Thread: Genetics

Hybrid View

Genetics

My legs respond really well to training and i obviously have a gift in that area in the past 5 months ive taken my leg size from 21" to 25.5"

But my upper body seems to be very sluggish in growing and leaves me a bit out of proportion, if i can build well in my legs surely i am producing lots of the right hormones etc... but why does my upper body remain like this, is it due to messages sent to the muscles or is my training wrong?
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Sometimes certain muscles just respond better. For me, it is my chest and triceps. For you it is your legs. Just keep working hard on your other body parts and they will get better.

yeah i suppose its too early as ive only been training for 5 months, just surprised at the gains ive achived in my legs even tho i thought that my legs were not upto much.

Blue veined member !
    You answered the question in the thread title, I doubt it`s your training that is hindering upper body growth.

I`m sure your upper body WILL grow, it just wont respond as rapid as your legs do if the problem is genetic. I have excellent traps, they respond to anything, I fart... my traps grow, my legs on the other hand are terribly skinny and wont grow an inch.

Just make sure you dont give up cause you have poor genetics.
    As long as you stick to the good old criteria of training hard using progressive resistance, getting sufficient rest, eating adequate amount of calories, plenty of water etc.. etc..you`ll get there in the end.

I like your signature, very true.
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

I'm lucky in the fact that I played Catcher for 13 years as a baseball player, so I have a great base for which to build my legs on.......and my upper body has always responded very very well.

Blue veined member !
    Sorry craig for sounding like a parrot, you must`ve posted same time as me ! Oh and Ron what do you expect after 5 month you impatient sod? Hehe only kidding mate, you have mede excellent progress on your pins. Your legs are bigger than mine and I`ve been training them for five years
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

thats true, maybe somewhat impatient i just thought that if my legs responded so well why havent my arms done as well but you've answered it 4 me.

Hellrazor how old are you? you look bigger than 176lbs in your pics u posted.

i suppose time is the key i mean did anyone see an Olympia champion before 23, its more like 35

quote "I fart... my traps grow" (if only)

Grasshoppa
    Hehe, my legs and chest respond pretty well. You can take a knife to my obliques and dig thru all the fatness though.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Blue veined member !
    Ron I`m 22 mate, yeah I was 175 then, at the minute I`m weighing around 192 due to a bit of water retention ( yep i`m on a cycle ).

Just been looking at your pics, some nice progress in such a short time but sh!t mate find a sunbed quick you look like that dude off the film " powder " hehehe.

no them pics were taken in early july ive made much more progress since then, as soon as i get some recent pics done i'll post em, im just trying too build, im not too bothered about doing pics alot, dont worry i no longer have the casper look, got a pretty decent tan now.

where on your leg do you measure?

at the top of my thigh round the back of the upper hami. why did u ask?