Thread: Did wbb1 and 2, time to move onto wbb 3?

Hybrid View

Did wbb1 and 2, time to move onto wbb 3?

I used the first wbb routine for a about 5 months and then switched to wbb2 once I started to stall. Now that I am stalling with wbb2 (been on it for about 4 months), and I wonder if I should move onto wbb3. Any other routines for my current situation (elaborated on below) would be extremely welcome.

Most likely I have spent too much time on each routine, but I followed the advice to stick with it till it didn't work anymore.

Currently, I am looking to increase my mass. My body fat is ok (around 10-12%), weighing in at 173lbs @ 6'2". Also, my nutrition is well balanced.
    I've tried mixing up wbb2 on my own by going into different rep ranges...incorporating the rep scheme found in wbb3, and using different lifts at times, but I feel like I'm doing a bastard job of it, and prolly just butchering the routiene.

Thanks for your time and input!

Edited: My school schedule is setup so that I can hit the gym on T-Th-F-Sat-Sun, so maybe experimenting with a 4 day split could be in order?
    Last edited by goobermor; 09-04-2002 at 01:13 AM.

Well Maki did the wbb2.

How about you explain in what parts you wewre stalling in, because I bet Maki would have a few less butchering solutions for you
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

To be specific, near the end I was stalling on all the chest, biceps, and shoulder lifts.

Wannabebig Member
    Well for one thing the routines are designed to be followed in order. If you were switching the exercises around, you weren't getting the maximum out of the workout.

I didn't switch the lifts around (lift type and rep scheme included)till is was extremely evident that I was stalling (weight/progression wise) on my lifts. Basically, I'm at a point where I'm asking 'what do I do know that I've stopped progressing?'
    Obvious answer would be that I should try a new routiene, but I really do not know what would be an appropriate routiene to try.

goober did you see good results from wbb1? Just curious....

What weight did you start at when you began wbb1?

I'm about 280 and just started wbb1...

i had great results with wbb1.....all my lifts increased by a marked amount

i stayed around the same weight...i was 180 for that routiene, and actually i lost weight, im down to 175 (i have around 5 lbs of fat to loose still thou....a lill luv handle if you want to call it that heh)

Starting all over again :(
    How much weight do you guys increase every week??

not much...i havent been lifting for an extremely long period of time....only about a year and a half, but im far past the beginners point where i could see truly insane gains

and as of right now...well im not seeing many gains at all heh, its why i started this thread. hopefully someone will be able to give me some advice to point me in the right direction again

Start WBB3 now.
    Any questions either post em here or email me.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

thanks for the advice maki

what type of tempo should be used for the first week (rep range 6 and 10), and also what type of tempo should be used for the second week (rep range 8 and 12)?

for the sets where i shouldnt go to failure, how should i gauge how much to lift?

also, what type of abdominal work should i do for wbb3?
    Last edited by goobermor; 09-10-2002 at 12:22 AM.

Originally posted by goobermor
    thanks for the advice maki

what type of tempo should be used for the first week (rep range 6 and 10), and also what type of tempo should be used for the second week (rep range 8 and 12)?

*** Just stick with a 2,1,2 tempo. Nothing spectacular.

for the sets where i shouldnt go to failure, how should i gauge how much to lift?

*** As much as you can but going one rep shy offailure. It maytake a couple sessions for you to find out what weight alows you to do this.

also, what type of abdominal work should i do for wbb3?

*** Try weighted crunches and hanging leg raises
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo