The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't know if this is a hint or not......

got this via email:

The Rules -- This Time By Men

We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note .. these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us bitching about you leaving it down.

1. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!

1. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

1. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Don't cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you're stuck with her.

1 . Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

1. We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

1. Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that last for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

1. Check your oil! Please.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We refuse to answer.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it's genetic.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

1. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as F1, CART vs IRL,or turbo vs supercharging.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. Foreign films are best left to foreigners. (Unless it's Bruce Lee or some war flick where it doesn't really matter what the hell they're saying anyway.)

1. It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz together. No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

1. BEER is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

1. I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape.

Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know we really don't mind that, it's like camping.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

"If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle."

When women do that it drives me nucking futs.

BTW everyone of those rules are true, except the last.

we had a work party last night (new boss)

there are 20 girls (15-18) working there and 3 guys;

THE NEW BOSS STUCK THAT ON THE WALL BWHAHAHAHAHAH!!
    'you cant avoid confrontation in life. it just makes things more trouble down the road. sometimes you have to look at the bull and say "f--k you bull" and grab that bull by the horns'

-Shane

*lol* i know.

Those are great!
    peace-

Craig

*1. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. *

LOL, this one was the biggie with me and my ex. Notice I said ex......she never did GET OVER IT

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

this one used to irk the hell out of me. I had to start documenting his lies so i could keep track of them, since that dimwit forgot.

lol. excellent

Dead Sexy Member
    Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

hahahahahhaha

Banned
    Originally posted by Tryska
    this one used to irk the hell out of me. I had to start documenting his lies so i could keep track of them, since that dimwit forgot.

your rolling your eyes at me or the situation?

Originally posted by Tryska

6 months? BS, my mom's neighbor used to give hell to her husband for things he did 40 fck'n years ago! My wife still bugs me for things I did more than 5 years ago. There's no time limit, if you f***ed up they will remember, that's for sure
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

your going agaisnt the code for your gender edgar.

but yeah....sorry....we're funny just funny that way. somebody's got to remember stuff.

I'm not againt the code, Tryska. On the contrary I totally agre, I would even go as far as suggesting not to be liable for anything I said or did 3 days ago. I'm just looking for an explanation, even tho I know there isn't one, a logical one I mean.
    Edgar V.

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

an explanation of why you forget your own mistakes, and someone else remembers?

do you not remember other people's mistakes? or goof-ups or whatever?

it's just easier to remember other people's stuff than it is your own, i think.

But women remember for soooooooo long, way too long
    Edgar V.

men do too. as long it's something you (meaning the woman) did.

or evens tuff you didn't do, but some other woman did to them. a man will still remember it and transfer it on to you. (which imo, is truly illogical)

Right. And the reverse also applies.

This debate is stupid.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

yeah i was gonna mention that part too.

both genders do it.

Well, looks like we have finally reached an agreement
    Edgar V.

I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape

lol i'm gonna put that in my sig

1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

Please learn this all you women, please...
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Ecoli die
    Bump.
    Just a reminder. I had to look this back up because my girlfriend just reminded me of something I did 2 years ago.

Think is, I had to remind her that it was something she had DREAM that I did. Damn near broke us up.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.