Thread: Total Gym!!! Do you recommend it as good muscle building equipment at home ??

Wannabebig Member

Total Gym!!! Do you recommend it as good muscle building equipment at home ??

?
    Muscle=Pain
    Pain=Muscle

the only use i can see the total gym having is maybe general muscle conditioning for the elderly , it doesnt provide enough resistance to promote any muscle growth worth mentioning. invest in some free weights and a bench , pull up/dip station etc...and even better a gym membership
    Last edited by tallnskinny; 09-07-2002 at 05:52 PM.

bone crusher
    could not agree more

I say it sucks.. You are better off with a bowflex than that.. But the best is a gym membership.
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'

Originally posted by zwarrior99
    I say it sucks.. You are better off with a bowflex than that..

I've never used a Total Gym. I have a Bowflex and started doing HIT-style workouts last July. I gained 15 pounds by Christmas. It's only good if you use the squat attachment, IMO. I ran out of resistance for calf exercises with it, and bought a seated calf raise machine and plates for it. Over a four month period I gradually shifted over to using free weights almost exclusively. A Bowflex would do you some good for a while, but you won't end up looking like the guys in the commercials, using a Bowflex. I doubt the Total Gym would be as good as a Bowflex.