The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Bespoke Super Mod
    7/03

Food: All meals are ont time

Supps: All supps taken

Training: Increased my first set and second set of squats, last week i got 6 reps of 90kg and was debating wheather i was up to it to 92.5kg or 95kg. I felt strong enough so I went for 95kg(209lbs) and got 5 good reps.

I increased the weight on my first and second set of leg presses

I also increased the weight on my first and second set o sldl. 2nd set was 80kg(176lbs) x 6

Also incresed the weight on all m sets of standing calve raises

Grow day tomorrow
    Last edited by FAngel; 03-07-2001 at 10:32 AM.
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Bespoke Super Mod
    8/03

Food: All meals on time

Water has been high

Tomorrow i am taking skullcrushers out because i do not have a spotter so i cant go as heavy as i would like.
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    9/03

Weight: 154lbs or 11 stone

Water has been high

Training: Increased the weight on military press and side lateral raises, took out skull crushers, felt it much more in my tri's with my new routine.

Going to try and get plenty of rest over the weekend, and going to be ready to hit chest and back on monday
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    10/03

Played footy today with some mates, nothing else to report

11/03

Food: All food has been on time

Water has been high

Chest and back tomorrow
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod

Gangster

12/03

Food: All food on time

I had a terrible nights sleep last night and this affected my training to start off with. But near the end of my workout i got this sudden surge o energy not sure where it came from which enabled me to do more reps with more weight

Training: I ncreased the weight on my weighted dips, bent over rows and deadlifts on 2nd set of deadlifts i got 102.5kgx7 (225.5lbs)

Grow day tomorrow
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    13/03

Water has been high

Last nights sleep was poor, going to try and buy a new pillow to see if it helps.

Leg day tomorrow
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    Food: All meals have been about 30 mins later than usual.

Supps: All taken but later than usual

Training: Today i blasted my hairy legs to bits, I increased the weight on the first set of squats and on my seocnd set i got 6 reps compared to 5 last week with 95kg(209lbs). increased the weight on first and second set of sldl, on 2nd set i got six good reps of 85kg
    (187lbs). I also increased the weighto on my first and second set of leg press

Water: hmmmmm so so today

I mananged to get one of those contoured pillows so last night sleep was pretty good
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    15/03

Got digital tv today and along wih all the british channels, got 50 italian channels should keep my dad amused for the best part of mmmmmmmm.... 5 minutes

Grow day today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod

God damn, Arghhhhh

16/03

What a day, anyway today seemed like god damn Attack of the clinically insane O.A.P motorists part one and two, on two seperate occasions on the way to the gym, there these drivers that must have been over 60 that were out to crash into me, i was furious i was f'ing and blinding but this got me motivated for my workout

Training: Increased the weight on my military press, and as the dumbells only go up to 30kg at my gym, i had to use the metal dumbells for more weight, this is where u attach the big plates yourself i checked it was secured with the pins correctly and proceeded on my 2nd set of dumbell extension and my 5th reop the bloody pins fell of and the plates hit me on the back of the head, god damn, luckily i was ok.

Oh great now my sodding mobile phone is on the blink

Rather forget about this day!!!
    Last edited by FAngel; 03-18-2001 at 03:28 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

them sunday drivers...~tut tut~...
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Bespoke Super Mod
    17/03

From tommorrow fat is going to be higher and carbs are going to be lowered, bumping up my total cals

I have been on the WBB routine since Dec 18th, and might be switching to Max-OT
    Last edited by FAngel; 03-18-2001 at 08:09 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    19/03

Training: Switched from 6-8 reps to 4-6 reps, with this i maanged to improve my first and second set of deadlifts on my second set i managed 110kg(242lbs)x4, added weight to my bent over barbell rows And added reps to my chinny chin chins

Water has been high

Grow day tomorrow
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    20/03

Woke up feeling like complete crap non stop sneezing runny nose. So i went to the chemist and got some medicine and i felt a hell of a lot better. In the evening i felt like complete poo once again

If i feel this way tomorrow i will miss leg day
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    21/01

Missed leg day, feel like crap, , GOD DAMN IT!!!

Anyway i think i should be back in the gym on friday, and it has been a while since i took this much time off to recuparate and rest
    Last edited by FAngel; 03-21-2001 at 10:26 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    23/03

Felt much better today and ready to make a return to the gym tomorrow
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    24/03

Weight: 155Lbs, looks like the rest and recuparation helped. 2lbs since last friday which is good

Training: Increased reps on military press, increased weight on my side laterals
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

How much do you use for side laterals?

I moved onto 14kg DB's on friday and i think they've give me a sore rotator cuff. I can do 12 reps with 12kg quite easily, so i moved onto 14's and got 8. About an hour after trainning, my shoulder felt sore

I don't like working through it either...I may take my week off the gym a couple of weeks early, depends how it feels on monday.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Bespoke Super Mod
    Good to hear your taking a week off. Now tell the gaffer at work u cant pull any pints cause it will worsen your injury u can just serve the customers crisps and bar snacks

24/03

Going to lower protein and up my fat tomorrow
    Last edited by FAngel; 03-27-2001 at 10:43 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    25/03

Today I started on the new ratios which was lower protein and higher fat
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    26/03

Training: My strength was considerably down today and affected all my lifts.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    27/03

Food: Meals were much much later than usual

Leg day tomorrow, hopefully strength will be back tomorrow

Think this is the 10,000th post
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    28/03

Training: Only increased my leg press today

Grow day tomorrow
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    29/03

Think i might be getting this damn flu bug once again, will see how i feel in the morning to decide if i will train tomorrow
    Last edited by FAngel; 03-31-2001 at 10:13 AM.
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    30/03

Feel like crap, missed training, was unable to weight myself because my home scales went haywire. I will weigh myself monday if im well enough to go to the gym.

Nothing seems to be going right for me at the mo
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy

Bespoke Super Mod
    31/03

Feel a bit better today, not really much else to report

1/04
    Feel near 100% which is good, should be back in the gym tomorrow

Chest and back tomorrow
    Einstein

-- Adam Fahy