Thread: days to train per week

Wannabebig New Member

days to train per week

how many days do you all train per week? i train 5. seems like all the routines on this site are 3 a week arent they? seems dumb to me seeing as 95% of good bodybuilders train at least 5 days a week.

grow.....Grow....GROW.....
    I train 4 days. I wish I could do 5 days but my schedule won't allow it.
    What is your definition of a good bodybuilder?
    If at first you don't succeed, take 5 lbs. off and try again.

Wannabebig New Member
    Originally posted by Joey G.
    I train 4 days. I wish I could do 5 days but my schedule won't allow it.
    What is your definition of a good bodybuilder?
    big guys with results..you dont get them from 3 days a week

Why post the same question twice?

seems dumb to me seeing as 95% of good bodybuilders train at least 5 days a week.
    Alot of the famous ones took roids at one point in their training also, but that doesn't make ME want to do it.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

I would think a good bodybuilder would be someone who trains hard, eats right, and is committed to our sport. I don't consider myself a big guy but I do consider myself a good bodybuilder just like a lot of people at WBB. (IMO)
    Last edited by Joey G.; 09-12-2002 at 02:07 PM.

The number of days you split your workout into doesn't dictate level of commitment..and making a comment like that shows your ignorance. (or maybe you prefer "your dumbness")
    Last edited by Stray; 09-12-2002 at 02:53 PM.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

:withstupi
    Last edited by Joey G.; 09-12-2002 at 02:33 PM.

Starting all over again :(
    i only do 3. I dont think most people w/ lives can do 5.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    I make the best gains on a 3 days week schedule.

Grasshoppa
    I do 3 and make gains. Maybe you'd make better gains doing 5 and not 3...who knows. We aren't you.

I'm going to go make my sacrifice to the bodybuilding gods now.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by Shao-LiN
    I do 3 and make gains. Maybe you'd make better gains doing 5 and not 3...who knows. We aren't you.

And we don't read flex ( i presume) or care about the way 95% of the professional bodybuilders train. Like someone said, be shure to take all the drugs they take(nubain has to be fun!!), do the things they do to get the drugs, etc....
    Last edited by restless; 09-12-2002 at 03:44 PM.

As I get back into lifting again, I will be employing a 3 day routine. Why not 5? Why not 1? Well, in the past I have worked out on a 5 day a week routine, and found that I wasn't making much in the way of gains, because I was overtraining at the time. I have also used a once a week routine in the past and made very nice gains that way, but I had to work my entire body at one time, and I would much rather spread it over a 3 day period. And yes, I could spread it over a 5 period, but I don't want to go to the gym that much.

How often is Mason hitting a bodypart? Once every week or so?
    Last edited by Craig James; 09-12-2002 at 04:10 PM.

Teach me, master BB
    A couple years ago, when I was even less knowledgable then I am now(if it's possible), I trained 5 days a week. I gained almost nothing from it. They wbb training schedule uses 3 days a week schedule, one body part per day. However, at least the way I understand it, they are compound excercises so you use multiple muscles. I know after my chest/back day, 2 days later my chest and back felt the work the most, but I could still feel that my triceps worked slightly. In the words of someone wise on this message board, less is more. Try out the 3 day workout, see how it works out for you. If it doesn't work, try out a 4 or 5 day workout. People's genetics are different, pro bodybuilders probably have little recovery time for their muscles, most people probably have slower recovery time then pro BB's.
    current weight: 135 approx.

Goals: 170 pounds

<9% BF