Thread: Brainy rap song

Brainy rap song

For my anatomy class I must create a rap song that details and explains the part of the brain called the Amygdala. I am no rapper and do not listen to the stuff....with the provided info could anyone help me out.

AMYGDALA

Brain. 1. An almond-shaped neuro structure involved in producing and responding to nonverbal signs of anger, avoidance, defensiveness, and fear. 2. A small mass of gray matter that inspires aversive cues, such as the freeze reaction, sweaty palms, and the tense-mouth display. 3. A primeval arousal center, originating in early fishes, which is central to the expression of negative emotions in man.

Usage: Many gestures reflect the amygdala's turmoil. In an anxious meeting, e.g., we may unconsciously flex our arms, lean away, or angle away from colleagues who upset us. Lip, neck, and shoulder muscles may tense as the amygdala activates brain-stem circuits designed to produce protective facial expressions (see, e.g., TENSE-MOUTH) and protective postures (see, e.g., BOW and CROUCH). The amygdala also prompts releases of adrenaline and other hormones into the blood stream, thus stepping-up an avoider's response and disrupting the control of rational thought.

RESEARCH REPORTS: 1. "The amygdala coordinates the actions of the autonomic and endocrine systems and is involved in emotions" (Kelly and Dodd 1991:277). 2. The amygdala may be part of a "general-purpose defense response control network" (LeDoux 1996:158). 3. "Unpleasant odours . . . activate the amygdala and the cortex in the temporal lobe (insula)" (Carter 1998:114; see BIG MAC®).

Neuro notes. In addition to its other duties, the amygdala's gray matter evolved to mediate the evolutionary ancient chemical nervous system, represented today by our bloodstream. Working through the hypothalamus, the amygdala releases excitatory hormones into circulating blood. After surgical removal of the amygdala, growls, screams, angry voices, and other negative signs may lose their meaning and become incomprehensible as afferent cues.
    BMF member

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,no one but ourselves can free our minds." - Bob Marley

what the hell?

*lmao*

you should put it to a floyd song.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

thats a rap?
    or you have to put that into rap?
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

ill make one for your g-b maybe this evening when i have time
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

ok cacky wrote this one:

AMYGDALA

amygdala, what the **** is that?
    why am i writing a rap to describe this crap for a class?
    aren't classes supposed to teach you things? instead i'm sitting here with my dictionary writing ryhmes that don't make sense
    tis kinda scary fighting crimes with a picket fence
    but fear exists here because of the amygdala
    do koalas have amygdalas? does koala and amygdala even ryhme?
    what a waste of time this is but the amydala does coordinate the actions of the autonomic and endocrine systems and is involved in emotions, such as anger avoidance defensiveness and fear
    and writing this rap makes me angry, makes me avoidant and defensive when my mom yells at me for being senseless
    many gestures reflect the the amygdala's turmoil. In an anxious meeting, we may unconsciously flex our arms, lean away, or angle away from colleagues who upset us
    or when we're fed up with writing raps for sanctioned teachings, we may subconsiously stab our moms, kill a gay, or strangle gay colleagues who upset us/or we could run them over with a bus, but that wouldn't be as much fun
    the amygdala also disrupts rational thought, i think my professor ought to have his examined, cuz the peckers brain seems a little contaminated - dumb old lady, i think maybe i'ma go kill a baby
    **** there goes the amygdala again, a primeval arousal center, originating in early fishes, which is central to the expression of negative emotions in man
    apparently this evil thing is making me a spousal beater, fornicating with fugly bitches, which is essential to the progression of sedative explosions in man
    anyway basically what you learned today is that this assignment is gay, and the amygdala is what made me say...
    ...that, or something, next time think of a better assignment, you dumb carrot
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

*lmao*

that's actually quite good. prolly a little too offensive but it does get the role of the amygdala in a rap. and well.

Is that written to the beat of one of Eminem's songs LOL? Or maybe I'm just trying to make it fit to one hehehe.

Not bad either way.
    peace-

Craig

HAH...thats not bad. Tell cack I said thanks. I am going to use parts of it and see what bam bam comes up with tonight...again kimpy, tell cack I said thanks.
    BMF member

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,no one but ourselves can free our minds." - Bob Marley

lol
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    That sucks.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

damn i jsut did a real long one but i was inactive enough on the site i guess it logged me off oh well heres another of the top of me head

Who am I better yet who are you I cause sensors to go red alert like Osama hiding in the dirt.
    Im the dog that barks im the noise in the dark
    Im the anger that you feel when your dealt a bad deal

hold on let me try and get the other one back
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

oh well the other is gone ill try to finish that one or do another when is this due??
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

Not until monday bammer
    BMF member

Starting all over again :(
    good to see we have some hip hop fans on here.

ok here goes one of the top of my head if this is worth alot as a grade let me know and ill put something on paper if this dosnt do

Im the fear in your heart Im a noise in the dark

Im the bark of a dog Ill make you jump like a frog

Im your muscle when they tense im your fists when they clinch

Im the anger you feel when your dealt a bad deal

Im the hatred in your heart when your world falls apart

What am i ? Better yet who are you? Im why your senses are on red alert like osama hiding in the dirt

Im am the what makes your hairs stand on your neck Im the sweat on your hands Im why you ran

Im the V in violence The reason you are a client
    pouring your feelings to a stranger trying to make yourself void of the anger

So what am I since my Rhymes did not propel you ill go ahead and tell you.
    Im the aversive feelings that make you lose control Im reason you feel the way you feel Like gas in your stomach after a bad meal.
    I am the amygdala not to be mistaken for rashashauna or the dali lama
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

or that princess chick from that star wars drama.

Ok I took some of both raps...tell me if you think it sounds ok. BTW, thanks for the help cack and bammer...even if I make your mom eat my chowda bammer.

I am the fear in your heart,
    your muscles when they tense,
    and your fists when they clench,
    I am the hatred in your heart when your world falls apart.
    What am I? I am why your senses are on red alert like osama hiding in the dirt.
    I am the V in violence, the reason you are a client pouring your feelings out to a stranger to void you of your anger.
    So what am I? Since my rhymes did not propel you, I will go ahead and tell you. I am the amygdala

amygdala, what the f*ck is that?
    why am i writing a rap to describe this crap for a class?
    aren't classes supposed to teach you things?
    Instead i'm sitting here with my dictionary writing ryhmes that don't make sense.
    what a f*cking waste of time.
    But the amygdala does coordinate the actions of the system called endocrine.
    fear exists because of the amygdala.

Amygdala...it is involved in emotions, such as anger, avoidance, defensiveness, and fear.
    and writing this rap makes me angry, it makes me avoidant and defensive when I am feeling senseless.

many gestures reflect the amygdala's turmoil.
    In an anxious meeting, we may unconsciously flex our arms, lean away, or angle away from colleagues who upset us
    or when we're fed up with writing raps for sanctioned teachings, we may subconsiously stab our moms, kill a gay, or strangle gay colleagues who upset us/or we could run them down with a truck, but that wouldn't be as much fun

the amygdala also disrupts rational thought, i think my professor ought to have her head examined, cuz the broads brain seems a little contaminated - dumb old lady, i think maybe i'ma go kill a baby...
    thanks to my amygdala

There goes my amygdala again, a primeval arousal center, which is central to the expression of negative emotions in man.
    apparently this evil thing is making me a spousal beater, fornicating with ugly bitches, which is essential to the progression of sedative explosions in man.
    anyway basically what you learned today is that this assignment is f*cking gay
    and all this sh*t I had to say...the amygdala is responsible for it...
    BMF member

now are you reeady to rap that out in front of class?

Well I dont necessarily have to read it out loud in front of class. There were I think 7 different parts of the brain she wanted the class to write about. The class has about 80 people in it so she divided the 7 parts up between all the students. Had each one number off from 1 to 7. Now on monday, all the #1's will get together and read each others raps, and they pick the best one and that one is read aloud to the class. Same thing goes for numbers 2-7. Hopefully I wont have to read anything aloud in front of the class...and if I do, I hope it stirs up some controversy in the class.
    BMF member

lol you go ohmpa boy
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

close your eyes and imagine the dark
    im what causes the spark in your mind
    time to time, anger is what causes the rhyme
    what am i?
    amygdala
    to understand you dont need to be a scholla
    just pull out the dictionary
    take me away, and you wont understand scary
    because im very important