Thread: a few questions from a newbie lifter

Teach me, master BB

a few questions from a newbie lifter

Hi all, I have recently decided that I am gonna start lifting weights. I have a few questions and I am hoping all of you can help me out with them.

1. I am seriously considering doing the wbb weightlifting schedule. I am wondering if this would be a good routine for my body type.

-I am slightly shorter then 6 foot and around 135 pounds. In other words, I'm pretty skinny, hehe. Anyway, do you think this program would work for me, or should I look for another?

-Basically my goals are for more muscular strength. Don't know if that helps but figured might as well mention it .

2. I raised my diet to be filled with more carbs and meats, because I read it would help. I was wondering if anyone could verify that this would help muscle mass gains to increase when I lift weights.

3. What is a good way to figure out how much you should be lifting whenever you lift. I know you are supposed to "lift hard" but still keep good form, but how do I go about figuring what I should be lifting? Guess and check?

Thanks again!

A. F.
    6' 135lb? damn.

EAT EAT EAT.

Just start the WBB1 and look in the Diet and Nutrition forum for some good diets.

What's a good way to figure out what to lift? Easy.. start off with a bar for benchpress and keep adding on 10lb to each side until you get to a point where you can only do 5-6 reps.. then you know that that weight you can do 5-6 reps(times).. 10 more lb and you can do 2reps.. so that's all - just start off with really light and add on.

Oh and for your diet consider drinking protein shakes and eating lots of whey.. eat some oatmeal, eggs (whites), peanut butter.. yumm.

:withstupi
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'

Banned
    how old are you?

Teach me, master BB
    17, 18 in a month.
    Last edited by Holylite; 09-04-2002 at 08:15 PM.
    current weight: 135 approx.

Goals: 170 pounds

<9% BF