The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Bespoke Super Mod
    13/01

Food: All food on time

Supps: All supps on time

Today was a rest day, i was still a bit sore as going all out yesterday to get my personal best on deadlifts took more out me than i thought it would.

I feel a bit better now.

Legs tomorrow can't wait

[Edited by FAngel on 02-13-2001 at 02:15 PM]
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Bespoke Super Mod
    14/01
    Happy Valentines day to everyone

Anyway ARGHHHHHH , i am bloody mad I missed my leg day today because the bloody car played up and I had no other way of getting to the gym

Food: All food was on time

Supps: All supps taken

Got bloody dentist tomorrow so meals may be a bit later than usual

[Edited by FAngel on 02-14-2001 at 01:36 PM]
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

you UKiens...

go do that leg day...

go outside and do some sprints, sprints are anaerobic. do 5 "sets" of the 50 yard dash, you will be hurting tomorrow.

[Edited by Cackerot69 on 02-14-2001 at 03:28 PM]

The reason why your emicon didn't work is because you didn't sepcify which emicon you wanted. I take if from the fact that you had already clicked on turtle, that you wanted this one yes?

"Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Bespoke Super Mod
    15/01

Had to have a filling today, not really to bothered bout more bothered that all my meals are later due to that thing in my mouth

All my meals have been later

And water is extremely low so far

[Edited by FAngel on 02-15-2001 at 10:59 AM]
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    16/01

Weight: 151lbs

Food: All meals on time

Today was a pretty good workout I increased the weight on my military press, side laterals, skull crushers, managed to get 4and a half reps on seated dumbell press for 25kg (55lbs).

I feel a little bit sore after the workout a bit more than i usually do.

Water has been high today

[Edited by FAngel on 02-17-2001 at 04:32 AM]
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    17/02

This was my cheat day but I still kept water high at around 8 litres

Got plenty of rest

18/02

Another rest day today, tomorrow is chest and back, will hopefully increase my bence weighted dip, increase the reps on incline dumbells, increase the weight on dumbells

Water was high a 10.5litres, sunday i manage to to drink extra water, gonna see if i can drink more during the week and weekends also
    Last edited by FAngel; 02-19-2001 at 10:02 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    19/02

Training: Today I increased the reps on my incline dumbell press from 5 to 6 on 27.5kg (60.5lbs).
    I managed to increase m weight on my weighted dips with 15kgs(33lbs) attached to the weight belt for 6

Bent over row increased

Deadlift managed to get 6 reps at 95kg(209lbs)

Increased the weight on my flat bench also
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    20/02

Today was a grow day

I had the worst nights sleep I spent most of it pacing around my room. I had this stabbing pain which was in my left trap down to my left delt and all the way down to my fingers, and the only way it seemed to hure a little less was when I was walking around

Legs tomorrow, cant wait after i missed last weeks due to problems with my car.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    21/02

Just got back from the gym, I increased my squat which is now 87.5kg or 192.5lbs x 6, also increased the weight on my leg press, sldl, and standing calve raises

Tomorrow is a GROW DAY, so i will try and get as much rest as possible

Water has been high
    Last edited by FAngel; 02-22-2001 at 05:08 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    22/02

Today was a rest day, tomorrow i hope to increase my seated dumbell press reps, the weight my miltiary press

Water has been high
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod

" 1 week till the big day"

23/02

Weight: 153lbs

Food: All food has been on time

I increased the weight on my military press, close grip bench press and on my first set of lateral raises. I managed 5 reps of 25kg (55lbs) on seated dumbell press, feel a bit sore.

Gonna get lots of rest over ther weekend , and gonna get plenty of sleep and drinky plenty of water
    Last edited by FAngel; 02-24-2001 at 05:11 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    24/01

My left delt and trap is giving me trouble, once again if i feel this way on monday i think am gonna miss back/ chest day.
    Last edited by FAngel; 02-25-2001 at 02:47 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    25/01

What a day for footy, absolutely brill

Supps: All supss taken

As it was a sunday just sat back most of the day watched the footy and manage to drink an all time high of 16 LITRES

The pain in my delt and traps has gone away, takes more than that to stop me, grrrrr

Tomorrow Chest and Back
    Last edited by FAngel; 02-26-2001 at 11:33 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    26/01 Just for anna 2001 Space Odyssey, lol

This was my face as I walked in the gym ra, true grit and passion.

Training: Today was chest and back day.
    I managed 5 reps of the 60.5lb dumbells on incline last week i managed 6.
    On my dips on my increased the weight on my 1st and 2ns set, 2nd set I got 6 reps with 16.25kg (35.75lbs) attached to the weight belt. When it came to my second set of deads everyone in the gym for some weird reason stopped what they were doing and started watching me, god knows what thats about . Anyway i managed 97.5kg x 5 (214.5)

This was my face when i left the gym
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    26/01

Hmmm...

Food: All the food on time

Supps: They were all taken

Not much to report got leg day tomorrow, yippeeee

Water was high today.

Anyone wanna fill some space feel free
    Last edited by FAngel; 02-28-2001 at 07:46 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Originally posted by FAngel
    Anyone wanna fill some space feel free
    I was wrestling my mate at college today and ended up ripping off half of my thumb nail. nice.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Bespoke Super Mod
    27/01

Ouch, well as long as your ok and you layed the smack down on him then it should be ok.

Training: First set of squats went up ion weight , second set went up in weight to 90kg x5 (198lbs), also increased the weight on my leg press, sldl, standincalve raise

Water has been quite low.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod

Easy now, tomorrow is the big day:)

1/03

Food: All food eaten, some meals a bit later

Supps: All taken

Nothing really much to report though legs are still bit sore, god i love that feeling

Water has been low so far
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod

Birthday

2/03

Weight : 153lbs

Food: All food was on time]

Training: I increased the reps from 5 to 6 on seated dumbell press for the 55 pounders, increased the weight on my military press

My energy has not been the same a the last couple of weeks, so from sunday, ratios have been changed. Also calories are now going to be at 2910
    Last edited by FAngel; 03-04-2001 at 03:52 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Rememeber to add your 4+ hours of cardio tonight - add another 2 minutes for the sex you have hahaha...and 1 minute 30 seconds of that will be you trying to whip your pants off in a drunken stupor!!

Hahahaha...

Bespoke Super Mod
    3/03

Cheers for that comment Bobby Dazzler

Nothing to really report on this day

4/03

Got up later than usual

Meal: All meals were eaten but were way later than usual

Waters was high but not as high as last sunday.

Chest and back tomorrow
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod

Happy 20th Birthday Claire:)

5/03

I started the new ratios yesterday and my energy is back to as it was a couple of weeks ago, bubbling full of it

Food: All meals were on time

Training: Increased the reps on my bench, chins, Increased the weight on my deads to 100kg(220lbs)x5, i felt i could of done more if it was not for my sodding grip. Also increased the weight on weighted dips

Water has been high.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Who is Claire?

And how the feck do you know my nick name?

Bespoke Super Mod
    06/03

Claire is one of my best mates who i've known since i was about 8.

Today is a grow day.

Food: All food has been on time

Leg day tomorrow
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy