Got in a fight last night with my friend's aunt, well not a fight, more of a debate. She's in her mid-20's or so and was talking to someone about something and I decided to chime in. She was saying that if you inhale on the concentric part of the lift and exhale on the eccentric that builds muscle. If you exhale on the concentric part of the lift and inhale on the eccentric part, that burns fat. I probably debated with her for 20 minutes. I think this is complete bullshit. I then decided to add in that without a lower calorie diet, it doesn't matter what the f*ck you do...diet is the main key, which it is. She's like, diet doesn't matter in this case, it's the breathing that matters. What the f*ck...Ok, so if I breathe differently I will all of a sudden go from a muscle building regimine to a fat burning one? ...Bah! I was so frustrated by this point...So in summary, she was basically saying that two people with the same diet, no matter how shitty or how healthy, the person who inhales on the concentric part of the lift and exhales on the eccentric will be geared towards gaining muscle, as opposed to the person who exhales on the concentric part of the lift and inhales on the eccentric part they will burn fat....Pfftt...

Thoughts? Is she the stupidest person I've ever met in my life, or am I just being stupid...I don't think I'm wrong though, but maybe I am.