Thread: Breakups / Divorces make you stronger....

Breakups / Divorces make you stronger....

Has anyone else noticed the desire to become a huge, ripped muscle-god or muscle-goddess following the difficult breakup of a long, long relationship? Right now, if it would do any good (which of course it wouldn't), I would spend every non-work, non-sleep hour of my day in the gym just to get there.

A. F.
    Exactly the reason I am here.

Decided to start working out when **** started to go south with my girl.

When I am not single I feel far better than being single and my workouts are better.. cuz my mood is better and I feel healthier and stronger. Now if your gf is a biatch.. it's another issue..

I find it's easier 90 percent of the time when you're single. But that 10 percent of the time when you're thinking about how much being single sucks...well yeah..that can make it tough and can consume more time then it deserves if you let it.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Exactly..
    When you re single, you tend to overestimate what it's like to be in a -long term- relationship.
    Then,while you re in the relationship you realise that you want more freedom etc and you overestimate what 's like to be single..

Life s a bitch...

Funny thread. I'm going through seperation right now and I've had more motivation than I've ever had in my life!
    "You can take the red pill and stay in Wonderland and I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember that all I'm offering is the truth, nothing more."

Originally posted by DcK
    Funny thread.
    Did you intend yo say that I am a funny assface© ?

5 years in the 9th ring of hell are what made me start throwing iron around.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

5 years??!!

incubus

Originally posted by Wizard

I think he just meant to call you an assface
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

yeah 5 years.

well technically 6, but that least year wasn't exactly part of the relationship. we were more like roommates that hated each other.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Ah, I feel better now..

Originally posted by Tryska
    yeah 5 years.

well technically 6, but that least year wasn't exactly part of the relationship. we were more like roommates that hated each other.
    Ok, now you re mine.

I think I do better while in a relationship. I feel better about myself when I'm involved with someone. Breakups just suck ass, no matter what anyone says...I don't think they help me do any better working out. Worse perhaps, at least, when you first breakup, cause you feel like ****.

A. F.
    depends on how your relationship/breakup is.

**** with my girl made me angry and want revenge. Revenge meaning going to gym, looking real good, and getting gorgeous women left and right, having tons of fun, and her wishing it was her.

However if you feel good in your relationship, happy, motivated, then its another story. first year-2 i felt good, but when **** started that's when i got the motivation to go work out.

Originally posted by Wizard

Guess I'm too new here to get it.
    "You can take the red pill and stay in Wonderland and I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember that all I'm offering is the truth, nothing more."

Yeah indeed..
    don't feel bad,you have our support

Breakups are amusing. Had some one told me a year ago that I'd have been with out Ronan, I'd have thought they were nuts. But the strange thing is, given the choice of wether or not I'd break up with him or not, I'd completely take the break up. No word of a lie, my breaking up with him was perhaps the most difficult experienced in my life, but it also has made me feel better than i ever have b4 in my life. If I'd have known just how great I'd feel without him, I'd have gotten to the breaking up a helluva lot sooner
    Last edited by Savannah; 08-21-2002 at 09:43 PM.

If I'd have known just how great I'd feel without him, I'd have gotten to the breaking up a helluva lot sooner
    Sav,

That's pretty harsh. I just found out like a week ago that you two broke up. Was it like a reallly bad breakup?