Thread: Floaters

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Floaters

All right, this is a pretty serious question - so only serious answers wanted. I have "floaters" in my right eye, they are like little black squirmy lines that float, i can see them floating all over, especially when i stare at like a white wall, they float from top to bottom and left to right. my question has three parts:
    1)where did they come from?
    2)how did i get them?
    3)how do i get rid of them?

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Floaters are proteins and **** that have been in your eye's cornea(I think) your whole life and just cumulate over time into the clumps we call floaters. There isnt much you can do about them, there are a few supplements made specifically for eye health that are advertised as being able to eventually disintegrate the floaters.

You got them because God hates you.

I have fuzzy vision. I can see far away but from any distance it looks like a translucent static is over everything. I can ignore it, but it sucks.

I've been tested for a bunch of stuff and I am OK in the eye department. I wonder if I have floaters.

all right, any one else? delphi?

Dude I love my floaters. They're fun to watch in class when I don't feel like paying attention. Why would anyone want to get rid of them??

I believe the "floaters" are called latice strucutres due to the shape.

you should still get them checked out at the eye doctor. could be a prelim to something worse.

Mystic Eric
    Originally posted by Clark
    you should still get them checked out at the eye doctor. could be a prelim to something worse.
    Definately. I got mine checked last week. It could be signs of retinal problems such as detachment of the retina. Usually though, floaters aren't any signifcant problems.

How many do each of you have? Just a couple or lots? I've got tonnes

i just have a few, maybe like two or three, in my right eye. the reason why i am asking about it is because i want to know how i got them.

you know those laser pointers? they were really popular here in the US a couple years ago and kids would flash them in class, and then they were banned because they found out that if people shine it in your eye it might burn the eye, like the retina or something.

so anyways, some kid pointed his laser pointer right at me during lunch one day, and i could see it on my chest, and i am very, very, very sure that he also pointed it at my eye. (and my nose too cause i could see it).

so anyways, does that have anything to do with the floaters or not?

shiat. when i read the title i thought this was on people not flushing the toilet after they do their business

out the back of the gym snorting an oz of creatine
    i got floaters, but there only noticable when i look into the sky or a white wall, there translucant and i got heaps, maybe these are something else.

stupid human anatomy why do we need liquid in our eye

Originally posted by Clark
    :withstupi
    To get good at most things takes 2-4 years i.e BodyBuilding, Martial Arts, Musical Instrements ect.
    To Master it, takes a life time - Buff Stuff

The answer to every query is, of course, "squats". - drew

BUFF