Thread: soreness = recuperation?

Wannabebig Member

soreness = recuperation?

When you are sore, does it mean that you are recuperating? Say if you are still sore 4 days after the workout (just started working out, the body has to adjust) are your body still recuperating even at 4-5 days after the workout.

And can you work out if you are sore? If you have waited 48 hours since your last workout (HST style) and are still sore would it be wrong to workout again.
    I have read and heard plenty of opinions saying that this is the way to train and other opinions saying that the opposite way is correct. Finding the perfect routine and way to train makes rocket science seem easy.

Wannabebig Member
    No replies?

Surely somebody must know the answear to this training-related question.
    I have read and heard plenty of opinions saying that this is the way to train and other opinions saying that the opposite way is correct. Finding the perfect routine and way to train makes rocket science seem easy.

I train sore.. But I am following an HST style program.

n order for the loading to result in significant hypertrophy, the stimulus must be applied with sufficient frequency to create a new "environment", as opposed to seemingly random and acute assaults on the mechanical integrity of the tissue. The downside of taking a week of rest every time you load a muscle is that many of the acute responses to training like increased protein synthesis, prostaglandins, IGF-1 levels, and mRNA levels all return to normal in about 36 hours. So, you spend 2 days growing and half a week in a semi-anticatabolic state returning to normal (some people call this recovery), when research shows us that recovery can take place unabated even if a the muscle is loaded again in 48 hours. So true anabolism from loading only lasts 2 days at best once the load is removed. The rest of the time you are simply balancing nitrogen retention without adding to it
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'

Starting all over again :(
    so your saying to work out each body part 2 times a week instead of one?

Wannabebig New Member
    HST training says that a muscle can adapt even while is is being stressed, so they suggest to train again even when sore. I
    tryed this recently and the soreness went away after the workout, and I grew quite a bit.

Best,

Paul
    Truly Huge - Bodybuilding, Health and Fitness.

http://www.trulyhuge.com

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by Jilla82
    so your saying to work out each body part 2 times a week instead of one?
    Or more....

Wannabebig Member
    So no it would not be bad to work out when the muscle is still sore. I am going to start HST, and just needed to clarify this, thx.

That's dependant on what caused the soreness. Lots of things can make a muscle sore.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by PowerManDL
    That's dependant on what caused the soreness. Lots of things can make a muscle sore.
    Well, yeah. Getting hit by a truck will make you sore and you shouldn't train untill you get over it...
    Last edited by restless; 09-09-2002 at 12:21 PM.

Hommie if your a begginer i wouldn't even thik about the HST program. Maybe, when you start to lose motivation switch your program.

Wannabebig Member
    Hommie if your a begginer i wouldn't even thik about the HST program
    Why?

Maybe, when you start to lose motivation switch your program
    why would I lose motivation?