Thread: weird knee pain - any ideas?

Hybrid View

Banned

weird knee pain - any ideas?

I had to cut short my leg workout today because of a weird pain in my right knee.

The pain originates on the medial side of my patella and seems to radiate up and down from the joint slightly. The pain goes away if I maintain greater than 135 degrees of flexion in the knee joint and the pain increases sharply if I approach or exceed 90 degrees, especially when under additional weight (I noticed it when I was doing a warmup set of squats).

I had just finished sets of leg extensions and leg curls with no problem when this thing reared its ugly head. I'll have my favourite chiropractor check it out tomorrow, but in the meantime does anyone have any advice/observations/ideas about what might cause pain like that?

I don't recall any major trauma to the knee in recent memory, though I did prang it a bit playing football at the beach yesterday.

Banned
    found out it was an ACL strain/minor tear.

Damn.

OUCH! At least it wasn't torn completely. I got an MCL tear 4 years ago...and it still bugs me. Hope you heal up quick. Best of luck Cal.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.