Thread: I'm clueless

Wannabebig Member

I'm clueless

Hey, what's going on guys... I guess I'll tell you a little about my self so you can help out better

I'm 17
    -5'6
    -134lbs
    -Fairly Skinny

Just really started "working," out today. I run Cross Crounty every day, but going to the gym, today is my first.

But a 1year membership to Planet Fitness

Have never checked the back of something before eating it, I just eat what is in my house at that time, which isnt usually much lol.

I just have a few questions to make the workout count.

[list=1][*]How many calories and how much protein should I be getting daily, to get muscle, look defined and gain a wee bit of weigh?[*]With what foods do I get this with? I'm only 17 so its not like I can come home and cook a chicken anytime I want lol, so what are stuff I can just eat with out little to no preperations?[*]What should I tell my mom to cook me for dinner, the real meal. Nightly?[*]I mainly wanna focus on my upper body, i.e 6-pack...Big muscles in my arm, but not to big...etc[/list=1]

Im kind of a picky eater, which I know isnt good, but somethings that just taste like ****, I can hold down, no matter how good it is for me...

I really appreciate the help, cause I did a few searches before posting, and I didnt really find what I was looking for.. and some of the ones that did have what I needed, I didnt quite understand the lingo :-/

Well,
    Thanks Again
    Doug

Re: I'm clueless

Originally posted by TopLine
    Hey, what's going on guys... I guess I'll tell you a little about my self so you can help out better

I'm 17
    -5'6
    -134lbs
    -Fairly Skinny

Just really started "working," out today. I run Cross Crounty every day, but going to the gym, today is my first.
    ***congratulations and welome to the board!!

But a 1year membership to Planet Fitness

Have never checked the back of something before eating it, I just eat what is in my house at that time, which isnt usually much lol.

I just have a few questions to make the workout count.
    ***Post your workout in the Training forum to get pointers and maybe even start a journal to help us help you!

[list=1][*]How many calories and how much protein should I be getting daily, to get muscle, look defined and gain a wee bit of weigh?
    ***A good base is 1 gram per lb. I would start there if I were you. Make sure you get plenty of carbs and good fats too though![*]With what foods do I get this with? I'm only 17 so its not like I can come home and cook a chicken anytime I want lol, so what are stuff I can just eat with out little to no preperations?
    ***Tuna, Hormel canned turkey chili, PB&J sandwiches, deli meat sandwiches[*]What should I tell my mom to cook me for dinner, the real meal. Nightly? ***see comment below on this.
    ***Protein: lean steak, chicken, fish, lean beef
    Fats: olive oil, fat from the meat
    Carbs: whole wheat pasta, sweet potato, potato, veggies[*]I mainly wanna focus on my upper body, i.e 6-pack...Big muscles in my arm, but not to big...etc
    ***You still need to work your legs [/list=1]

Im kind of a picky eater, which I know isnt good, but somethings that just taste like ****, I can hold down, no matter how good it is for me...

I really appreciate the help, cause I did a few searches before posting, and I didnt really find what I was looking for.. and some of the ones that did have what I needed, I didnt quite understand the lingo :-/

Well,
    Thanks Again
    Doug
    Regarding dinner being "the real meal" the two most important meals of your day are actually your breakfast and what you eat postworkout.

I hope I helped!

ND
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Starting all over again :(
    your 17, why cant you cook your own food??

Wannabebig Member
    yea, but dinner is when Im home, also dinner is before I work out.

I could cook my mom is always in kitchen making food, and whatnot.. or should I say trying to make food :-/

http://www.wannabebig.com/archive.php?catid=2 read the article at the bottom of the archive at that link... called "dieting basics".. will answer alot of your questions and is a good article to start with.