The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KKK and the Darwin effect

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/11/....ap/index.html

JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee (AP) -- A bullet fired in the air during a Ku Klux Klan initiation ceremony came down and struck a participant in the head, critically injuring him, authorities said.

Gregory Allen Freeman, 45, was charged with aggravated assault and reckless endangerment in the Saturday night incident that wounded Jeffery S. Murr, 24.

About 10 people, including two children, had gathered for the ceremony. The man who was being initiated was blindfolded, tied with a noose to a tree and shot with paintball guns as Freeman fired a pistol in the air to provide the sound of real gunfire, Sheriff Fred Phillips said.

A bullet struck Murr on the top of the head and exited at the bottom of his skull, authorities said.

Freeman fled the ceremony but was arrested near his home, authorities said. He was released on $7,500 bail.

-------------

Sometimes things just work out the right way.
    Skydiving is cool
    Skydiving is goovy,
    Jump with me baby
    And show me your boobies

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I don't understand the inition. Shouldn't they be hanging somebody else?

Originally posted by Berserker
    I don't understand the inition. Shouldn't they be hanging somebody else?
    Well, they've been marrying their cousins for so long, I think they're starting to get a little confused.
    Last edited by Teufelhund; 11-25-2003 at 10:12 AM.

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar

Re: KKK and the Darwin effect

Originally posted by Assault
    struck a participant in the head, critically injuring him, authorities said.

-snip-

Sometimes things just work out the right way.
    Sounds like he lived, so not really. Stupid people need to die.

Banned
    Wow I am prejudice against people who are prejudice isn't that hypocritical. Any way f-the KKK

My initial mirth when I read this has turned to disgust.
    There were two children there.......

Originally posted by PizDoff
    Yeah, I noticed that as well.
    Skydiving is cool
    Skydiving is goovy,
    Jump with me baby
    And show me your boobies

Originally posted by PizDoff
    I dont get it, whats the big deal?
    are you implying that for some reason its worse if a child dies versus a grown adult?
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 11-25-2003 at 12:34 PM.

Originally posted by geoffgarcia

I dont get it, whats the big deal?
    are you implying that for some reason its worse if a child dies versus a grown adult?
    No, there were children at the Klan rally, thereby implying that the screwed up morals and values of those backwater retards will more than likely be passed on to them.
    Skydiving is cool
    Skydiving is goovy,
    Jump with me baby
    And show me your boobies

Assault,
    I'm not in favor of the Klan, in fact, being of hispanic decent I'm part of a group that the KKK is against.
    However, technically your comment is as bigotrous (if thats a word) as what the kkk's values are.
    I know that kinda sounds backwards, and you must think I'm a moron for saying it.
    But if your judging the group based on the fact that they have different morals and values than you do then that leaves you no better off than they are.
    I'm trying to be constructive here...

Bigot:
    One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

constructive???

"No, there were children at the Klan rally, thereby implying that the screwed up morals and values of those backwater retards will more than likely be passed on to them."
    Correct. And that perpetuates the cycle.....

Assault,
    I'm not in favor of the Klan, in fact, being of hispanic decent I'm part of a group that the KKK is against.
    However, technically your comment is as bigotrous (if thats a word) as what the kkk's values are.
    I know that kinda sounds backwards, and you must think I'm a moron for saying it.
    But if your judging the group based on the fact that they have different morals and values than you do then that leaves you no better off than they are.
    I'm trying to be constructive here...

Bigot:
    One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
    I disagree. The operative word is intolerant. I would tolerate these jackasses if they kept thier views to themselves, but once you make your opinions public, then you open yourself up to critisism and debate.

Intellectually I see what you're saying, but I don't think it works for this scenario. Once your views trample on others rights, then you've lost the protection of free speech in my opinion.
    Skydiving is cool
    Skydiving is goovy,
    Jump with me baby
    And show me your boobies

I disagree. The operative word is intolerant.
    Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

intolerant
    \In*tol"er*ant\, n. An intolerant person; a bigot.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=intolerant

Once your views trample on others rights, then you've lost the protection of free speech in my opinion.
    I think views, opinions and beliefs are protected under free speech, however, its acting on some of these that can get people in trouble.

I think views, opinions and beliefs are protected under free speech, however, its acting on some of these that can get people in trouble. [/B]
    I agree with you. The KKK is known for acting on its beliefs, not only physically but verbally as well. Look, everyone's entitled to thier opinion, but once you start to belittle or demean others because of it, then I have a problem. And that goes for ANY organization,not only the KKK. I'm fine with women's groups, men's groups, black groups, white groups, whatever, until they start to attack other groups. If your organization promotes positive change, then more power to you, but once you infringe on others rights then there's a problem.

Good debate!
    Skydiving is cool
    Skydiving is goovy,
    Jump with me baby
    And show me your boobies

He dislikes them for their beliefs and for the thing their organization has taken part of. They dislike people because of the color of their skin. How in the **** do you not see the difference.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Call me a bigot, but that sounds like as a big a bunch of inbreeds Ive ever heard of.

That made me laugh. What a bunch of losers.

Originally posted by smalls
    He dislikes them for their beliefs and for the thing their organization has taken part of. They dislike people because of the color of their skin. How in the **** do you not see the difference.
    I see the differences...but apparently you don't see the similarities...

This sounds like lawyer talk to me!

I see the differences...but apparently you don't see the similarities...
    I see the similarities in what you're saying. And in a way, I agree, but there comes a time in your life when you decide enough is enough and you can't keep thinking like a bleeding heart liberal. Sometimes you have to choose a side that you think is right and go from there.

If that makes me intolerant or a bigot, well then pass me my white bedsheets.

Once again, thanks for the debate, I really enjoyed you challenging my way of thinking, it should be done more often by more people.
    Skydiving is cool
    Skydiving is goovy,
    Jump with me baby
    And show me your boobies

Wannabebig Member
    There used to be 1-3 million white Americans that were in the KKK back in the 1920s, early 30s.(?) Maybe even one of your ancestors
    Behind every great man is a great woman, and behind that woman is another man staring at her ass.

Originally posted by GermanicWarrior
    There used to be 1-3 million white Americans that were in the KKK back in the 1920s, early 30s.(?) Maybe even one of your ancestors
    I wouldn't doubt it.
    Skydiving is cool
    Skydiving is goovy,
    Jump with me baby
    And show me your boobies

my ancestors werent and I dont care if i'm a bigot or a racist- at least i have a legit. reason- I hate the KKK and everything they stand for
    i dont care what you call me-
    I'd rather contradict myself then to not be morally against the KKK
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

If your organization promotes positive change, then more power to you, but once you infringe on others rights then there's a problem.

Good debate!
    so what if those "positive changes" start to interfere with other peoples lives? now it comes down to your personal values again. the KKK believe that what they are doing IS positive. so some people may think what they are doing is outstanding work, becuase it is a positive group doing positive things.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    That was so cool. The guy next to me just fell over when the zinger came down.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Assault,
    I just like playing devils advocate

I'm just really happy the debate was about this and not the difference in killing a child vs an adult *hahah* I had a whole population control, how humans are causing 1000's of species extinctions per year, etc, argument brewing *hahahhah* which is pretty much my pro abortion argument also.

I blame it all on years of liberal/religious education studying to much Budhism/Hinduism/Taoism, love the person that kills your mother rapes your father and cuts off your legs typa stuff.
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 11-25-2003 at 06:29 PM.