The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: biceps

biceps

I have been training now consistently for about 2 months, I had a little bit of a break in there but...anyway I have been working my abs like a madman but the next day i don't feel a thing, they get tight when I am working out but never do they burn or ache or nothing, is this normal or should I do more but let me emphasize more that i am doing biceps like crazy.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

umm just focus on form.. Just cause you dont feel an ache or burn doesnt mean that they aint being worked out..
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'

:withstupi
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

guess it depends on what ab exercises/form you're doing...not all are created equal. are you using resistance training(weights) or just using "gravity"? just cuz ya don't feel that "burn" doesn't necessarily mean your muscles are getting worked hard. that burn feeling(lactic acid) impedes muscle growth.
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Deadlift 355 (no belt/straps)
    Squat

What types of exercises are you doing now?

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    don't worry about 'burn' or feeling them.

I am doing curls (w/curlbar), curls (w/dumbells), close grip bench press(w/barbell)

Blue veined member !

Re: biceps

Originally posted by munkyhead97
    I have been training now consistently for about 2 months, I had a little bit of a break in there but...anyway I have been working my ABS like a madman but the next day i don't feel a thing, they get tight when I am working out but never do they burn or ache or nothing, is this normal or should I do more but let me emphasize more that i am doing BICEPS like crazy.
    Are we talking about abs here or biceps ?
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

Blue veined member !
    You saying you`re working your biceps like crazy tells me you`re using too many sets and/ or training them too frequently, so NO don`t do more.

Tell me your routine,

If I was you I`d pick 2 excercises, do 2 super intense sets of each, trust me 4 intense sets is more than enough for your biceps. Erm, just to clear it up incase you didnt know close grip bench is for the tri`s...you probably already know that it`s just the guy asked what you did for your biceps thats all

Sorry to sound like a broken record to everyone who`s sick of hearing stuff like this.
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

Grasshoppa
    I too am confused with what the actual question is...biceps or abs...
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

forget high rep abdominal exercises... put a weight across your chest and go hard and heavy.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    :withstupi

If you want bigger Bi's quit the sissy **** and do some barbell curls. **** the dumbbell **** and concentrate on the mass builders!!