The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

How much weight to add to each set

Does anybody pyramid up when they do their sets?If so how much weight do you add to each set?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I rarely pyramid up.....I find that it saps my strength for the heaviest sets, which are most important to me.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

ditto about the wasted energy...I'll do one warm-up set and jump right to the heavy stuff, maybe do a drop set to fatigue the slow twitch fibers...

i use to always pyramid up 5-10lbs. for each set, but now i do only HEAVY sets using the same weight(like powermanDL said...to avoid fatigue/failure)lowering my reps and set range allows me to focus more on lifting heavier weight.
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Deadlift 355 (no belt/straps)
    Squat

I wish I could get away with just one warm up on bench, squat, dead....

There is just no way for me. I have tried and my joints don't let me. It feels, well..... cold.
    playin the iron game...

A. F.
    I'm with the others...

I just warm up with the bar and jump straight to my 5x5 or the 1-2RMs... (depending on the routine I'm on..)

I actually read somewhere (on this board) that you should pyramid upside down..

warm up lightly/stretch
    then start off with 1-2rm, remove some weight, 5-6rm, remove some weight, and so on...

don't forget that you gain strength by doing the HEAVY weight, so if you're looking to gain strength fast - there wouldn't be much point in doing anything over 7rm.. hence the reason I'm on the 5x5 routine now - HIGHLY recommend it.

hopefully i didn't make a mistake anywhere, but if i did please correct me and accept my apology.

Anyone pyramid up and then back down? I have done it my last two weeks and it is damn hard... I fell like it is doing something cause I am so tired and sore afterwards but it is too early to tell if I am making progress. Anyone try this and make any progress?
    hmmmmmmm... will i ever be big enough?

Age- 17
    Height- 5'10"
    Weight- 160

RAW lifts
    Bench- 225(1)
    Deadlift-350(1)
    Squat-285(1)

I pyramid down. I do a couple warm up sets for exercises like bench and squats then start out wth the heaviest set first and then taper down. Best results I have experienced are with using this method. When I first started lifting I did the pyramid up then after several months i did the pyramid up then back down. But starting out heavy and then going lighter and more reps has produced the best results thus far.