Thread: Measuring Up

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy

Measuring Up

I took this pic actually about 3 weeks ago. WBB has talked about measuring wrong, I would like you guys to tell me if its right or not.

Thanks
    GG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GeneticallyGifted; 09-18-2002 at 12:44 PM.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

That looks totally correct, and that is how I do it, only I have my wrist a bit more away from my shoulder.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

I just measured my forearms, elbo was locked, they were 34 1/2 cm how much is that?
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

13.5 inches, I think. (Memory serves that it's 2.54cm/inch).

Could be wrong.

Banned
    34.5cm = 13.58", Rock.

There are 2.54cm to one inch. Just divide all your measurements in cm by 2.54 to get appropriate measurements in inches.

ah ok, didnt mean too steal your thread, GG that was very unpolite of me, very good arm at such low bodyfat, you are truly a genetic wonder, 8 months of training and almost 18inch arms.

Amazing.

* hangs his head in shame*
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Holy crap that's a big arm for the kinda of bodyfat you cart around! 17.5 inches?

But your biceps overpower your triceps by what I can tell from this pic and your rear double bicep shot in your other thread - your rear delts sit down much mroe than the triceps.
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 09-18-2002 at 06:40 PM.

It's not quite correct. The tape needs to run perpendicular to the humerus (upper arm bone). In that picture you have the tape at an angle which will increase the measurement.

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Hey Chris, I'm not sure I understand. Do you have a pic of the correct measurement type. I thought that was the correct way. That is how I was shown, and see most people do it. That is why I asked to see if this was correct.

I'm sure what you mean by angling in that pic. It looks straight up and down to me. Which way is it angled?

GG
    Last edited by GeneticallyGifted; 09-24-2002 at 10:44 AM.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Ok, look at the picture. The section of tape on the lower half of your arm veers outwards towards your hand. This increases the measurement as you are not directly measuring the circumference. Your upper arm should be parallel to the ground and the tape should be a a right anle to your upper arm all of the way around.

Oh, nevertheless, it looks good!
    Last edited by chris mason; 09-24-2002 at 04:00 PM.

Is it correct that you're supposed to have your elbow joint bent 90 degrees from your upper arm when you flex for a correct measurement?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

You can bend further, as he did in the photo, that is ok.

You will also get a more accurate measurement with a narrower tape measure or a piece of string (that does not stretch). A wide tape does not wrap around the contours too well. Great arm.
    " Eat to grow, Progression to get stronger " - mesmall

whicked arm!