Bespoke Super Mod
    31/12

DE Bench
    Speed Bench 8x3, 3xclose, 2xmedium, 3xwide, followed by a single
    Lying Db Extensions 20lbs 4x8
    Tri-set delt combo(Front, side, rear) 5's 20,20,20 5's 20, 20,20
    Db Rows 66lbs 3x7
    Rotators

Worked out at home for the first time in a hell of long time today, so I was a bit limited to what I could do. The workout in itself was pretty good. I decided to do 3sets of wide because that is what I'm weakest on I would say. The single at the end was the fastest yet, should really up the weight on the that as well as maybe the triples.

Lying Db extensions were done with aboout 30-45secs rest between sets

DE Sq/Dl Wednesday

Oh and Happy new year to everybody
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Bespoke Super Mod
    02/01

DE Sq/Dl
    Speed Box squats 121lbs 10x2, 176lbsx1
    Good Morning's 143 2x8
    Pull throughs 66lbs 20,21
    2 sets BB shrugs
    Abs
    1 set standing abs
    2 sets leg raises
    High cable side bends

The squats were extremely fast and I was fairly happy with the workout. The gym was fairly dead when I hit it this afternoon.

I finally ordered some of the Westside vids.

ME Bench Thursday
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

Il mio mam mangia il suo spagettii con le chiavi di automobile.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Bespoke Super Mod
    03/12

ME Bench
    Close grip Bench
    Flat Db press 66lb'ers 2x5
    Reverse grip pushodown 44lbs 3x15
    Chins 2sets@bw 2 sets weighted

Not a bad workout. The gym needs bigger dumbells but unforunately I've had this convo already with the manager and it's a no go.

One point when I needed a spot, I had to ask the kid who was behind the counter as the gym was fairly quiet and he say's "what you doing", I said close grip. He replied for the tri's and inner chest. I cringed and explained that you can't isoate parts of the chest FULL STOP

The reverse grip pushdowns were done using the lat pulldown with a straight bar instead the cables. Rest was about 30 secs in between each set. My tri's were knackered by that point.

ME Sq/Dl Saturday
    Last edited by FAngel; 01-04-2002 at 01:05 PM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    05/12

ME SQ/Dl
    Good Morning Squats 269.5lbsx1, 275lbs failed
    Pull throughs 88lbs 11,10
    4 Sets of abs
    2 sets of Obliques.

Beat the good morning squat set last week by 5.5lbs. On the 275 the good morning part of movement was better than expected but still feels like a dead weight, anyway when I went into the squat hitting rock bottom, nothing, was stuck and could not do anything else. Depending on how things go next month a near or double bodyweight squat is a possibility.

Weight 144. At the moment I'm happy staying in and around this weight, but after I max next month I will revert back to a more BB orientated programme.
    Last edited by FAngel; 01-05-2002 at 07:39 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

it'd be cool if you could add another 50 or so lb to your deadlift fran.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

your one small little guy.... 144 lbs, i eat meals heavier than that.

your a lot stronger and leaner still

he maybe small, but remember that if you removed his willy, he'd only weigh 80lbs.

Bespoke Super Mod
    Like I said Reinier, I will revert back to a BB routine next month and gain back more weight and be back to where I was in no time.

Rob- Yeah, the extra 50 would be great for my dead. But at present I want that 3 plate squat and that's probably more important to me. Oh and on the other comment Shhh...
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    07/01

DE Bench
    Speed Bench 8x3 3 close 2 medium 3 wide followed by single
    Lying db extensions 25lbs 4x6
    Tri-set delt combo 10lbs 15,15,15 15,15,15
    Db Rows 66lbs 3x9
    Rotators

Worked out at home again so was pretty limited. The workout was a pretty quick one today.

I also received the Westside vids that I ordered on New Years eve (1 week US to UK), and the prices they gave me on the receipt were not the same as quoted on the site, it was far less cheaper which was one hell of a relief.

Bumped up my cals over the weekend also.

DE SD/Dl Wednesday
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    09/01

DE SQ/Dl

Box squats: 132lbs 9x2, 176lbsx1
    Zercher squats 176lbsx8 198lbsx4
    Pull throughs 88lbsx18 110lbsx7
    2 sets Staning calves
    5 sets of Abs
    2 sets of obliques

ME Bench Thursday
    Last edited by FAngel; 01-09-2002 at 12:10 PM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    10/01

ME Bench
    Close Grip Bench
    Flat Db press 66lbs 2x6
    Reverse grip pushdowns 55lbs 3x12
    Chins 2xbw, 2 x weighted

Reverse grip pushdown were once again done on the using the lat pulldown, with about 30 secs rest in between sets.

ME Sq/Dl Saturday
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    12/01

ME SQ/Dl
    Arched Back Good Am's:286x3, 308 Failed
    Kneeling Squats 176lbs 2x8
    2 sets barbell holds
    3 sets of abs
    2 sets of Obliques

The arched back good am's were ace, though I missed the 3 plated attempt. The actual weight seemed far lighter than I expected, when I went into the movement things looked good, but reversing it proved another story altogether. Anyway, I'm determined that the 308 won't get the better of me next week.

First time also doing the kneeling squats. I could probably manage quite a bit more weight here.

DE Bench Monday
    Last edited by FAngel; 01-12-2002 at 06:14 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Great job on the arch backs!
    How did you do the kneeling squats? like in the video or did you put your shins on a low bench/platform so your feet hung off it?
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Bespoke Super Mod
    Like they were shown in the Deadlift Secrets vid.

Those vids are excellent for motivation
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    14/11

DE Bench
    Speed Bench 8x3, followed by a very quick single today
    Military Press 2x6 121lbs
    Seated Db Power Cleans 3x7 22lbs
    Lying Db Extensions 4x10 22lbs (20secs rest between sets)
    Lat pulldown 3x7 176lbs
    2 sets of Db curls

Also measured the positioning for my Rack lockouts on Thursday, the pin holes are about 3 inches between each other.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    16/01

DE SQ/Dl
    Speed Box squats 9x2 143lbs, 176 x1
    Zercher squats 203.5lbs 5,4
    Pull throughs 99lbsx21, 110x14
    2 sets of standing calves
    5 sets of abs
    3 sets of obliques

Good workout today. By the time of the second set of Zerchers I was wiped.

Some of the ab sets were statically done, I need to incorporate far more of these into my routine.

ME Bench Thursday
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Wannabebig Member
    which westside videos do you have? which ones do you suggest?i was thinking about getting them, they worth the money?
    It's not quantity, it's quality!

Bespoke Super Mod
    I gave myself a late xmas present and purchased the package which included the following:-

The Squat workout (2 Vids)
    The Bench Workout (2 vids)
    Deadlift secrets
    Bench Secrets
    Squat Secrets

The secret series of vids are excellent and really helped to master the correct technique. The squat and bench workout are also brilliant and for motivation are ace.

There is also the reactive method vid which shows how to use the bands and chains properly, but this is also shown on some of the vids to a certain extent, but I did not purchase that one
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

I have the squat workout, squat secrets, dead secrets, bench workout, and reactive method.
    There all awesome but I love the squat workout!
    Im still trying to get my hands on the seminar

How good is bench secrets compared to the bench workout?
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Bespoke Super Mod
    17/01

Rack Lockouts(Close) 4" 275x1, 286 failed
    Close grip Bench 3x5
    Front plate raises 22lbs 3x12
    Seated Cable rows 132lbs 2x8, 154lbs 1x5

Good workout.

When I went over to do close grip, I unracked it and it felt bloody light as a feather.

Damn foo-foo gym most people were asking what I was doing with the rack lockouts.

I personally think it's a great vid Adam, and worth the money.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    ME SQ/Dl
    Arched Back Good Am's 291.5lbsx3, 308lbsx3, 330x1
    Kneeling squats 2x8 198lbs
    2 sets of barbell holds
    5 sets of abs(2 of these were static)
    3 sets obliques( Some reps were statically done)

Ace, beat the triple from last week with relative ease. Then I moved upto 330, first rep perfect, back into starting position and for some reason could not hold it any longer, so had to let go

Weight: Erm...Since starting westside I've noticed that I need a hell of a lot more calories in order to gain then when compared to a normal 3 or 4 day BB routine. I could easily gain on 2100 on a 3 day split, all sets to failure. The 4 day split needed more but even though I was going to failure, I only would need a little more in order to gain.

Anyway tonight I have a 21st pub crawl to goto tonight, should be fun considering the guy who is having his birthday is banned from nearly all of the pub/clubs in the area for his drunken behaviour, lol. So should be fun
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Ace job on the GM's!!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Bespoke Super Mod
    Cheers Latty

The pub crawl was ace

21/01
    DE Bench
    Speed Bench 8x3, followed by single
    Military press 121lbs 2x7
    Seated Db power cleans 22lbs 3x10
    Lying db extensions 27.5lbs 2x8, 2x6
    Lat pulldowns 181.5lbs 3x9
    2 sets Db curls
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Once you go back to BBing fran, you are gonna erupt with size.