The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Disgraceful!!!!

Disgraceful!!!!

Islamic conference delegates call Sept 11 attacks legitimate
    The speakers at a controversial Islamic conference on September 11 in London have called the attacks legitimate.

Britain and the US were also threatened with suicide attacks "everywhere" if they continue to inflame Muslim opinion.

Radical imam Abu Hamza al-Masri said: "If you were on the agenda you would see suicide bombings everywhere, just like in Israel.

"So it's simple, stay away and preserve your people."

Dr Muhammad Al-Mass'ari, Secretary General of the Commission for the Defence of Legitimate Rights, echoed the comments, adding that Osama bin Laden is a "hero".

The conference, called September 11: A Towering Day in History, was initially held up by a stand-off between delegates and protesters from the British National Party.

They demonstrators dispersed from Finsbury Park mosque shortly before 10.30pm and the waiting media were then invited inside.

They were directed down into what one man waiting on the steps described as "Ground Zero" - an empty basement with a table where the speakers held court.

During an hour-long press conference, Abu Hamza described September 11 as a "turning point" and accused George Bush of "stretching" the terrorist attacks to justify a global war.

His comments were then echoed by Dr Al-Mass'ari, who said: "I agree, maybe it (September 11) wasn't the wisest thing, but legitimate, yes." He added that Osama bin Laden is "a fighter and fighting according to his beliefs. Anyone who fights according to his beliefs is a hero".

I ******* hate these people.

D221
    "Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

unbelievable
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    You know what I'd REALLY love? How about if some Rev. Eric Camden lookalike middle-class white boy walked into that conference room and blew himself up, killing all of those *************? Those ****sucking bastards wouldn't see it coming, would they. Pieces of ****.
    Last edited by Gyno Rhino; 09-12-2002 at 08:10 AM.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

THAT WUD BE GREAT RHINO.
    "Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body"

Islam is a militant religion. Not peaceful at all. And Eric Camdom needs to be shot!!!!! I hate 7th heaven!!!!!!!!!

Islam by nature is not militant. Nor is Christianity. But in ORGANIZED practice, they have both become that way.

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"

Pearls of Wisdom...

the kuran or quran however you spell it is very militant. Below are some quotes from the kuran or quran. I have sorta given my resonce to a couple of them the rest are kinda self explanitory.

"Those that make war against God and His apostle and spread disorder in the land shall be slain or crucified or have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or be banished from the land" The Table #32

"You shall not kill a man whom God has forbidden you to kill, except for a just cause." The Night Journey 17:~33
    ***Killing in the name of god is ok?***

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." The Cow 2:216
    ***jihaad is military not spiritual***

"Let those who would exchange the life of this world for the hereafter, fight for the cause of God; whoever fights for the cause of God, whether he dies or triumphs, on him We shall bestow a rich recompense." Women 4:74
    ***can easily be used to make a suicide bomber***

"When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield strike off their heads and, when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly. Then grant them their freedom or take a ransom from them, until War has laid down her burdens."
    Muhammad (47) #4

"Therefore do not falter or sue [or call] for peace when you have gained the upper hand" Mohammad (47) #34

"Believers, do not befriend your fathers or your brothers if they choose unbelief in preference to faith. Wrongdoers are those that befriend them." Repentance (3)#23

Simplistic
    They also don't differentiate between civilian and military targets. One of the reasons they justify targeting civilians is that they consider anyone who disagrees with them to be a soldier against them. So even a baby or a pregnant woman would be considered a soldier. Sick.

disgusting.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Good point Neil. Very sick, and warped people.

You are calling Muslims sick and warped people? Or just the extremists?

And as for your quotes, they are half-truth. There are quotes just as naughty in the Old Testament of the Bible. If you take them out of context and don't look at the situation/time/reason etc that they are spoken, all you get is a half-truth. For instance, look at the story of Issac and Pop in the Bible. Brutal? I'd say yes. How about a religion that tells you to go and kill your son with a stone knife? But wait, that isn't what it's all about (I'm not going to elaborate further on the story). You think that there isn't a misinformed Muslim out there posting that that story and its passages are evidence that Christianity is more militant than Islam? I'm sure there is. And that leads to misunderstanding.

To think that Islam is any more brutal in basis than Christianity means one of two things: a) You are misinformed on the subject of Islam, or b) You are Christian.

To think that Christianity is any more brutal in basis than Islam means one of two things: a) You are misinformed on the subject of Christianity, or b) You are Islamic.

Pearls of Wisdom...

:withstupi

i remember railing against muslims when i was younger, because for most of my life, muslims (and the IRA, I guess) were behind the terrorism int he world. And my dad used to tell me, it wasn't Islam, it's fundamentalists. and no matter what religion, fundamentalism is dangerous thing.

Its not a matter of not knowing islam because veery few do, im sure most in this thread don't know a lot about islam. Yes there a few brutal stories in the old testament. But the difference between the bible and the kuran/quran is that the kuran is telling people to go out and kill people the bible condems those actions. That is why islam is militant in my eyes.

Who says you have to be a scholar to understand that islam is not peaceful? When has it ever been peacueful? There telling there followers its ok to kill people. How is that peaceful? I just don't buy it im sorry.

Simplistic
    Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
    You are calling Muslims sick and warped people? Or just the extremists?

To think that Islam is any more brutal in basis than Christianity means one of two things: a) You are misinformed on the subject of Islam, or b) You are Christian.

To think that Christianity is any more brutal in basis than Islam means one of two things: a) You are misinformed on the subject of Christianity, or b) You are Islamic.
    The non extremists are the minority. Most muslims will not be martyrs, but they support the ones that are. I cannot speak to the difference in extremism between Chrisrianity and Islam being that I am neither. I can say however that I do not fear Christian extremism. Muslim leaders do not openly denounce acts of terror. Whenever some Christian nut shoots an abortion clinic doctor Christian leaders openly and very clearly denounce the act. The next time you see some Muslim leader being interviewed on TV watch the way he dodges questions and dances around directly answering them.

Dead Sexy Member
    Absolutely disgusting, yet doesn't surprise me in the least.

Dead Sexy Member
    Neil, also very well said.

It's all about perspective.

You see the whacko muslims (many of which are in power, NOT a democratic process in the least) on TV spouting off about yadda yadda yadda. You make the mistake in many cases of believeing that these people are touting Islam for the sake of Islam and not for their own progress, and that 99% of Islamics feel the same way.

They see the whacko christians (many of which are in power from abusing young boys [heh, couldn't help but throw that in there]) on TV spouting the same stuff you guys are about how Islam is militant and promotes death and yadda yadda yadda. They make the mistake of thinking that 99% of Christians have the same viewpoint.

You see the moronic kids in the streets yelling "Kill America!" and such...

They see the redneck retards in the streets yelling "**** Arabs!" and such...

You see the islam in their governments.
    They see "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance.

We're all just different. At any given time, there will be some religion that has people in power that cause trouble. About 1000 years ago, lots and lots of Muslims were killed in the name of Jesus in the Crusades. About 3-4000 years ago, lots of Jews were killed by Egyptians. About 1800 years ago, lots of Christians were killed by Romans. Today, there are some Islamic extremists in power in the Middle East that are hell bent on destroying Christianity. Think about this:

How many Muslims do you know here in America that want all followers of the Christian faith to be slain? How many? Did you ever stop to think that maybe it isn't Islam that promotes the death and destruction, maybe it's extremist leaders in power that violate their own people?

The sad truth is that organized monotheistic religions have a nasty history, and probably a nasty future as well, of killing in the name of "the one true" deity.

Pearls of Wisdom...

Dead Sexy Member
    The issue here Gyno is that most these wackos are the leaders of the countries and teach the people of their countries the same barbaric ways as they believe.

G-d forbid an Muslim country would condone a suicide bombing which kills dozens of innocent lives.

There you go. You said it.

Islam itself is not bad.

Christianity itself is not bad.

But when you get a leader in power that uses a corrupted, organized version of either religion to gain whatever he may want (be it domination, destruction, etc), it IS bad. And that will work with any religion.

Pearls of Wisdom...

Hitler was Christian right?

Dead Sexy Member
    yes

This may seem disturbing to some people, but the fact is the Koran has many many extremely disturbing passages, which cannot be justified in any context.

the Prophet Mohammed married a six year old girl and consummated the marriage when she was nine.
    The Prophet Mohammed murdered a mere poet for throwing in a few derogatory lines. Gosh...he couldn't even prevent himself from lusting over his own daughter in law..

The testimony of a woman in court is equal to half of a man's, in Islam....he had 9 wives, whereas he set the number of four as the limit for the amount of wives a muslim can have. He promised a "jannat" (means heaven in Urdu) for the Mujahideen (holy warriors) which would include 72 virgins if they fought virtuously and died in battle. etc...etc..

i could bore you guys with many more examples, I've read many different versions of the koran in two languages (english and urdu). The point is that Islam is not intrinsically a peaceful religion, it was created in an arid desert inhabited by wild, uncivilized people. You can argue that Christianity had the same elements of violence in its Old Testament, and to some extent, I would agree with you. However, Christianity changed alot during the Reformation, the enlightenment, Renaissance, and the end result is what we have today: Christians, at least over here in the US, are a pretty secular lot, for the most part.
    I really don't care at ALL what is written in one's structures, so long as it doesn't harm me or those around me. For many Muslims, Islam is not just a religion, but a complete way of life. Thats the crux of the issue. This is why Muslims (many of them) have such a problem getting along with people, anywhere they go. This is why almost every Islamic country is headed by a military dictator..... although i can't blame them, Their right to think freely and rationally was squashed from the start.

I have nothing against Muslim people, because they can be just as good as anyone else. I have plenty of Muslim friends myself. However I hate the ideology of Islam with a passion, as it has managed to ruin so many lives and pervert so many minds against humanity. There are certain spin off sects of Islam which are humanist in their outlook...such as Sufis, or Ahmadiyas.... but they are completely shunned by the Muslim orthodoxy. Islam is currently in the state that Christianity was in the Middle Ages, but sadly, I don't know how effective social reform would be in undoing the centuries of brainwashing by Muslim Mullahs and Imams..... Most Muslims would never ever accept such a proposal or work towards such an effort. Even if such a reform happened, the remaining "good principles" of Islam would be too small to even bother calling a religion anymore

Social ills, terrorism, and other problems are gonna afflict Muslims for a long time..and sadly, give the the good muslims of this world a very terrible stigma.

Anyone who gets offended by this, I didn't intend to be a dick...i know religion is an emotional topic. I personalyl think that all religions have their stupid aspects, and feel even more strongly about Islam, so I just had to add my two cents

That's a very good post, RisingPhoenix.

I'm not going to pick it apart and reply on every point, because this has been done in many threads before this one.

I think people should realize that every downfall you listed above is due to social issues (whatever those may be), not due to the religion itself. Reading your post, almost everything you say can also be said of Christianity (you mentioned this yourself).

Practicing Christianity has changed quite a bit over the last few hundred years, but the fundamentals are still there. Same is said of Islam. Islam has changed in a bad way (much like Christianity did in the Middle Ages). Hopefully in the future (who knows how near) the areas that are predominantly Muslim can and will grow socially and technologically enough to allow a new "renaissance" of sorts to occur there.

Pearls of Wisdom...

Dead Sexy Member
    Thought this was interesting and fit into the theme of this thread.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...eera_omar_dc_5