Thread: Need help with strength routine...

Threaded View

PR blaster!

Need help with strength routine...

Here's the deal:

I'd like to concentrate on improvements on the big three lifts: bench, deadlift, and squat. I wouldnt mind doing westside stuff but I think westside doesnt concentrate enough on full ROM movements because they use suits and/or shirts. My lifts are raw and I want to keep them that way (dont plan on using suits/shirts or the like). I've been using a push/pull/legs type of routine and made some gains off of that, but now I'd like something more focused on strength.

About my lifts:

My bench is 160 (yeah blows) and my weakness on the lift is definitely towards the bottom. Directly off chest it goes up and then a couple inches higher just stalls. If I get the bar halfway up, I always lockout.

My deadlift is at 300. Just like my bench, my lockout is strong. The bar moves very slowly off the ground. If I miss a lift its either at the bottom or an inch or two off of the ground.

My best squat was 240, but I wore pants that got tight around my legs and ass on the way down which probably helped me get out of the hole (like a suit I guess). But there was plenty of depth on the way down. Just like my other two lifts, I have trouble getting out of hole.

I need help coming up with a routine that works around these lifts and focuses around my specific weaknesses. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sysopt; 09-01-2002 at 02:27 PM.
    "****, if you told teenagers it was trendy to wear a paper bag on their heads with holes for the eyes they'd all be doing it."