The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: I'm clueless

Wannabebig Member

I'm clueless

Hey, what's going on guys... I guess I'll tell you a little about my self so you can help out better

I'm 17
    -5'6
    -134lbs
    -Fairly Skinny

Just really started "working," out today. I run Cross Crounty every day, but going to the gym, today is my first.

But a 1year membership to Planet Fitness

Have never checked the back of something before eating it, I just eat what is in my house at that time, which isnt usually much lol.

I just have a few questions to make the workout count.

[list=1][*]How many calories and how much protein should I be getting daily, to get muscle, look defined and gain a wee bit of weigh?[*]With what foods do I get this with? I'm only 17 so its not like I can come home and cook a chicken anytime I want lol, so what are stuff I can just eat with out little to no preperations?[*]What should I tell my mom to cook me for dinner, the real meal. Nightly?[*]I mainly wanna focus on my upper body, i.e 6-pack...Big muscles in my arm, but not to big...etc[/list=1]

Im kind of a picky eater, which I know isnt good, but somethings that just taste like ****, I can hold down, no matter how good it is for me...

I really appreciate the help, cause I did a few searches before posting, and I didnt really find what I was looking for.. and some of the ones that did have what I needed, I didnt quite understand the lingo :-/

Well,
    Thanks Again
    Doug

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Re: I'm clueless

Originally posted by TopLine
    Hey, what's going on guys... I guess I'll tell you a little about my self so you can help out better

I'm 17
    -5'6
    -134lbs
    -Fairly Skinny

Just really started "working," out today. I run Cross Crounty every day, but going to the gym, today is my first.
    ***congratulations and welome to the board!!

But a 1year membership to Planet Fitness

Have never checked the back of something before eating it, I just eat what is in my house at that time, which isnt usually much lol.

I just have a few questions to make the workout count.
    ***Post your workout in the Training forum to get pointers and maybe even start a journal to help us help you!

[list=1][*]How many calories and how much protein should I be getting daily, to get muscle, look defined and gain a wee bit of weigh?
    ***A good base is 1 gram per lb. I would start there if I were you. Make sure you get plenty of carbs and good fats too though![*]With what foods do I get this with? I'm only 17 so its not like I can come home and cook a chicken anytime I want lol, so what are stuff I can just eat with out little to no preperations?
    ***Tuna, Hormel canned turkey chili, PB&J sandwiches, deli meat sandwiches[*]What should I tell my mom to cook me for dinner, the real meal. Nightly? ***see comment below on this.
    ***Protein: lean steak, chicken, fish, lean beef
    Fats: olive oil, fat from the meat
    Carbs: whole wheat pasta, sweet potato, potato, veggies[*]I mainly wanna focus on my upper body, i.e 6-pack...Big muscles in my arm, but not to big...etc
    ***You still need to work your legs [/list=1]

Im kind of a picky eater, which I know isnt good, but somethings that just taste like ****, I can hold down, no matter how good it is for me...

I really appreciate the help, cause I did a few searches before posting, and I didnt really find what I was looking for.. and some of the ones that did have what I needed, I didnt quite understand the lingo :-/

Well,
    Thanks Again
    Doug
    Regarding dinner being "the real meal" the two most important meals of your day are actually your breakfast and what you eat postworkout.

I hope I helped!

ND
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Starting all over again :(
    your 17, why cant you cook your own food??

Wannabebig Member
    yea, but dinner is when Im home, also dinner is before I work out.

I could cook my mom is always in kitchen making food, and whatnot.. or should I say trying to make food :-/

http://www.wannabebig.com/archive.php?catid=2 read the article at the bottom of the archive at that link... called "dieting basics".. will answer alot of your questions and is a good article to start with.