Thread: Bigger NOT Fatter?

Wannabebig Member
    I know, at least it's my understanding that gaining lean muscle mass AND losing bodyfat is very difficult. Although, this would be nice, I'm more concerned with gaining lean muscle mass while maintaining my current bf%.

Question: (Assuming proper nutrition and training program)
    Is it possible for one to grow quicker by consuming an excessive calorie dosage (for bulking) and make up any fat increase by performing cardio.

Basically, I want to know the "nutrional part" of how to get bigger without getting fatter. Tell me what works for you. Thanks.
    Lift To Live

Question: (Assuming proper nutrition and training program)
    Is it possible for one to grow quicker by consuming an excessive calorie dosage (for bulking) and make up any fat increase by performing cardio.

~it all comes down to calories burned vs calories consumed. you can either not eat those extra 500 calories, or you could burn them off. so, if you bulked and did cardio to minimize fat loss, its basically the same as just eating maintenence calorie level. the cardio option would probably be a better route though, try to keep the heart in shape too!

Tell me what works for you.

~what works for me is eating huge quantities of clean calories...none of this dirty/"see food" bulking crap. think about it, whats better for gaining muscle with little to no fat: 4000 clean calories, or 4000 junk food calories?

sure, "see food" works, it created a calorie surplus for most people - you can and will get big off of this kind of bulking. but, for gaining lean mass while minimizing bodyfat its not the best route.

[Edited by Cackerot69 on 01-24-2001 at 01:37 AM]