Thread: im new here, so could someone please answer some questions please

im new here, so could someone please answer some questions please

hi,

im new here, so could someone please answer some questions please,

1, i want to start weight training, but only want to build up my arms, shoulders and chest , what would be the best way of going about this?

2, would i need to take any musle building drinks etc to help me,

3, if i started going to a gym, how many times would i need to train, to get resalts, so i start seeing myself bigger?

thanx for the help

Re: im new here, so could someone please answer some questions please

Originally posted by jjcool
    hi,

im new here, so could someone please answer some questions please,

1, i want to start weight training, but only want to build up my arms, shoulders and chest , what would be the best way of going about this?

That would be a Bad Thing (TM). Legs and back are much more important, even to build the parts you want.

2, would i need to take any musle building drinks etc to help me,

You can but you don't *need* to.

3, if i started going to a gym, how many times would i need to train, to get resalts, so i start seeing myself bigger?

3-4 times a week, and give it a good six months to see noticable results.
    Last edited by PowerManDL; 09-12-2002 at 03:03 PM.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

am i best to use a proper gym,
    or
    can i use my bench and weights at home

Teach me, master BB
    You can just use your free weights and bench. There are 1 or two that require something else, so you can improvise/change if you just wanna use free weights.
    current weight: 135 approx.

Goals: 170 pounds

<9% BF

thanx Holylite,
    but i want to build my upper chest mostly so i have noticable pecks.
    i do take thats the upper chest?

so would a bench at home with weights be ok?

or is there a special machine in the gym what would be better?
    Last edited by jjcool; 09-12-2002 at 05:20 PM.

Teach me, master BB
    If you are just shooting for a good chest, it should work great. Bench press, dumbell press, and dips work pretty good for the chest.
    current weight: 135 approx.

Goals: 170 pounds

<9% BF

but im still unsure,

if i do that for a few weeks will i notice any diffrence?
    how long does it atcully take to get a noticable chest
    i.e if u are wearing a tshirt so people can notice the pecks ????

also i dont understand how much food you need to eat as at the moment, i only have 1 meal a day ?
    i.e a few boals of cerial,

Are you serious?

Stop worrying about specific bodybparts. Train all of them and concentrate on progression on all bodyparts.

Start eating more and reading thr diet forum. You are NEVER EVER gonna grow eating one bowl of cereal a day, do you not get hungry lol?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

ok thanx ,

but can someone here please help,

ive been reading the 8 weeks to bigger pecks
    http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magaz...biggerpecs.htm

but theres alot of routines on there, so do i do the lot on 1 workout??

hope someone can help.
    thanx

Eat right, train hard and you'll reap bigger boobs. Save the specilaization routines for when you have some mass on your bones.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Wannabebig Member
    i dont understand only wanting a biger chest... what about arms and back... at least to keep everything even
    "It's the ability to concentrate and draw in powers that are all around us."
    Bill Kazmaier

yes i do want bigger arms and back too,

i went training 2 days ago, and feel very sore,
    its sore when i lift my arms up, the back of the biceps

is this normal???

For some it's the norm, for the others this is what happens when they start lifting weights in the beginning.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

well its the first time ive lifted weights in over 8 years so is this normal? as if i try and bend my arm up its very sore?

also when this sore happens how long do u have to wait till you can train the arm again??

Yes, it's normal.

You can train them the next day but I wouldn't advise a newbie to follow this.
    Just train them again when they aren't stiff.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Shoulda been a meso... puny_ectomorph's Avatar
    I'm going to be a jerk here, but...

1. If you're going to do it, don't half-ass it...work your ENTIRE BODY...without throwing in the legwork, and I mean squats, deads, the whole nine yards, any work you do isn't going to amount to...um...squat.

2. Eat. A few bowls of cereal a day doesn't contain the nutrients needed to support a drenched rat, much less a serious lifting regimen. Stick to real foods, milk, eggs, cheese, lean beef, etc...McDonald's ain't gonna help.

3. Listen to the guys (and girls) on this board when they recommend something. They know what they're about, and they're 90% of the reason behind the results I've seen. If you look at the replies, you'll find that they've told you to work your entire body, not just your chest. You, however, have chosen not to listen and instead continue to throw the same asinine "I just want to build my pecs" trash all over the board.

Thank you for the opportunity to rant.

-puny

"Shut the f**k up and train."
    "Serve your country...shoot a curl jockey."
    Stats:
    height 5'10
    weight 187

Currently dl'ing 255 for 3 reps x 8 sets
    Goals:
    350 lb deadlift by Feb. 2007

"Squats and milk and nevermind if the principle is twenty years old." -Randall J. Strossen

"They don't know much about nutritional science, but they know enough to stick to the three basic food groups: Tex-Mex, Cajun and ranch." -Paul Kelso