Thread: I'm not motivated to work out...I wonder if you can change my thinking

Climax of Intellect WillyTheGreat's Avatar

I'm not motivated to work out...I wonder if you can change my thinking

Ah, after the summer I've been the laziest ****. I do no sport and don't work out at all. I know I want to but it seems like so much extraneous work other than working out (namely the cooking and diet) that's disheartening me.

Well, there is another reason...I have a bench in my room but I don't have sufficient room to work out and even if I did, I think I might've outgrown my bench so I need a membership and I'd ask my Dad for some cash for it but I was signed up a couple times a couple years ago and really didn't do much with it so I doubt he'd want to invest in it AGAIN (especially after those college books). So, I need a job which I don't have to pay for a membership.

I guess all this comes down to me having a job because I don't want to ask my Dad for money anymore, especially for things that require more cash than like 20 bucks so...does anyone have a job for me so I can pursue my goals? =) Seriously, if anyone in Los Angeles has a job offer, I'll send you my resume.

I need to start working out but I need money first and don't tell me no money is needed because as I mentioned in a thread I made a couple weeks ago, I don't think weightlifting is for those who have no money or not very much money.

A. F.
    well dude u already know i'm right by you so..

what kind of skills do you have? what sort of experience associated with those skills (don't mean phone numbers and names...)?

yeah you're 20 or so, so you need a job you lazy bum

check out recycler.com - they have nice jobs in our area.. also: monster.com, careerbuilder.com, latimes.com, dailynews.com...

lol spawn.

Seriously your in college? Your college most likely has a gym. I know the community college I went to had one, it was ok nothing great, ok the gym sucked ass but it was a gym and it was free.

A. F.
    heh what did i say ?

i'm serious.. he's probably 4 minutes away from me and since i just went through the whole job process i could proly help him out..

sc.com?

That's so weird, I think, that you brought up the school gym thing...ya, we have one and I've been trying to sign up for the class that lets me use the stuff but I can't find the damn classroom or it's not open so I just thought I should get a job and membership...regardless of where I work out, I still need a job.

Whoa, thanks Spawn! Hmm...I can type pretty fast (about 65 WPM), I can lift boxes, I can tutor in certain subjects, I can speak well in front of crowds, and I work hard.

...I've been using the Recycler website for a while and I'd never noticed that employment thing, lol. I've tried latimes.com and monster.com and most of the jobs are stuff I am not eligible for or not qualified.

By the way, I'm 19.

A. F.
    ok dude here's a fact for u.. Home Depot is now hiring.

they are ALWAYS looking for people who're good with people (something u are and i'm not), and since you can lift heavy boxes you might start off somewhere in the receiving department.

there's a home depot on san fernando/harvard... when you enter from the entrance close to harvard (not the main-middle one), you'll see the return department.. to the right there will be 2 computer stations.. go there, fill out your info and take one of their tests, and hopefully they'll call you in for an interview.

Also, go to the job center on Central rd. right by Los Felis.. its next to the Vons and the Pizza Hut.. sign up for it.. they'll ask you to attent one of their seminars, then enter you into their database and you can search for a LOT of jobs there... a lot of jobs that you can't see on latimes.com or whatever..

drive around dude.. i was considering a warehouse job because its a very nice way to get lean/strong...

check out recycler.com jobs again, they always have some starter places.. and try home depot.

Starting all over again :(
    I kind of went through the same thing you are going through. My pops doesnt give me any money and I have to pay for my books and the extra money I saved up for a gym membership I ended up spending on a hotel room for a few days w/ my girl. So I just decided I would work out in my schools crappy gym. It sux's ass but its FREE!!!! thats the best price.

btw, I need a new job too. But where do people my age (im 20) work at that pays pretty good?

drive around dude.. i was considering a warehouse job because its a very nice way to get lean/strong...
    Man, I was thinking the same thing!!!

Damn, dude, you helped out a lot, I really do appreciate it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh ya, I'm pretty sure I know where that HD is...it's the one by the Moonlight Rollerway, right? haha.

Jilla...if you can type, you might be able to get some sort of receptionist job at about 10$-12$ an hour...especially if you got experience which is something I really don't.

...has lost his saucepan
    I have a warehouse job, I used to find it counterproductive though since 9 times out of 10 my arms were too tired to workout after work, after a while your body just gets used to it though.
    HelP mY HeaD iS sTucK tO Teh D0oR

oOne in five hundred women have 3 nipples.
    oA cockrach will live 9 days without its head before it starves to death.
    oThe average man spends 27 hours a year having sex.
    oA pigs orgasm lasts for around 30 minuites.

oMy flash - Dancin simpsons | kill grampa | kill barney
    oLinks - Email me | My journal | Gurn.net | Trance.nu