The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Bodybuilding ?s

SOON TO BE A MONSTER

Bodybuilding ?s

I just have some question i would like some info on

1) Should i do 4 sets per exercise
    1st set warmup 15-20 reps light weight
    2nd set 12-15 reps weight increases
    3rd set 8-12 reps heavier weight
    4th ster 6-8 reps maximum reps

2) Should i just do super sets like if i were doing chest and triceps id go straight from bench press to skull crushers

3) How long shouls i rest through sets i read in arnies encycleopedia you should rest 1 min max for your heart beat to stay up and just enough time to repair your muscles

4) I know this doesnt belong here but i dont want to start a new thread Should creatine only be taken on workout days b4 and after workout

5) i know this was answered b4 but why should i wait 30 mins after having my whey shake to drink a dextrose shake wouldnt it be to late

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Re: Bodybuilding ?s

Originally posted by mrunknown
    I just have some question i would like some info on

1) Should i do 4 sets per exercise
    ***Sure
    2) Should i just do super sets like if i were doing chest and triceps id go straight from bench press to skull crushers
    ***If you want to, go ahead and try that.
    3) How long shouls i rest through sets i read in arnies encycleopedia you should rest 1 min max for your heart beat to stay up and just enough time to repair your muscles
    ***I rest at least a minute, usually closer to 2 or 3.
    4) I know this doesnt belong here but i dont want to start a new thread Should creatine only be taken on workout days b4 and after workout
    ***Stop asking about creatine. Do a search. You will probably find at least 4 other times you have asked about creatine. For the record...take it after your workouts. IMO, there is no reason to take it on off days as I believe it takes ~ 2 weeks to leave your system anyway.
    5) i know this was answered b4 but why should i wait 30 mins after having my whey shake to drink a dextrose shake wouldnt it be to late
    ***Who said you should?
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

SOON TO BE A MONSTER
    i 4got who said that it was in one of my previous threads can i just mix my whey, dextrose, and creatine for a post wokrout meal

Originally posted by mrunknown
    i 4got who said that it was in one of my previous threads can i just mix my whey, dextrose, and creatine for a post wokrout meal
    Yes.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Doing 4 sets and pyramiding the poundages is fine.

As far as supersets I find that supersetting opposing muscle groups works the best for me. For example supersetting skullcrushers with barbell curls. When supersetting muscles that assist each other I find that one will fatigue faster than the other causing me to be unable to lift as much weight on the next exercise. Tricpes give out before chest and biceps give out before back. I always try to complete compound movements first but I think you can achieve muscle growth by doing it either way.

I rest approx 1-2 minutes between sets. Usually a little longer for squats and deadlifts. I try to rest just long enough to allow the muscle to recover for the next set.

Take creatine every day, and I would just mix my whey and dextrose together and drink immediately after training.

I would only pyramid up on the first exercise of a bodypart. by pyramiding up to the actual working weights that cause adaptation a lot of energy is wasted. out of the 4 sets only one is truely going to cause muscular adaptation.

SOON TO BE A MONSTER
    is this set good for any size

SOON TO BE A MONSTER
    is this set good for gaining any size
    if not can you give me a different kind