Thread: Busted left shoulder

Wannabebig Member

Busted left shoulder

Well the other day working on my chest and tri's, while doing a peck deck fly machine the rear deltoid of my left shoulder started showing discomfort. Especially when the lever was all teh way back. Eventually it built up to pain when I though i should probably stop and do something else.

My friend was saying how it could be my rotator cup or cuff or whatever... it probably happend a week ago but it wasnt pronounced until now...

what are your inputs?? I hope its not serious....
    I know I'm small, leave me alone...

Use the Advanced Search feature in the upper right-hand corner of this page, and look for "rotator cuff" and "impingement syndrome." Lots of threads devoted to these topics.

BTW, welcome to WBB. My shoulder injury is what landed me here last year.
    Last edited by Delphi; 09-07-2002 at 08:43 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Wow thanks... yeh im a noobie... anyways... ive read most of the threads and i guess.. i just lay off chest excercises untill i recover, then strengthen my rotators b4 i start working on my benching and such eh?

but how do i know when they've recovered?

For me, it was when I could adjust the rearview mirror in my car without pain, and when I could wake up in the morning without pain.

Wannabebig Member
    Well even right now they dont hurt when i do ANYTHING... it might feel a tad tighter than my right.... but like last night it kinda hurt a little while i was playing snooker...

should i keep working out?