie between the lesbian and the soccer shorts girl. They both get 9ís!

Gym Mysteries: You know what happened in the power rack and the deadlift platform.

The rest of my semester gets easier after tomorrow. I have my final exam before finals. Finals shouldn't be bad since we have "dead week" the week before finals. Dead week is where professors can't assign new stuff since it is there for students to prepare for finals. Of course they always find loopholes in the policy and just assign stuff the Friday before dead week starts.

It was a pretty good sports weekend for me. The Pacers, Colts, Purdue basketball team, and Purdue football team won (about time they won a close one). I would have liked to see Illinois beat Ohio State since OSU has some really annoying fans. I know it is bad for me to root against a Big Ten team, but I still think Iowa has a small chance of making it to the Fiesta Bowl. If enough teams between Ohio State, Miami, Oklahoma, Washington State, Notre Dame, and Georgia lose, they still could make it. Iowa is the best team from the Big Ten and they deserve to represent the Big Ten in the highest bowl. Plus, Iowa has classy fans unlike OSU. I know you are probably thinking, how can all those teams lose. I'll list why.

Miami-has two tough games in Pitt and Virginia Tech
    Oklahoma- Big 12 Championship Game
    Washington State- Washington, UCLA
    Notre Dame- USC
    Georgia - SEC Championship
    Ohio State - MICHIGAN....nuff said!

Finally....who thought enough teams would lose at the end of the year to get Nebraska in the National Championship last year?
    5-9 170

Energizer Bunnie
    3. This one had very short black shorts but was anorexic-looking. She had a tan at this time of year which means she probably isnít that great of a person.
    Interesting theory.....please explain

Ohhh and good luck on your last exam

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Originally posted by Franjipani
    Interesting theory.....please explain
    Begin: Semi-Rant
    Okay, this is just a generalization and Iíll also put the required disclaimer here that it doesnít apply to everyone. I also meant to include the anorexic-looking part with the tan part. I also should have mentioned that many factors I canít really explain gave me that prediction I made. Here is a common scenario I usually see all the time in real life (especially at the college level).

Supply and Demand
    1. A girl has positive traits pushed by the media or is just plain attractive.
    2. Guys will do anything for her, even if she is a bad person.
    3. Due to number 2, she has little incentive to be a good person.

The supply part comes into play b/c most let their bodies go to hell by the time they reach their 20ís. Due to there being less good bodies, there is a higher demand for them. This problem is fueled by guys pretty much kissing an attractive girlís ass. If guys wouldnít give them special treatment, the attractive women would not get away with treating people the way they do. I do my best not to contribute to this problem. There have been many times where I have flat out refused to help an attractive female if I felt she was trying to use her looks to her advantage. This also works the other way around, but more so with a guyís wealth rather than attractiveness.

Some things to think about:
    1. What if everyone had a good body? I bet a lot more emphasis would be put on other non-physical characteristics since there would be a higher "supply".
    2. Iíve heard many times that in some cultures, an obese body was considered attractive. I bet there was a low ďsupplyĒ of obese people in those cultures.

I also should mention that I have a "prove me wrong" attitude to how I feel about attractive women. I do look for things they do that would not fit them into this category.
    End: Semi-Rant
    Ohhh and good luck on your last exam
    Thanks, but I didn't exactly have the greatest luck. The exam was too long to finish in 50 minutes. I had to answer a few calculation problems without reading the question. It could have been worse. One of my lab partners walked in 30 minutes late. He only had 20 minutes to finish that. He must have overslept since it is a morning class. I feel really bad for the guy.
    5-9 170

Monday November 18 2002(Chest/Biceps)

Okay, Thanksgiving comes up for next week. That means I only have Monday and Tuesday for all of next week. Therefore, I need to fit this week and next week in by next Tuesday. I really didn't want to go to the gym today, but I felt I had to. If I would have rested my back, I would have had to work out for something like 6 straight days to fit everything in.

DB Bench (85/9!) It's about time I broke though my plateau on this. I was stuck on 8 forever. Dropping down to the 80s temporarily for the last two weeks seemed to do the trick.

DB Incline Bench (75/8!) This felt good. The 8 were with better form than the 7.5 I had from last week.

Alternating Hammer Curls (45/10)

Bicep Curls (95/8.5) I thought for awhile about counting this at 9, but decided I had a little too much momentum to count that last rep.

Dips (BW+100/6!) I had a little trembling at the end, but not too bad.

Incline Situps (25/10.5!) That 25 starts to hurt against the back of my head by the later reps.

Number of People Performing Bicep Curls Incorrectly: 4 (out of 6)

Hot Chicks:
    Today was another busy day. This was likely due to it being super busy. I went in the afternoon instead of the morning.

1. This one had blonde hair, and a dress code violation. Actually, even though they weren't short shorts, they were really tight spandex pants. So, I guess that is just as good. She did some tricep pushdowns.

2. This one had some dark, curly, and long hair. She also had a dress code violation and just seemed to stretch the entire time. Maybe she was preparing to do cardio or something.

3. This one had a dark sweatshirt and some medium length black shorts. She seemed to talk the entire time. It must have been "jaw day" for her.

4. This one had some short maroon shorts with delta zeta on the behind of the shorts. That way when people look at her ass, they can say they were just reading chapter of her sorority.

5. This one had some yellow windsuit pants and light brown curly hair in a ponytail. She had a pretty good overall type of look.

So, the winner for the day would come down between Miss "jaw day" and Miss Yellow Windsuit Pants. I'd say Miss "jaw day" edges out Miss Yellow Windsuit Pants.

Gym Mysteries: There was a traffic jam by the abductor machine. I also saw two guys doing what HomeYield said earlier in my journal. It looked like they were playing tug-of-war. I honestly don't know which one was doing bicep curls.

5-9 170

Don't feel like you have to get all those workouts in by next week. With Thanksgiving coming up just think of it as a time of strategic deconditioning and serious bulking.

Good job on breaking through the DB press plateau. Sometimes you have to take a couple steps back to get a step ahead.

Hotties galour man. The way our gym is set up, that unless the girls make it into the free weight section, I'm not gonig to see any unless I venture into the machine realm (I do but rarely). I normally stick around the power and squat racks and rarely venture out.
    What is elite?

DB Bench (85/9!)

DB Incline Bench (75/8!)

Dips (BW+100/6!)
    Nice strength ryan! Keep up the hard work man. Good job breaking the plateau on the flat DB presses---impressive.

3 Month Update

(Improvement in past month/Total Improvement since joining WBB)
    Deadlift (26/83)
    Squats (19/57)*
    BB Seated Military (15/15)#
    DB Incline Bench (11/42)
    BB Row (7/49)
    DB Bench (6/42)
    DB Shoulder Press (5/41)

*I lowered the depth on squats a few weeks back. I'm counting my improvement on the squats with less depth plus the improvement I have had since I lowered the depth.
    #This is my first month doing Seated Military Press

Thoughts on this Month
    I'm pleased with the improvement I have had this month. I also was able to break out of plateaus in DB Shoulder Press and DB Bench that kept me from improvement until recently. Deadlift continues to have rapid growth. The 83 pounds is by far and away the most I have improved in any exercise in a year, let alone 3 months!
    5-9 170

Nice strength improvements ryan---I am not sure what kind of progress I have made since I started here @ WBB.