The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Injured forearm on big curls.

I injured my forearm about 3 months ago. about 1/4 of the way down from my wrist to my elbow on the outside of my forearm. Right in line with my pinky. It started when I went up on my curls from a high rep/low weight regiment to a low rep/high weight workout.

I keep taking breaks from pull work to try and let it heal. I just took 3 weeks of pull work and yesterday when I did curls it still hurts. I use pretty heavy weight, so I'm wondering how do you avoid the strain on your wrist and tendons yet still use enough weight to work your biceps.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Using the EZ-bar, it stopped my forearm pain.

A Fortnight Dead
    I have the same pain, yet the EZ-curl bar does nothing for me.

I have found that switching solely to hammer curls seems to alleviate the pain somewhat. Granted, I would prefer to be doing straight curls, but....you take what you can get, I guess.

That said, I personally believe my pain is caused not from lifting but from excessive typing on a laptop that is anything but ergonomically-designed. Do you do much typing? Is there a chance of RMI (repetitive motion injury) in your case?
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

FREAK IN THA' MAKING!!! duque21's Avatar
    Did you injure it or does it just hurt?

V, Yes I do do a lot of typing for my job so that is a possibility. I got a new chair that sits up higher as a precaution. I went to a physical therapyst and she really coun't tell what the deal was. She thought I should come twice a week and get my arm worked on or something but my shcedule wouldn't permit it. I'm going to re think that and see if I can make it happen.

duque21, I'm pretty sure I injured it. Then i think I made the mistake of trying to ignore it and kept working for a couple of weeks till the pain got so bad I couldn't turn a door knob. Then I started taking breaks to let it heal, but it keeps reacurring. Right now its just uncomfortable, but I can feel it and I don't wanna let it get that bad again. I want to heal it.

Would doing forearm excercises help? Anybody ever tried it to help with pain on curls?

Thanks for the responses.

I will try doing just hammer and e-z bar curls for a while. Light weight and work my way back up. Sucks cuz I absolutley love single arm db curls.

FREAK IN THA' MAKING!!! duque21's Avatar
    you probbley got the equivlant of shin splints in your arm, where the tendon actually starts to hurt cuasse there is a over load of stres being put onit where it attaches to the bone. I would rest it and try it later......much later when there is no more pain, like shin splints you just have to wait for it to go away and then hope it does not come back and it got stronger whe you rested it

I've had major ass pain when I do bicep curls for 2 years now my doc told me it was tendonitis and to take ibprofren when it hurts.