Thread: GIMME opinions on liftin routine - school

GIMME opinions on liftin routine - school

I'm in the weightlifting class at school now. The routine is split into 6 week phases, right now we're doing anatomical adaption. The next five weeks will be something like this:

Week 1: 3 sets of 15 reps with 40% of max
    Week 2: 3 sets of 12 reps with 50% of max
    Week 3: 4 sets of 15 reps with 40% of max
    Week 4: 3 sets of 12 reps with 60% of max
    Week 5: 4 sets of 15 reps with 60% of max
    Week 6: 4 sets of 15 reps with 70% of max

That's something close to the exact program. For each rep the positive movement is explosive, and the negative is 4 seconds, which is really what makes the sets hard. We do the same workout monday, wednesday, and friday. Tuesday and thursday are stretching and core work. The exercises are:

Bench press
    Incline press
    Lateral pulldown
    Chins
    Leg curls
    Calve raises

I was thinking about upping my cals and adding in 50 minutes of running 3 days a week and 10 40 yard sprints 2 days a week, along with some jumping rope.

What are your opinions and thoughts on this program? What results do you think I'll see?

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Where are your squats and deadlifts?

That's mostly upper body work, and I can't see great results when your compound exercises are all upper body. The human body, will not let your upper body grow a lot (unless you have great genes for upper body) if your legs are not growing. To get best results throw in some squats and deadlifts.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 09-02-2002 at 10:39 PM.