The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

How long to rest after injury...

As some of you know, I tore either a muscle or a ligament in my lower back just over 3 weeks ago doing bent over rows. It was one of those injuries that couldn't be ignored, so I went to the doctor and told me to keep working out, but not to do anything that severely affected that area. The one exercise that he mentioned by name was squats. He said that for an average, 30 year old man, the injury would take about 6 weeks to heal, but with me being younger and already exercising regularly, he wouldn't be surprised if it was healed in 3. So, now 3 weeks has come and gone and the pain is very minimal. There is still a lot of stiffness, though. So my question is, how freaking long do I have to wait to do squats again? This is killing me!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

This is your back we're talking about. I would wait until the pain is gone, then start out light for the first few sessions. If you don't let it heal right it could turn into a chronic injury, its not worth the few extra weeks of training. Not to mention if you train while your back is weak you risk the chance of getting slipped disc, then you'll need surgery or live with somebody twisting a knife in your back for the rest of your life.
    Last edited by ArjKing; 09-03-2002 at 07:45 AM.
    My Fitday Journal
    My WBB Journal

"If they didn't overcomplicate things there wouldn't be much to say about lifting anymore though. ..... We do it all the time here, pretty much for the same reasons...we'd have nothing left to talk about." --ElPietro

:withstupi

I am currently going through some lower back troubles myself...not enjoyable.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska