The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Gained 16 lbs.

Wannabebig New Member

Gained 16 lbs.

I gained 16 lbs. over the Summer on the Ultimate Muscle Mass Training Program and supplementing with 1-ad (3 separate 2 week cycles). Has anyone else tried UMM? I was skeptical but it just worked great. I'm sure the 1-ad helped a lot too.

I've been training for about 4 years--I have a very slight build at 5' 10" and 162 lbs when I started. Now I'm up to 178 lbs. I know that's no much for some of you, but I couldn't be more thrilled. I used the ErgoPharm 1-ad and bought the Ultimate Muscle Mass Program from Amazon. Good stuff.

bigger-than-i-use-to-be

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Nice to see someone happy with their results. What were your goals in the beginning?? What are they now that you gain 16lbs.?

GG
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Wannabebig New Member
    The Program said that the average person who stayed motivated would gain between 10-20 lbs in the 12 weeks so my goal was really to give it my best shot and hope I would get some results that were within that range. Well I did. Considering that I had gained maybe a total of 5 pounds in the previous 6 months before this Summer, I'm very satisfied.

As far as moving on from here, I'm really not interested in being huge or anything like that. I'd like to eventually work up to the mid 180s while keeping the bodyfat in check.

Congrats pulp ! those are some very good gains.

well done
    To get good at most things takes 2-4 years i.e BodyBuilding, Martial Arts, Musical Instrements ect.
    To Master it, takes a life time - Buff Stuff

The answer to every query is, of course, "squats". - drew

BUFF

Nice work. What is the general idea, rep range, etc of the program? *too lazy to go and find it himself* although I guess other people could benefit from more info as well.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Wannabebig Member
    I would venture to say the 1-ad was the primary cause of the weight gain and the program a far second.

Hmmm.....maybe I should go ahead and hit 190. I've been dicking around at this weight for awhile.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Wannabebig New Member
    I actually think it was a combo of the program and the 1-ad. My buddy ken did the program with me but not the 1-ad, he doesn't want to use any prohormones. He gained almost 10 lbs, 9 to be exact and I think that if he followed the nutrition guidelines even closer he would have gained more. He hasn't been training as long as I have so some of the gains may have to do with that.

With the program you basically cycle calories and workout intensity (sets, reps, pounds, etc.). The outlines of the weeks vary, but on average you train for about 4 days a week for about an hour not including warming up and cardio if you do it. One of the reasons I liked the program was that you're always doing something different in the gym.

With the 1-ad, there's no question my muscles felt fuller and tighter. And strength was increasing consistently (probably a combo of the progressive program and the 1-ad). I did have a few side-effects: I was very tired and lethargic while on the 1-ad. Sex drive was down a bit but came back pretty quick once I cycled off. A bit of acne on my shoulders and back--nothing too crazy. Some shrinkage in the testicles--bounced back within a week of cycling off.

All in all, 16 lbs in 12 weeks (virtually all of it lean muscle) it was well worth the effort of following the training program as precisely as I could and dealing with a few annoying 1-ad side-effects.

Good job on gaining the all that weight, keep it up.

FREAK IN THA' MAKING!!! duque21's Avatar
    No matter what supp' you are taking when you gain that kinda weight its a big deal and shows how hard wokr will get you results.........I wish I could put on another 16 pounds. I think I am hitting my platue.
    --My hat off to you