Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FAngel Journal + Westside

Bespoke Super Mod
    Hey,

Currently trying to gain lean muscle
    Total Calories: 3200, was on 3400 before
    Age 19
    Height 5"3
    Weight: 145lbs, My goal is to get to 12stone, which is 168lbs with about 6 to 8 % bodyfat, but im in no rush to get there. And with Miss A helping me i have already progressed so far in such a short space of time.

I have been lifting since i was 16 but did not realise how important my diet was (i've never liked fast food, but back then i used to eat so much with my mums homemade sauce) and only really did it to keep fit. Not till about June 1999 I started to become more serious and I started counting calories in September 2000. I also used to be 126lbs or 9 stone

Training: Currently on the Wannabebig routine and progressing each and every workout

Today Wednesday 24th Jan
    Squats: 181.5lbs(82.5kg) x 6 (My goal for squats is to be able to squat at least 100kg = 220lbs
    Stiff Leg dead lifts went up today
    Leg press went up today

Sleep: Sleep has been very restless over the last couple of weeks and I have not slept right through the night in a hell of long time, I usually wake up a minimum of three times a night and thats on a good night. So I ordered to ZMA and see if that could help me at all

Diet: I eat 7 times a day
    My diet consists of the following things
    Egg whites (about 3 yolks a day)
    Lean Steak Mince
    Venison (love the stuff)
    Lean Chicken Mince
    Chicken breasts
    Turkey Steak
    Lean Turkey Mince
    Tuna
    Salmon

Red Kidney Beans
    Red lentils
    Soya beans
    Chick Peas
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower

Oatmeal
    Wholewheat Pasta
    Sweet Potato

Natural Peanut butter, cruncy and smooth
    Natural Hazlenut butter
    Natural Almond Butter
    Natural Cashew butter
    Natural Tahini butter (stuff tastes like pure poo)
    Almonds
    Walnuts
    Cashews
    Hazlenuts
    Flax Oil

Supps: Prolab Isolate whey
    1 x Multivitamin per day
    2g vitamin c daily, 1 g post workout
    10g Prolab Glutamine, 5g Post workout
    Nlarge2
    Eas ZMA HP, only got this through the post today and not going to take 4 capsules prior to workout, just the 4 capsules 30 mins before bedtime. Mainly just taking it for my sleep.

Tomorrow is a grow day, But friday is shoulders, bi's and tri's hoping to increase my military press, barbell curl and my skull crushers (not really a fan of skull crushers)

Later
    Francesco

[Edited by FAngel on 01-30-2001 at 09:40 AM]

Bespoke Super Mod
    25/01

Today is going fine with all food and supps on time water intake could still be higer.

Took ZMA for the first time last night 30 mins before I went to bed slept a BIT better, took it about 30 mins before I went to bed, started feeling VERY sleepy when i went to bed.

Tomorrow chest shoulders and triceps. Hopefully miltary press and Seated dunbell press will go up, dont think the current routine with skullcrushers and close grip bench is enough for my bench and itt seem like me beloved horseshoe tris are going aghhhhhhhhhhhh , wann go back to old routine ROAR. Bi's going to try and increase my weight o the EZ curl bar. I WILL TRAIN LIKE A BEAST POSSESED SO PEOPLE A THE GYM PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE (Unless its a life or death sitution). Also weekend warriors leave me alone i will give u advice another time.

Ooh me mum's birthday tomorrow. Hope she will like the pressie I got her.

Mafia Fran

[Edited by FAngel on 01-25-2001 at 02:17 PM]

Bespoke Super Mod
    26/01
    Food: All m meals hae been on time today

Supps: All fine

Trainin: Miltary press, close grip bench press increased got more reps on my seated dumbell press. Wantt to change my whole triceps routine though not all that happy with it

Weight is now at 147lbs

Bloke came in the gym who looked the exact double of the ex-wwf wrestler Ivan Putski.

Saturday and Sunday are grow days. Calories ma be increased over the weekend not sure will keep u guys informed.

If Anyone has any comments please feel to post a reply. Cheers

Don Fran

Bespoke Super Mod
    27/01
    Food: All meals on time

Supps: All supps on time

Water inake high so far

Sleep: Woke up at 7a.m could not get back to sleep this morning, had about 30 minute nap this afternoon.

Carba re going to be upped from tomorrow fro 172g to 222g should start to see the food working for me even more on chest and back they on monday

Want a horses head left on your pillow?
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Is there anything at home/work that could be affection your sleep? Stress can play a major role, if you can identify it try to solve it as quickly as possible. Keep up the good work!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Originally posted by FAngel
    25/01

dont think the current routine with skullcrushers and close grip bench is enough for my bench and itt seem like me beloved horseshoe tris are going aghhhhhhhhhhhh
    You ever tried seated skulls? They have worked wonders for me. Maybe for you too...

P.s. My current tri routine:

3 sets seated skulls
    3 sets rope pushdowns ( + 1 drop set)

"Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Bespoke Super Mod
    Cheers Chigs, but im going to stick with the routine for at least another three week and see how i am doing after this period, i might decide to change things.
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    28/01

Meals: All my meal have been on time

Supps: All supps on time and taken.

Sleep: Woke up at 6:45 am today and could not get back to sleep though I did have a good nights sleep overall. Managed to have 25b minute nap in the afternoon.

Water intake is 7 litres so far hoping for somewhere between 9 to 10 today.

I will try and increase my incline dumbell press, deadlift and bent over row tomorrow

[Edited by FAngel on 01-28-2001 at 12:51 PM]
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    29/01

Meals: All my meals were on time

Supps: All taken

Today was chest and back. And i had a hell of a good workout. My bench went up as well as my deadlift , bent over row, weighted dips and my incline dumbell prees , which i was extremely happy about

Gotta try and get some serious sleep tonight

Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    30/01

Meals: Meals 1 and 2 were bother earlier than normal Meal 3 was a bit late today.

I feel bloody exhausted today, I woke up at 4:55am and could not get back to sleep, this ZMA is improving my sleep overall but its making me wake even earlier for some strange reason. Its a good job its a grow day today otherwise i would have had a poor training day.

Water intake could be higher.

Leg day tomorrow my favourite day, hopefully increase on all my excercises. I will keep you informed

Laterz
    Francesco
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    31/01

Food: All my meals have been on time,

Supps: All on time

I woke up earlier than usual once again, its really starting to distress me.

Today was legs day, my fave day.

Anyway My leg Press, stiff legs, leg curl, and standing calve raise went and i was especially pleased about my max on squat I managed 187lbs or 85kg for 6 reps

I asked the owner of the gym today " Will you bbe getting dumbells that are heavier than 30kg (66lbs) in the future, he said, " Nope, we dont want the bodybuilder type who weighs 15 stone" or 210 pounds plus

And I thought I might have to change gyms soon as im progressing

I will inform you how much I weigh and how shoulders, bi's and tri's goes on friday
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

I know this is your journal, and i will delete this post when you reply to it:

1. did you sort out the smilies at your garage music forum?

2. do you feel like the ZMA is working? I think mine is, i'm having really 'heavy' sleep. My wiehgts have gone up too. Pretty much all of my weights! cool eh?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Bespoke Super Mod
    On the Zma I feel that my sleep is much deeper than before,
    Its still early days as i only started it last wednesday, i dont think it has helped with my lifts thus far, but I think it will help in the future.

Yep I know how to do those smilies now. Cheers Geordie Bloke (for some reason I was gonna call you a scouser, that would be a sacrilige)
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Your lucky you corrected yourself matey...or several cans of whoop-ass would be unleashed on your behind!

Bespoke Super Mod
    1/02

Food: Meal 4 was a bit early today but other than that everything was fine.

Water: 8 litres

Shoulder, tri and bi day tomorrow and will tell u about me weight also
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    2/02

Food: All food on time so far

Weight: 148.5lbs

Training: Today I increased the amount of reps on my miltary press, skullcrushers, close grip. And the best thing of all today was that i finally managed 8 reps of 22.5kg (49.5lbs) on seated dubmbell press, two weeks ago i could only manage half a rep, last week 2 and half. I was extremely happy with this.

The Zma is working well my sleep is deeper, and im bubbling full of energy.

Weekend will try and get plenyt off rest ready for chest and back on monday
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Two things:
    1. don't you think the little face i put in just above makes it look i am propositioning you for something (i think you know what i mean!). Ignore any sexual conatation you may derive from it!

2. I pressed 30kg's today

Just thought i'd rub it in somewhat....

Bespoke Super Mod
    3/02

Food: All food on time

Supps: All supps taken so far.

Going to keep the carbs the same and lower my fat and protein slightlty to see what happens, hoepfully lean out a bit more, whilst continuing these strength gains

Learnt today that im going to have someone to train with on wednesday who has not been in the gym ofr a very long time, so i can help him with a few things
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    Food: All meals have been late today as did not get back in to very late this morning, so I slept in a bit longer today

Supps: No Longer on Nlarge, but all other supps taken so far.

Tomorrow is hcest and back day, I will try and increase my dbent over row, deadlift and dips, also looking to increase my amount of reps for incline dumbells

I will make sure I go to bed relatively early tonight, as I feel a bit tired but managed to have a nap in the afternoon.

[Edited by FAngel on 02-04-2001 at 09:56 AM]
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    5/02

Food : All meals were on time

Supps: All Supps taken

Training: Today was good day for chest and back day, I ncreased the reps on my inlince dumbells and also on bent over row. I added weight to my deadlift (still waiting for the straps i ordered to arrive), weighted dips also went up.
    ZMA is real starting to help me in the gym also. My bench also went up

Next week Im going to try and do 27.5kg (60.5lbs) for incline dumbells.

Tomorrow is a grow today, hopefully will try and get some much needed sleep tonight

[Edited by FAngel on 02-06-2001 at 07:12 AM]
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    6/02

Had a pretty good nights sleep, feel a little bit sore. Will update this later.

Update.

Food: Ever since sunday i have been on about 3000 cals, just shows i was not as much of hardgainer as previously thought.
    All food has been on time today.

Supps: All supps taken

Leg day tomorrow, looking forward too my fave day, gonna try and increase the weight on leg press, sldl, and increase reps on leg curl , and my fave SQUAT.

[Edited by FAngel on 02-06-2001 at 03:52 PM]
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    7/02

Food: All food has been on time, For breakfast this morning I usually put my eggs i with my oatmeal and have a protein shake also, but today i added some tuna, i have done this on numerous occasions but today i think i slightly over did the cinnamon to say the least and on the way to the gym i could feel it repeatin on me, after my squats i was so damn close to puking, but lucklily did not

Water has been high

Stiff legs deadlift went up today as well standing calve raises.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    8/02

Food: All food has been on time today

Supps: All supps on time

Water intake has been high

Tomorrow is shoulders, bi's and tri's

Hopefully increase Military press, skullcrushers. Will write my weight here tomorrow
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    9/02
    Food: All food has been on time

Weight: I was 149lbs at the beginning of the week, bit have gone down to 148, but gonna stay with 3000 calories for antother week and see what happens

Training: Today I increased my weight on military press and incresed the weight on my first set of skullcrushers.

Miss A has advised me to have a VERY BIG cheat day tomorrow, ooh whatta to choose
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    10/01 + 11/01

Saturday was cheat day but still kept my water intake high.

Sunday diet was fine, water was high, got plenty of rest

12/01

Food: All food has been on time.

Weight: Little old me now weighs 152lbs or 10 stone 12 lbs

Water: So far water has been fairly high.

Supps: All supps on time and taken

Training: Today was an AWESOME workout, I increased my bench, weigthed dips, bent over rows and deadlifts and also managed 5 reps of 27.5kg (60.5lbs) on incline dumbells, im not going to go onto 30kg (66lb) dumbells until i can get a good solid 8 reps out of 27.5kg.

[Edited by FAngel on 02-12-2001 at 10:08 AM]
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy